Tuna melts are a pure delight, and you will be amazed by how fast you can make them. Air fryer tuna melt can be made with your fave tuna salad or whatever homemade salad you choose.
Tuna melts are easy to make. Just bring your bread, cheese, tuna and mayo, and the rest is history. You can easily make these as an appetizer and quick breakfast before rushing out.
Table of Contents
Ingredients Used For Making Air Fryer Tuna Melt?
Ingredients used to make air fryer melt include:
- Bread: Get any bread of your choice, especially those with a larger size, so all the tuna can fit.
- Mayonnaise or butter: Get mayonnaise or butter, depending on what you prefer. Use butter or mayonnaise on the outside of the bread.
- Cheddar cheese
- Tuna salad
How to Make Air Fryer Tuna Melt
First get your tuna salad made. Then slather one side of your bread with butter or mayonnaise. Place the bread into the air fryer with the mayo side down. This is what browns the bread on the outside.
Place your cheese on the bread and ensure the cheese doesn’t go over the edge of the bread. That is because cheese left hanging on the edge will melt off the sides.
Add half a cup of tuna salad and use a spoon to spread it out to the edge of the bread.
Do the same on the second half of your bread. Shut the air fryer basket and leave it to air fry at 380 F for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
If it’s ready you will see melty and golden brown edges.
Various kinds of Tuna Salad for the Air Fryer Tuna Melt?
Yes! There are lots of tuna salads you can use. Below is a list of some of my favorites:
- Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Tuna Melt Pita Sandwiches
- Greek Yogurt Tuna Salad
- Use plain yughurt if you are not a lover of mayo.
- To spice up your tuna, you can add finely diced scallions and celery.
- Don’t forget to season tuna with salt and pepper.
- Allow the sandwich to cook for four to five minutes before slicing.
- You can serve sandwiches with pickles, deviled egg pasta salad, chips, and more.
Air fryer tuna melts is an easy and fun dinner you can make for family and friends. All you have to do is bring the bread, tuna, and cheese, and the rest is history.
Try it, it might just be the most delicious one you’d ever make. Don’t forget to share your experience. We would love to know how you did!
Welcome to Cooking Hacks, a place for all the food lovers out there! I have always been passionate about cooking and finding new ways to make it easier and more enjoyable.