Orange marmalade has a rare combination of tanginess and sweetness in it. It adds a different flavor to the chicken wings. And then, it comes with a saucy yumminess when dipped in the sweet chili sauce for the perfect evening snacks.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Serving: 3 to 4 people
Cooking difficulty: Medium
Nutritional information: Sodium 237.5 mg, 290 calories, 33 grams of carbohydrates, 15.4 grams of protein, and 11 grams of fat.
Ingredients for chicken wings:
You will need to prepare the sweet chili sauce and the chicken wings separately.
- 2 pounds of chicken wings; cut properly into drummettes
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely mashed
- ½ cup of Ginger and onion paste
- Almond flour
- Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Ingredients for the sauce:
- ¼ cup of orange marmalade, fresh orange juice, and rice wine vinegar each
- 1 teaspoon of fresh orange zest
- T tbsp. of a sesame seed (lightly toasted)and soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. of brown sugar
- ½ cup freshly crushed red pepper
The cooking steps are-
- At first, clean the chicken wings properly. Then, soak the extra water by pressing a towel with the chicken wings to make them fully dry.
- In a separate bowl, pour the almond flour. Mix the red and black pepper with it. Also, add salt and some toasted sesame seed in it.
- Now coat the chicken wings with the mixture evenly.
- Preheat the oven at 350°F and insert the chicken wings in it. Cook them until it becomes crispy and turns golden brown. Don’t forget to flip over the wings so that each side is cooked accurately. It would take around 20 minutes.
- Take a saucepan and set it on a stove. Add some butter to the pan, so it doesn’t stick to the orange marmalade.
- Now, add the orange marmalade, juice, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar. Cook it for 2-3 minutes. When the marmalade dissolves, remove it from the pan.
- Then, carefully dip the fried chicken wings in it. Lastly, spread the toasted sesame seed over the glazed chicken wings.
You can serve the chicken wings with sticky rice or eat them separately as an evening snack. It will also be a good item for kids’ tiffin. Related recipes at https://www.fryerly.com/best-chicken-wings/
Honey orange glazed chicken wings - mildly spicy and tastes like you ate in a restaurant!
Sweet chili and orange marmalade glazed chicken wings are the crowd entertainer. When you invite guests for a Sunday party, welcome them with this delicious snack. It acts as the perfect appetizer for all for a lavish dinner.
Welcome to Cooking Hacks, a place for all the food lovers out there! I have always been passionate about cooking and finding new ways to make it easier and more enjoyable.