What do you do with leftover turkey and cheese? Make an air fryer leftovers calzone! It’s a crescent-shaped Italian oven-baked flatbread, a type of pizza, and it can be stuffed with all kinds of stuff. The glorious thing about leftovers calzone is that you can use up any food you have on hand, so experiment with the recipe.
Leftover turkey is just one of the many ingredients you can use to make an Air Fryer leftover turkey and cheese calzone. You can use cooked or uncooked turkey or even a mixture of the two. Just make sure to dice the meat and use a fork to stir it into the filling. You can also add herbs, spices, and other savory ingredients if you like.
What can you do with the leftover turkey? It's a big question. Well! Let's make the leftovers more delicious and healthy. What to do? You only need an air fryer. Let's make Air Fryer Leftover Turkey & Cheese Calzone, packed with various nutrients. Hurry up! Don't get the leftovers to spoil. Make calzones with the leftovers following some easy instructions. Let's know how to cook this delicious recipe.
Prep time: 05 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Cooking difficulty: Quick and easy
Serving: 4 persons
What are the nutritional values of Air Fryer Leftover Turkey & Cheese Calzone?
- Servings Per Recipe: 4 persons
- Calories: 670 kcal
- Calcium: 31 mg
- Cholesterol: 35 mg
- Protein: 18 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Fat: 39 g
- Iron: 4 mg
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 61 g
- Sodium: 539 mg
- Potassium: 242 mg
Which handful of ingredients are required to make this recipe?
- Air Fryer Pie Crust (500 g / 1.1 pound)
- Turkey Pot Pie Leftovers (300 g / 10.58 oz)
- Egg Wash (optional)
What are the step-by-step instructions on how to cook this delicious food?
Step 1: First, roll out your desired pie crusts to get calzone shapes with a pie maker.
Step 2: Add seasonings- salt, black pepper, parsley to the pie crust. Make it round.
Step 3: Place the pie crust into the piemaker and give it a nice shape by pressing down.
Step 4: After that coat each pie crust with the egg wash.
Step 5: Now, your calzone is ready for cooking.
Spot it in an air fryer. Start cooking at 360 ° F for 10-12 minutes. Carry on cooking until the calzone gets a brown color and crisp crust.
Step 6: Wait for a while before distributing. Organize the calzones with sauce, seasonings, green salads, and mayonnaise.Step 7: Spread a pinch of parmesan cheese into the calzone before serving.
What are the expert tips you can follow for making Air Fryer Leftover Turkey & Cheese Calzone?
- Keep the leftover turkeys to a deep freeze. Try to use them between 5-7 days. Always keep the freeze neat and clean.
- If you want to get a healthy version, shorter the calorie with weight tortilla wraps.
- Stock the cooked calzone in the refrigerator. You can also reheat them to an air fryer.
- Let the cheese properly melt before fish out. The melted cheese gives the calzone a very unique taste and flavor.
Dos and Don'ts:
- Properly wash the leftovers before using. Avoid contamination with any foreign particles.
- Preheat the air fryer at 180° C. Don't cook the calzone over time. This may make the calzone more crispy and broken.
- Check out the internal meat temperature with a specialized meat thermostat.
- Use fresh vegetables for making salads.
Which kitchen cooking tools are used to make this item?
- Air fryer
- Cooking spray
- Mixing bowl
How-To Make a Thanksgiving Leftovers Calzone
The Air Fryer Leftover Turkey & Cheese Calzone is a great way to use up extra Thanksgiving turkey. They’re quick and easy to make and versatile, so you can easily substitute them with different ingredients. As written, this is a freezer-to-oven recipe since you can assemble and freeze the calzones, then bake them directly from the freezer, saving you time on a busy holiday weekend.