The jerk chicken wings are the perfect snacks for any big game day when you plan to watch LM10 0r CR7 dribbling ad scoring with your friends. The rich flavorsome taste with a smoky kick sets these wings apart from others. Also, guests will love its bites with the perfect crispness.
You have to prepare the chicken wings overnight and bake them before serving. It becomes juicy and tender due to the overnight marinade. So, it works as the perfect appetizer.
Prep time: 50 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Cooking difficulty: Medium
One of the main challenges of preparing the chicken wings with jerk sauce is to arrange all the ingredients. It indeed needs many items. The list includes-
- 2-1/2 pounds of chicken wings (drumettes)
- ½ cup of chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup of sliced green onion
- 3 freshly chopped and seeded habanero peppers
- 2 tbsp. of thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon of dry thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoon of fresh black pepper and ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon of grated nutmeg, ground cinnamon, and cumin each
- 2 tbsp. of brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 6-8 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of fresh lime juice
- Spray or cooking oil
- Kosher salt to taste
Once you are confident that you have all the ingredients ready at hand, it’s time to see the cooking steps.
- Take a blender and inspect its cleanliness. Now, pour the lime juice, soy sauce, green and yellow onions, black pepper, habanero peppers, cinnamon, nutmeg, dried thyme leaves, and other ingredients except the chicken wings.
- After that, add the kosher salt and vegetable oil inside the blender according to your taste. Lock the lid of the blender and turn it on.
- Blend the ingredients until it turns into a smooth paste for marinating the chicken wings.
- Take a separate bowl and pour the smooth mixture into it. Now, coat the chicken wings with the marinating paste properly. Ensure that the wings are coated in all parts.
- Once the coting is done, put a lid over the bowl. Now, put it inside the refrigerator for marinating adequately. You should allow the wings to marinate for at 8 hours or overnight. It makes the wings flavorsome and tender.
- We will use an oven for baking the marinated chicken wings. Preheat your oven adequately at 450° temperature. Use aluminum foil to align the baking sheet.
- Now spray the cooking oil over the baking sheet. It ensures that the wings don’t stick with the sheet.
- Now, place the wings drumettes on the baking sheet. Inside the bowl, there will be some marinade leftovers. Reserve them for next uses.
- Bake the wings for at least 20-25 minutes. Now stop baking and brush the wings with ½ of the reserved marinade. Then, bake them again for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, coat the wings again with the remaining marinade and bake them for another 15 minutes.
- You have to continue baking until the wings turn tender and caramelized.
You may slightly vary the spices and ingredients according to your likings. Also, make sure the marinating time is sufficient, so the spices and flavors reach deep into the wings.
Dos and Don'ts
- Don’t use large pieces of chicken wings. We recommend you using small wings for the best taste.
- Bake the marinated wings slowly with multiple brushing of the marinade item.
Helpful kitchen tools:
- Instant kitchen thermometer: You can use the thermometer to read the wings' temperature. It helps in the proper doneness of the wings. Ideally, the wings should reach 165°F temperature for baking.
- Tongs: You may use tongs to flip over the wings if need be.
Jerk Chicken Wings - Spicy Jamaican Jerk Hot Wings Recipe
The tender and juicy jerk chicken wings will surely entertain your guests with the perfect delight in every bite. It's savory, and the deep Jamaican saucy flavor is so yummy that you won’t want to taste anything else except these chicken wings (https://www.fryerly.com/best-chicken-wings/) once you taste them.
The key is to marinate them overnight for juiciness and tenderness.
Welcome to Cooking Hacks, a place for all the food lovers out there! I have always been passionate about cooking and finding new ways to make it easier and more enjoyable.