When your appetite wants some deep smoky aroma, always seek help from the chicken wings. And when you cook the wings in a closed chamber using hickory wood, it brings a different aroma.
The easiest recipe is described below for chefs’ convenience.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: Approximately 2 hours
Servings: 5 to 6 people
Cooking difficulty: Intermediate
Nutrition Information: 315 calories; 17.5 grams low-carb protein; 32 grams carbohydrate and 13 grams fat per serving.
Ingredients you will need
- 3 to 4 pounds of chicken wings (frozen)
- 1 tbsp. of onion powder, chili powder, and paprika each
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt and black pepper in grounded condition
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Barbeque sauce (according to taste)
- Few chips of hickory wood
The hickory wood must be in dry condition. Otherwise, it won’t burn properly.
The cooking steps are
- At first, you will have to bake the frozen chicken wings at mid-temperature. You don’t need to thaw the wings before baking.
- Wrap the chicken wings in on aluminum foil or baking sheet correctly. Make sure the entire wing is wrapped properly.
- Now, you have to preheat the oven at 350°F temperature to bake the wrapped chicken wings.
- Once the oven is preheated, insert the wings into the oven. Let the wings bake for the next one hour.
- Take a small bowl. Now pour all the ingredients such as onion powder, chili powder, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and paprika in the bowl. Mix these spicy ingredients accurately to use it as a dry rub.
- Now, bring the baked chicken wings from the oven and let them cool down. Otherwise, you might burn the finger.
- Use the dry rub to coat the baked chicken wings properly.
- Prepare the smoker now. At first, insert the hickory wood chips inside it. Then, place the chicken wings in an even layer carefully.
- Set the cooker smoker temperature at 225°F.
- Let the smoker cook the chicken wings for at least 1 hour.
Once ready, toss the smoked chicken wings with the BBQ sauce for an aromatic and juicy feel.
You should use smaller pieces of chicken wings. These are easy to cook and endeavor also. We recommend you pick chicken wings right where the wings and drums separate.
How to smoke perfect chicken wings - Video
Smoked chicken wings are the favorite to all. The hickory wood aroma adds a tangible feel to it. Here we have described the easiest and straightforward recipe for the Hickory smoked chicken wings. It can be a great evening snack or tiffin for your kids.
Welcome to Cooking Hacks, a place for all the food lovers out there! I have always been passionate about cooking and finding new ways to make it easier and more enjoyable.