Deep Fried Eggplant is a scrumptious dish that is not only healthy, but fun. If you're looking to enjoy this delicious recipe at home in a healthier way you're going to need an air fryer. This deep fried eggplant can be cooked effortlessly and is a great accompaniment to your favorite marinara sauce. It makes a great snack or even an appetizer.
To cook the eggplant you'll need to use the basket attachment of the air fryer. It's important to make sure that the eggplant is patted dry to prevent it from splashing oil. You can even use a paper towel to pat it down. The heat needs to be set to 360 degrees.
It has no possibility of health hazard. They frying system is very simple and easy. One can do it at home without facing any problem.
The skin is totally edible; it may be little tough with the large eggplants. If you have tender, young, small size, then the nutrient – rich skin may be left on the skillet braising or frying. Except that, peel the skin and cube or slice the flesh.
The flesh will be free from blemishes, creamy and pale. Eliminate bruised or dark portion and the turning brown seeds, as they have a bitter taste, unpleasant texture.
As you are roasting the whole eggplant on the grill or in the oven or fryer, keep the skin on then finishing roasting, make it cool or scoop out the flesh.
Several useful ways to do it
Eggplant contains meaty, dense flesh which is ideal for grilling. Make it thick round by cutting for burgers, slice it into strips and cube it for kabobs for an easy grilled side dish.
Braised eggplant is the most attractive way to roll into one. By the help of this system, spears or slices are prepared well very soft at the time of selecting up flavors from the other elements of the pan.
Some people do not like to fry eggplants as it is notorious to soak up oil, but for an occasional treat, this is worth the attempt.
Presenting of your eggplant helps from sogginess. Pan fried or Breaded eggplant slices are the basis of eggplant Parmesan, a slice may be served as a vegetarian course dresses having tahini sauce or a cutlet for the sandwich.
Stir-Fried and Sauteed
Cubes of eggplant are tired fried or the part of the elaborate right dish. The Saute with basil or tomatoes is a simple paste sauce.
Stir fry with ginger or garlic and spicy bean sauce for the Chinese Classic. Stir fry in Thai Red curry coconut milk or paste Thai basil and pork, chicken or Tofu.
1. Easy Deep Fried Eggplant Strips Recipe
Deep frying eggplant strips is a great way to enjoy eggplant. Eggplant is a vegetable that is not appreciated enough for its versatility. A lot of people don't know how to cook with it, and they don't realize how great it is.
Eggplant is a great substitute for meat, it has a lot of fiber and it is a great source of antioxidants. Deep fried eggplant strips are a great way to enjoy these benefits. If you are looking for a great eggplant recipe, this is the best one.
What You Need
- Vegetable oil for frying
- One medium eggplant
- One large egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Two tablespoons water
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup light dry bread crumbs, plain or seasoned
- Kosher salt
- Peel the eggplant with a sharp knife or with a vegetable peeler; make slick of 1/4 inch thick sticks measuring three inches in length.
- Keep oil about two to three inches thick in a heavy, deep saucepan and use heat up to 370 F.
- Preserve flour is a deep dish. Beat the egg in other bowls along with water. Keep the crumbs in the 3rd bowl.
- Sprinkle the piece of eggplant lightly with freshly ground black pepper and with salt.
- Shake off excess oil, roll the eggplant pieces slightly and fresh ground black pepper.
- Roll eggplant piece within flour, stir the excess and finally dip into egg mixture.
- Make a roll of strips to coat and fry in the hot oil as long as golden brown for two to three minutes. Remove them when fry is done.
- Remove the eggplant strips on paper towels to drain it and sprinkle little with kosher salt. Then sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Give hot with a dip if you like.
2. Summer Chicken And Eggplant Pasta
This is not the summer season, but the delicious pasta will remain for the whole year round when you like o have the carb craving.
The dish is mouthwatering on the heavier side; there are many fresh veggies. You can go all the way completely fulfilled.
- One eggplant cut into half
- Two chicken breasts about four oz. each
- One zucchini
- One yellow squash
- One c. Cherry tomatoes or grape
- Two spoons extra virgin oil, with more for brushing
- Non-stick spray
- Salt & pepper
- 6 oz. angel hair pasta
- Grill seasoning
- Eight to ten fresh basil leaves, and thinly torn or sliced
- Five tablespoons good olive based Italian dressing, divided
- Keep eggplant on the cooking rack. Use salt on each side and wait for twenty minutes. Use pepper towel to remove excess oil from the eggplant or bolt excess moisture.
- Use extra virgin olive oil on each side and season with the pepper. Spray the chicken breasts with the non-stick spray and after season sides with the grill seasoning.
- Then cut the yellow squash and zucchini, then cut in half. Cut with the sharp knife or vegetable peeler, add strips as well as tomatoes with the medium size bowl.
- Now toss with the two teaspoons extra virgin olive oil and the grill seasoning. Use medium-high heat to the pan and spray with the nonstick spray.
- Grill the chicken up to it cooks well, for four minutes for one side. Grill the eggplant slices up until it becomes tender, three minutes per side. Grill zucchini, squash, tomatoes together up to tender, tossing so often about five minutes total.
- Chop eggplant or chicken to bite-sized pieces. Keep angle hair pasta in a large pot salted with boiled water, cook under the direction of the package.
- Then divide pasta between 4 plates. Add eggplant, grilled chicken, squash, zucchini, and tomatoes. Drizzle every part with the Italian dressing and after that sprinkle with the fresh basil.
3. How to fry Eggplant with Flour
You can fry eggplants with flour, if you want to add some nice taste to them. Also, you can fry a lot of eggplants at the same time, and then you can freeze them and use them whenever you want. The recipe is very simple and will not take too much time. To make this dish, we will need a few ingredients. You will need flour, an egg, salt, water and oil.
- Half of tsp salt, plus extra for sprinkling eggplant
- One small eggplant cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick pieces and then quartered
Emeril’s ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also Known as Bayou Blast):
- Two and half tbsp paprika
- Two tbsp salt
- Two tbsp garlic powder
- One tbsp black pepper
- One tbsp onion powder
- One tbsp cayenne pepper
- One tbsp dried oregano
- One tbsp dried thyme
Mix the flour, egg, and breadcrumbs each in 3 bowls. Insert the 1/2 tsp of salt into the egg and whisk to blend. Season the breadcrumbs with the tablespoon of Essence and stir with a fork or your hands to thoroughly mix.
Dredge eggplant slice of in the flour, coating entirely then shaking to remove any excess flour. Coat each slice with all the egg, then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing to produce the breadcrumbs adhere.
Transfer the eggplant pieces to a stand or to paper towels to allow them to completely dry before prepar to frying.
In a deep, heavy skillet heat 1/2-inch of vegetable oil to 375 degrees F. Eggplant need to fry in a batch in needed approximately for one minutes on each side or till it getting golden brown color. Serve with marinara sauce or as wanted.
How To Use It
- To deep fry eggplant, first, you need to cut off the tops and bottoms, and then cut it into slices. Place your slices in a bowl, and add some breadcrumbs and flour.
- Then dip the slices into a bowl of beaten eggs and then breadcrumbs one more time.
- Then, add some oil into a pan and heat the oil up over medium-high heat until it's hot enough to allow deep frying. Then, deep fry the eggplant slices.
Eggplant Cooking Tips and Variations
- Select the eggplant which is firm as well as and feels heavy according to size. Do not take eggplants with scars or cuts. The stems and caps must look fresh as well as green.
- Slender and long eggplants are so juicy as the plump, round, eggplants are better to fry.
- Use one teaspoon of chili powder with the bread crumbs and a dash of cumin. Give the strips with purchased or fresh salsa.
Health Benefits of Eggplant
While eggplants do not have an overwhelming source of any 1 nutrient, they indeed do comprise an impressive array throughout the board of several minerals and vitamins, such as outstanding quantities of fiber, folate, potassium and manganese, in addition to vitamin K, vitamins C, and B6, magnesium, and ellagic acid.
Studies suggest that eggplant has quite a few health benefits from these components, in addition to traditional uses.
From time to time, the roots and leaves are boiled or refrigerated to create a tonic for stomach and throat problems, asthma, skin disorders, rheumatism, inflammation, gastrointestinal illnesses, foot pain, coughs, anorexia, gingivitis, or as a general stimulant.
Modern-day scientists revealed that the Black Magic assortment of eggplant holds almost three times the quantity of antioxidant phenolics they discovered in additional eggplant types.
Phenols are proven to be among the most useful free radical scavengers, which may protect against cancer growth and cardiovascular disease, but it has these very features that provide eggplants a little bitter flavor.
Still another research found that anthocyanin phytonutrients from the skin of eggplants, known as nasunin, is a powerful antioxidant that hastens free radicals and protects the lipids (fats) in the brain cell membranes from damage.
One intriguing component of eggplant is its shady relations, as it is a part of the nightshade family of plants such as berries, potatoes, and bell peppers, in addition to chili peppers, habaneros, paprika and jalapenos.
Most nutritionists caution that too many portions of eggplant may cause difficulties. Ancient Mediterranean individuals reportedly nicknamed it “mad apple,” thinking that consumption eggplant daily for a month could lead to insanity.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the health benefits of eating eggplant?
Eating eggplant can provide a variety of health benefits, including improved digestion, reduced inflammation, and protection against certain types of cancer. Eggplant is high in fiber and low in calories, making it an excellent choice for weight loss. It also contains a range of vitamins and minerals that are essential for good health.
Are there any special techniques for cooking eggplant?
Yes, there are a few special techniques for cooking eggplant. One of the most popular is to fry it. To fry eggplant, start by cutting it into thin slices and then dipping them in a mixture of beaten eggs and milk. Then, coat the slices with breadcrumbs or flour and seasonings of your choice. Finally, heat some oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and fry the eggplant slices until they are golden brown.
How long does it take to fully cook an eggplant?
It typically takes about 10 minutes to fully cook an eggplant. The exact time will depend on the size and thickness of the slices, as well as the heat of your stove. To check if it is done, insert a fork into the center of a slice and see if it is tender. If not, continue cooking for a few more minutes until it is cooked through.
Can certain ingredients like herbs be used to enhance the flavor of eggplant dishes?
Yes, certain ingredients like herbs can be used to enhance the flavor of eggplant dishes. Fresh herbs like basil, oregano, and thyme are all great options for adding flavor to eggplant dishes. You can also add spices such as garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or cumin to give your dish an extra kick. Additionally, you can use sauces such as tomato sauce or pesto to add flavor and moisture.
Are there any different cooking methods that can be used to bring out the best flavors in an eggplant dish?
Yes, there are a few different cooking methods that can be used to bring out the best flavors in an eggplant dish. Roasting is one of the most popular methods, as it helps to caramelize the natural sugars in the eggplant and bring out its sweetness. Grilling is another great option, as it gives the eggplant a smoky flavor. You can also bake or sauté the eggplant for a more subtle flavor.
How To - Fried Eggplant (Easy)
Deep Fried Eggplant is delicious, but the amount of oil you need to deep fry it can be excessive. Therefore, you should try to minimize the amount of oil you use to deep fry eggplant. You can do this by making sure to dry the eggplant thoroughly and make sure that you are using a stable oil that does not smoke or burn at high temperatures. You should also make sure that you use a deep fryer that is designed for frying instead of a pan.
if you want more information click here
Chester’s expertise in air fryer cooking stems from her belief that air frying is one of the healthiest and most convenient cooking methods. Her recipes are designed to make the most of the air fryer’s unique cooking properties, producing crispy and delicious meals without excessive oil.