Korean style chicken wings come with the perfect stickiness and sweet feel that melts perfectly on the tongue. Thus, from kids to grandpa, everyone cherishes these crispy chicken wings. Also, you are at liberty to choose your favorite Korean sauce for it.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Serving: 3-4 people
Cooking difficulty: Medium
Nutritional information: 47.5mg cholesterol, 16.2 grams of protein, 347 calories, and 45 grams of carbohydrate, along with 11.5 grams of fat.
You will have to prepare the chicken wings and the sauce separately. So, you will need two different ingredients chart for it.
Chicken wings ingredients:
- 2.5 pounds of chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon of garlic, onion, and ginger powder each
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- Lemon slices
- ½ cup cornstarch
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, lemon juice, and brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of finely minced fresh ginger root
- ¼ cup of fresh and finely chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup of gochujang ( It is a thick paste of Korean hot pepper)
- 1/3 cup of hot honey
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- Salt according to taste
The cooking steps are:
- At first, take a clean saucepan. Now mix soy sauce, hot honey, gochujang, lemon juice, brown sugar, and other ingredients in it. Cook it at medium heat until the mixture boils and then reduce the heat.
- Allow it to simmer for another 5-7 minutes. Finally, add the green onions and stir them gently for a few moments.
- Please turn on the air-fryer and preheat it at 400°F.
- Take a separate bowl and mix the garlic, onion, ginger powder with the salt here. Also, add black pepper and drop a few tiny pieces of lemon slices in it. Blend the mixture properly.
- Now, toss the chicken wings in the mixture properly. Add the cornstarch and toss the coated wings again. Make sure the cornstarch coating is even.
- You might spray olive oil on the air fryer basket before placing the coated chicken wings in it. However, it is not necessary.
- Spread the cornstarch coated wings in a single layer in the basket.
- Cook them for 10 minutes. Now flip over the wings with a skewer or shake the basket. Cook the wings for another 10 minutes until it turns brown.
- Carefully dip each chicken wing in the prepared Korean sauce.
Your Korean style crispy and spicy chicken wings are ready for serving.
You should use onion rings, leaves, and sesame seeds to garnish the wings before serving. It will be a great evening snack or side dish for your main meal.
Crispy Korean Fried Chicken Wings | Air Fryer Recipe | Quick & Easy
This east to follow recipe guideline for the air-fried Korean chicken wings is yummy. You don’t have to marinate the wings earlier. So, you can prepare the dish and serve it anytime. Thus, it should feel your appetite whenever you crave something different.