Tofu chicken nuggets can be made both in fry and baked form. In whatever method you use, the taste of the nuggets remains as tasty as it is. The softness of tofu and the crunchiness in coating make a perfect combination in any meal.
Prep time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cooking difficulty: Tricky
Serving: 3 persons
Nutrition Information: per serving
- calories: 165kcal
- carbohydrates: 19g
- protein: 12g
- fat: 5g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 796mg
- potassium: 107mg
- fiber: 2g
- sugar: 2g
- vitamin a: 436iu
- vitamin c: 3mg
- calcium: 168mg
- iron: 6mg
Ingredients: 3 servings
- 14 oz firm tofu
- ¼ cup soy milk
- Two and a half tablespoons nutritional yeast
- one teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt (to taste)
- two tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- ¾ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- two tablespoons grapeseed oil or any oil
- one tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- One teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- one tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup honey mustard
Step by step process:
- Wipe the tofu with a paper towel.
- Then, press them with an iron pan for 20–30 minutes.
- After pressing, keep the tofu in a freezer for 6 hours by covering with a wrapper.
- Place them in a microwave oven for 10–15 minutes.
- Get thin tofu by tapping them for more than 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a mixture of soy sauce, yeast, garlic powder, salt.
- 7. Mix hot sauce, soy milk, and apple cider vinegar to the mixture.
- Split the tofu into bite-sized nuggets.
- Dip the tofu in the margination mixture and let it sit for 30 minutes or more.
- Combine flour and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- In a bowl, make a mixture of bread crumbs, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, and salt.
- Then mix pepper and cayenne in it. You may add olive to this mixture to get a crispy texture.
- Place the tofu nuggets into the flour mixture.
- And then coat with the bread crumb mixture.
- Adjust the temperature of the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer the nuggets to a baking sheet. Spray some cooking oil on them.
- Start baking for twenty minutes.
- Turn them halfway and cook again for extra 10 minutes.
- Serve the tofu nuggets warm.
If you want to consume less salt, use a low amount of soy sauce in the mixture.
Dos and Don'ts:
If you want to fry the tofu nuggets, put the tofu into hot oil for 3to 5 minutes. When you find brown texture, remove them from hot oil and serve with dipping sauce.
Baked Tofu Bites - taste like chicken nuggets!
The tofu nuggets can be replaced with chicken nuggets. You can not differentiate them at first bite. So, we can say vegan lovers can have the taste of chicken too. The tender tofu can taste like chicken. And tofu nuggets are super tasty and easy to make.
You merely have to buy some tofu from the supermarket and mix it with the spices. Then fry or bake them. Finally, the crispy tofu chicken nuggets are ready to serve. Are you interested more chicken recipes? Here you go - https://www.fryerly.com/best-chicken-nuggets/