The thickest thing about Italian cuisine is Frying eggplant. An eggplant is very soft, delicate flesh with the tasty browned capsule. I have made an eggplant by using a little oil, pressing them to remove oil to soak up.
There are few people who like to eat eggplant with more oil. They sometimes spend more times in bed just like Python. But an eggplant having no oil or with less oil is delicious.
It has no possibility of health hazard. They frying system is very simple and easy. One can do it at home without facing any problem.
- One large egg
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- N/A coarse salt
- 1/2 spoon coarse salt plus additional for sprinkling the eggplant
- one small eggplant (about 1/4 pound), cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
- one cup fresh bread crumbs
- lemon wedges if desired
Keep cornstarch, the beaten egg with a half teaspoon of salt and bread crumbs in separate small bowls.
Dredge every eggplant portion in cornstarch, cover it methodically and remove excess oil, cover with egg mixture, search it in bread crumbs, press the crumbs to construct adhere.
Then keep the eggplant since it is coated with the paper towels and make it slightly dry. For a deep, profound skillet fry make a batch of the eggplant slices in half an inch using 375 degrees F. Use oil for every side as long as they hold golden brown color, alter them by tongs on paper towels for draining. Sprinkle additional oil on the eggplant and serve them with lemon wedges.
Easy Deep Fried Eggplant Strips Recipe
What You’ll Need
- vegetable oil for frying
- one medium eggplant
- one large egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- two tablespoons water
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup light dry bread crumbs, plain or seasoned
- kosher salt
How to Make It
- Peel the eggplant with a sharp knife or with a vegetable peeler; make slick of 1/4 inch thick sticks measuring three inches in length.
- Keep oil about two to three inches thick in a heavy, deep saucepan and use heat up to 370 F.
- Preserve flour is a deep dish. Beat the egg in other bowls along with water. Keep the crumbs in the 3rd bowl.
- Sprinkle the piece of eggplant lightly with freshly ground black pepper and with salt.
- Shake off excess oil, roll the eggplant pieces slightly and fresh ground black pepper.
- Roll eggplant piece within flour, stir the excess and finally dip into egg mixture.
- Make a roll of strips to coat and fry in the hot oil as long as golden brown for two to three minutes. Remove them when fry is done.
- Remove the eggplant strips on paper towels to drain it and sprinkle little with kosher salt. Then sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Give hot with a dip if you like
Eggplant Cooking Tips and Variations
- Select the eggplant which is firm as well as and feels heavy according to size. Do not take eggplants with scars or cuts. The stems and caps must look fresh as well as green.
- Slender and long eggplants are so juicy as the plump, round, eggplants are better to fry.
- Use one teaspoon of chili powder with the bread crumbs and a dash of cumin. Give the strips with purchased or fresh salsa.