Chicken wings are indeed an appetizing and flavorsome delicacy that we all love, from kids to seniors. When you are in a hurry, you can prepare the caramelized chicken wings in a hurry to entertain family members and guests.
The caramelized versions will unveil both the sweet and crispy feel. You can prepare the item with the least hassle and serve it with sauces or part of the main meal. Furthermore, these caramelized wings have a high-proportion of nutritional benefits too.
Prep time: 5-7 minutes
Cooking time: 50-60 minutes
Total time: 60-70 minutes
Cooking difficulty: Medium
Serving: 6 people
- 12 large chicken wings
- ½ cup of soy sauce and white sugar each
- 2 tbsp. of peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey, wine vinegar, and minced garlic each
- Salt and sesame seeds to taste
The preparation and cooking steps are-
- Preheat an electric skillet or regular skillet over the stove. Add water to it, and then add the peanut butter, minced garlic, honey, soy sauce, white sugar, and wine vinegar one by one in the skillet.
- Continue cooking them until the sugar dissolves appropriately in the water and the mixture becomes smooth. You might have to add extra water considering the mix's texture, to get the caramelized flavor.
- Once you are satisfied with the caramel, you can add the chicken wings to it.
- On a separate bowl, cut the chicken wings to rip off the tip portion. Then use the drumettes for the caramelized version of the best chicken wings. You can use the chicken wings tip to make stews or use it with vegetable soups later.
- Once you add the properly cut wings into the caramel, let it simmer for 30 minutes. Cover the skillet during this time. Also, once in a while, flip over the wings so that the caramel inside doesn't start burning. Add the salt too. Also, many people don't use salts with the sweet caramelized versions of wings.
- After 30 minutes of cooking the wings in a covered skillet, remove the cover. Then continue to simmer the chicken wings in the sauce for another 30 minutes.
- Spoon the sauces over the chicken wings frequently.
- Once cooked properly, add the sesame seeds over the wings. You should sprinkle these seeds right before removing the chicken wings from the skillet.
- You can serve it French fries or cornbread. It is quick to prepare a guest appetizer and comes with the sweetness to offer great snack time for all.
The texture of the caramel must be thick. Also, the amount of sugar depends on the personal taste. You might add or reduce the sugar depending on the preference buds for the caramel.
Dos and Don’ts
- Spoon the caramel frequently. Otherwise, it would get burned soon.
- You have to continue cooking in medium heat until the caramel becomes sticky and thick.
- Don't use too much water, or the caramelized texture would get lost.
Caramelized Chicken Wings
Caramelized chicken wings are an all-time favorite to all. You can get the readymade chicken wings from the superstores and just cook them into the prepared caramel. Its sweetness and homely feel will entertain guests and family members alike. You can also use them as kids' tiffin when they are bored with their regular cereals and veggies.
Welcome to Cooking Hacks, a place for all the food lovers out there! I have always been passionate about cooking and finding new ways to make it easier and more enjoyable.