In Italy, the word caprese refers to the classic combination of basil, tomato and fresh mozzarella, so it's no surprise that this caprese stuffed chicken is the perfect way to celebrate the tastiness of summer. It's bursting with flavor from basil, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and pesto, all wrapped up in juicy chicken breasts. The recipe is surprisingly easy to make, too. You can enjoy it as a quick weeknight dinner that's easy to prepare and even easier to clean up after, or serve it up at your next dinner party.
Here we will give you the entire recipe with some tips that you can follow. This dish will impress you as there are various flavors added to it. The melted cheese, fresh basil leaves, and sun-dried tomato strips add extra taste to it. So, check our following recipe and prepare it today.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Cooking difficulty: easy
Serving: 4 persons
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Calories: 199kcal
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 25g
- Sodium: 158mg
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Potassium: 634mg
- Sugar: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Vitamin C: 13.8mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Vitamin A: 445IU
- Calcium: 40mg
- Pepper and salt for seasoning
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 thinly sliced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon each of dried oregano and dried basil
- 4 mozzarella cheese slices
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato strips in oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 12 divided basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- First of all, set the oven at 180° C to preheat it. Then you need to cut the chicken breast on the thick side. Be careful about not cutting all the way.
- Now you need to season the chicken pieces with pepper, dried herbs, and salt. Then use 1 teaspoon sun-dried tomato oil on all the breasts.
- Try to rub some seasoning in the pockets.
- Put 2 slices of tomato, 1 slice mozzarella cheese, 2 teaspoon sun-dried tomato strips, and basil leaves on the pockets.
- Then you need to use 3-4 toothpicks to seal the pieces.
- Take a skillet and add 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomato oil to heat over medium-high temperature.
- Then you can add the chicken to fry for 2 minutes. Fry both sides of the chicken to get a golden-brown look.
- You will need to mix brown sugar, garlic, and vinegar in a little jug. Then keep the mixture on the pan over the chicken.
- You should bring the chicken pieces to a simmer to get a thick glaze when you are stirring.
- Then you can keep the pan in the preheated oven. Start cooking for 10-15 minutes. Consider the cooking is done when the cheese will melt.
- Now you can drizzle with pan juices after removing the toothpicks.
- You should use a sharp and thin knife for cutting the chicken pockets. While cutting, start from the thickest breast side. Be careful while cutting because you should not cut through all the ways.
- If you want to add more flavor in the chicken, use sun-dried tomato oil.
- You can serve the dish with sliced tomato and grated mozzarella cheese.
- If you want to store the dish, you can place it in the freeze.
Dos and Don'ts:
- If you want to add an extra flavor, you can use spicy homemade sauce.
- Try to cut the chicken breasts from the thickest side.
- Do not cut the chicken breasts all the way through because you need to leave a place for the melted cheese.
- You can use olive oil instead of adding sun-dried tomato oil.
- Keep the rest of the chicken pieces in a refrigerator to store them for the next day.
- You can serve the dish with a light green salad.
Used Kitchen Tools in This Recipe
- Skillet or nonstick pan
- Small jug
- Mixing bowls
- Measurement cups and spoons
Caprese Stuffed Chicken Recipe
If you like to prepare a magical and delighted chicken dinner, you should try our caprese stuffed chicken at home. This recipe has an amazing combination of melted cheese, basil leaves, and sun-dried tomato strips. You can season the chicken with pepper basil, salt, and tomato oil. All the flavors provide a healthy meal for you. You can prepare this dish by following all the steps. So, check our whole article (https://www.fryerly.com/the-best-chicken-parmesan-recipe/) to get the entire recipe with some expert suggestions.
Chester’s expertise in air fryer cooking stems from her belief that air frying is one of the healthiest and most convenient cooking methods. Her recipes are designed to make the most of the air fryer’s unique cooking properties, producing crispy and delicious meals without excessive oil.