If there's one thing you should know about air fryers, they are excellent kitchen tools that you can use to prepare foods like pizzas - and you know what? Pizzas are simply irresistible. The mention of the name alone can make one go hungry. Yummy! Tried using an air fryer for cooking pizza rolls? In this article, we are going to learn about how to cook pizza rolls in an air fryer.
Cooking with an air fryer has numerous benefits on its own. It cooks any meal with at least 70% less oil than regular frying pans or cooking pots, which is suitable for people who want to cut down on fat. They also cook tasty meals, and some even allow you to cook two meals simultaneously.
Why Cooking Pizza Rolls In the Air Fryer is So Good
Using an air fryer to cook pizza rolls ensure that you get a crisp, even, a more appealing, and golden finish all through. You can deep fry pizza rolls or use ovens for it, but it will make the pizza rolls half-baked, unappealing, and uneven.
For example, pizza rolls in nuwave fryer oven look unattractive and uneven, against air fryer Totino's pizza that looks crispy and thoroughly baked. When compared to deep fryers and ovens or microwaves, you will discover that cooking with air fryers is way healthier.
Plus, there is no oil involved while using an air fryer for cooking. Using an air fryer is an added benefit for people who want to cut down on calories and fat. Another advantage of cooking pizza rolls in the air fryer is its rapidness. Air fryers cook meals three times faster than a deep fryer or an oven, saving at least 10 - 15 minutes of your time. It cooks meals to perfection, unlike deep fryers or microwaves.
How to Cook Pizza Rolls in an Air Fryer:
Totino’s Pizza Rolls in an Air Fryer
If you haven't used an air fryer to cook pizzas, then you are definitely missing out on a great deal. It's normal for you not to know this, especially if you are a first-timer. However, we will teach you the steps needed to make a crispy and tasty pizza.
The only ingredient that you need is a half bag of pizza rolls.
- Preheat the air fryer to about 375°F. Although this is optional, doing it will ensure that your food is cooked faster. This usually takes about two to three minutes.
- Turn on the air fryer and put the pizza rolls into the basket, and close it. Make sure you put the required quantity according to the air fryer’s capacity.
- Cook for three minutes before shaking at the same temperature you used to preheat the air fryer.
- Remember, you don’t need oil to make a pizza, but if you don’t want the color looking light brown, you can add some.
- Put them back on and cook for an extra four minutes (maximum), making it a total of seven minutes. Others allow for a longer time due to the difference in types of air fryers. Start by setting the temperature at which you want to cook the pizza and the duration.
- Once you are done, switch off the air fryer and allow the pizza roll to cool before serving.
Frozen Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
If you are hosting a small party like birthday, frozen pizza rolls are a great way to get started. They are everyone’s favorite, no matter how you prepare it. Preparing frozen pizza in air fryer is even better, and the experience is impressive. If you haven't tried to use an air fryer for cooking, you are not the only one. Follow the steps below to get started:
You will need a bag of frozen pizza rolls. If you plan on cooking for a large crowd, you might need to prepare it in batches due to the air fryer's capacity.
- Put the pizza rolls into the air fryer's basket and close. Make sure you put the required quantity according to the air fryer's capacity. Cook at a temperature of 380°F.
- Cook for three minutes before shaking the pizza rolls.
- Put them back on and cook for an extra four minutes. You can go longer if your desired color and finish isn't achieved.
- Allow it to cool and serve on a plate.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls Pro Tips/ Recipes Notes
- You can make pizza rolls in an air fryer, be it GoWise, Chefman, etc.
- Shake the pizza rolls halfway before continuing to cook.
- Adding oil to the pizza rolls is optional. Some people add it to improve the color of the pizza and make it more crispy.
- If you were unable to finish the pizza rolls in the basket, you could reheat pizza in air fryer. Allow it to cool before serving.
How To Cook Pizza Rolls in an Air Fryer
How to Cook Pizza Rolls in an Air Fryer FAQs
How Long Do You Put Pizza Rolls in the Air fryer?
How long to cook pizza rolls in an air fryer is determined by the number of layers in the air fryer. Typically, pizza rolls take about six to seven minutes to cook in the air fryer. This length of time only occurs if it's a single layer of air fryer that is used. It would take longer if you are using a double layer air fryer.
Should I Use Oil to Cook Air fryer Pizza rolls?
Adding oil to pizza rolls is unnecessary. The pizza rolls would still come out crispy and delicious even without adding oil. If you wish to use oil while making your pizza rolls, you can use EVO oil mister. It tends to make your air fryer basket not to get sticky.
Which Pizza rolls Air fryer Method Works Best?
Any method you use to air fry your pizza rolls is okay. The most important thing is to choose the most convenient one.
Can I Cook a Normal Pizza in an Air fryer?
Of course, you can. Not just that, you can cook anything with the air fryer, from egg roll pizza to mozzarella sticks, dumplings to fries.
Do You Have to Preheat the Air fryer?
Preheating an air fryer is dependent on the cook. If you want to get your cooking done a little faster, preheating is the first and best method to go about it. However, if you are not in a hurry to do anything or have all the time in the world, preheating your air fryer might be unnecessary.
Can You Air fry Pizza Pockets?
Air frying pizza pockets are nearly the same as pizza rolls. First of all, preheat the fryer to about 380°F. Put the pockets in the basket, and cook for about ten minutes. Remove it from the air fryer and allow it to cool before serving.
Are Pizza rolls Good in an Air fryer?
When it comes to cooking pizza rolls, air frying is the best method. It makes the food tasty and evenly baked.
Are Pizza rolls Better in the Oven or the Microwave?
Using ovens to cook pizza rolls will produce a better result than microwaves. The pizza rolls will be more crispy against soggy ones that microwaves will produce.
Can You Use PAM in an Air fryer?
PAM is a nonstick spray that you can sprinkle inside the basket of an air fryer. It's not advisable for use because it causes the basket to chip.
At What Temperature Do You Cook Pizza rolls?
You can cook pizza rolls in a temperature range of 350°F to 400°F.
Cooking pizza rolls is pretty much exciting and easy only if you use an air fryer. The air fryer doesn't only make it crispy, but healthy as well. For those who have difficulty minimizing oil consumption, using an air fryer for cooking is the best alternative.
I'm pretty sure that after reading this article, you must have learned how to cook pizza rolls in an air fryer.