What do you do with leftover turkey and cheese? Make an air fryer leftovers calzone! It’s a crescent-shaped Italian oven-baked flatbread, a type of pizza, and it can be stuffed with all kinds of stuff. The glorious thing about leftovers calzone is that you can use up any food you have on hand, so experiment with the recipe.
Leftover turkey is just one of the many ingredients you can use to make an Air Fryer leftover turkey and cheese calzone. You can use cooked or uncooked turkey or even a mixture of the two. Just make sure to dice the meat and use a fork to stir it into the filling. You can also add herbs, spices, and other savory ingredients if you like.
What can you do with the leftover turkey? It’s a big question. Well! Let’s make the leftovers more delicious and healthy. What to do? You only need an air fryer. Let’s make Air Fryer Leftover Turkey & Cheese Calzone, packed with various nutrients. Hurry up! Don’t get the leftovers to spoil. Make calzones with the leftovers following some easy instructions. Let’s know how to cook this delicious recipe.
Prep time: 05 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Cooking difficulty: Quick and easy
Serving: 4 persons
What are the nutritional values of Air Fryer Leftover Turkey & Cheese Calzone?
- Servings Per Recipe: 4 persons
- Calories: 670 kcal
- Calcium: 31 mg
- Cholesterol: 35 mg
- Protein: 18 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Fat: 39 g
- Iron: 4 mg
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 61 g
- Sodium: 539 mg
- Potassium: 242 mg
Which handful of ingredients are required to make this recipe?
- Air Fryer Pie Crust (500 g / 1.1 pound)
- Turkey Pot Pie Leftovers (300 g / 10.58 oz)
- Egg Wash (optional)
What are the step-by-step instructions on how to cook this delicious food?
- Step 1: First, roll out your desired pie crusts to get calzone shapes with a pie maker.
- Step 2: Add seasonings- salt, black pepper, parsley to the pie crust. Make it round.
- Step 3: Place the pie crust into the piemaker and give it a nice shape by pressing down.
- Step 4: After that coat each pie crust with the egg wash.
- Step 5: Now, your calzone is ready for cooking.
- Spot it in an air fryer. Start cooking at 360 ° F for 10-12 minutes. Carry on cooking until the calzone gets a brown color and crisp crust.
- Step 6: Wait for a while before distributing. Organize the calzones with sauce, seasonings, green salads, and mayonnaise.
- Step 7: Spread a pinch of parmesan cheese into the calzone before serving.
What are the expert tips you can follow for making Air Fryer Leftover Turkey & Cheese Calzone?
- Keep the leftover turkeys to a deep freeze. Try to use them between 5-7 days. Always keep the freeze neat and clean.
- If you want to get a healthy version, shorten the calories with weight tortilla wraps.
- Stock the cooked calzone in the refrigerator. You can also reheat them in an air fryer.
- Let the cheese properly melt before fish out. The melted cheese gives the calzone a very unique taste and flavor.
Dos and Don’ts
- Properly wash the leftovers before using. Avoid contamination with any foreign particles.
- Preheat the air fryer at 180° C. Don’t cook the calzone over time. This may make the calzone more crispy and broken.
- Check out the internal meat temperature with a specialized meat thermostat.
- Use fresh vegetables for making salads.
Which kitchen cooking tools are used to make this item?
- Air fryer
- Cooking spray
- Mixing bowl
How-To Make A Thanksgiving Leftovers Calzone
Making a Thanksgiving Leftovers Calzone is a fun and delicious way to repurpose your holiday feast. Imagine biting into a warm, crispy crust and being welcomed by a burst of flavors from your favorite Thanksgiving dishes. Here’s how you can make a Thanksgiving Leftovers Calzone. First, roll out the pizza dough into a round shape.
Then, layer your Thanksgiving leftovers – turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and even mashed potatoes – onto half of the dough, leaving a half-inch border around the edge. You can also sprinkle in some mozzarella or cheddar cheese for an extra touch of indulgence. Fold the other half of the dough over the fillings and crimp the edges to seal.
Brush the top of the calzone with egg wash and bake until golden brown. Voila! You have a delightful meal that not only satisfies your palate but also minimizes food waste. Enjoy this inventive twist on your Thanksgiving leftovers and make the holiday magic last a little longer.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
How do I make Air Fryer Leftover Turkey and Cheese Calzone?
You can make Air Fryer Leftover Turkey and Cheese Calzone by gathering your ingredients, which include leftover turkey, cheese, pizza dough, and any desired fillings. Roll out your pizza dough, fill it with turkey and cheese, fold it over into a half-moon shape, and crimp the edges. Cook in the air fryer at a recommended temperature until golden brown.
What temperature should I set the air fryer to cook the calzone?
The ideal temperature to set your air fryer for cooking a calzone is usually around 360-400°F. However, it’s best to refer to your air fryer’s manual or recipe guide for specific temperature recommendations as it can vary between different air fryer models.
How long does it take to cook a calzone in the air fryer?
The cooking time for a calzone in the air fryer can vary depending on the size of the calzone and the specific air fryer model. On average, it should take about 10-15 minutes. But always ensure that the dough is fully cooked and the filling is hot before consuming.
Do I need to preheat my air fryer before cooking the calzone?
While it’s not always necessary to preheat an air fryer, doing so can help to ensure that your calzone cooks evenly and in the estimated cooking time. Preheating your air fryer for about 5 minutes at the cooking temperature can make a difference.
Can I use other types of meat in my calzone?
Yes, you can use other types of meat in your calzone. Leftover chicken, ham, or even cooked sausage would work well. Just ensure that the meat is fully cooked before adding it to your calzone.
The Air Fryer Leftover Turkey & Cheese Calzone is a great way to use up extra Thanksgiving turkey. They’re quick and easy to make, and versatile, so you can easily substitute them with different ingredients. As written, this is a freezer-to-oven recipe since you can assemble and freeze the calzones and then bake them directly from the freezer, saving you time on a busy holiday weekend.
Chester’s expertise in air fryer cooking stems from her belief that air frying is one of the healthiest and most convenient cooking methods. Her recipes are designed to make the most of the air fryer’s unique cooking properties, producing crispy and delicious meals without excessive oil.