Korean-style chicken wings come with the perfect stickiness and sweet feel that melts perfectly on the tongue. Thus, from kids to grandpa, everyone cherishes these crispy chicken wings. Also, you are at liberty to choose your favorite Korean sauce for it.
You will have to prepare the chicken wings and the sauce separately. So, you will need two different ingredient charts for it.
Chicken wings ingredients:
The cooking steps are:
- At first, take a clean saucepan. Now mix soy sauce, hot honey, gochujang, lemon juice, brown sugar, and other ingredients in it. Cook it at medium heat until the mixture boils, then reduce the heat.
- Allow it to simmer for another 5-7 minutes. Finally, add the green onions and stir them gently for a few moments.
- Please turn on the air-fryer and preheat it at 400°F.
- Take a separate bowl and mix the garlic, onion, ginger powder with the salt here. Also, add black pepper and drop a few tiny pieces of lemon slices in it. Blend the mixture properly.
- Now, toss the chicken wings in the mixture properly. Add the cornstarch and toss the coated wings again. Make sure the cornstarch coating is even.
- You might spray olive oil on the air fryer basket before placing the coated chicken wings in it. However, it is not necessary.
- Spread the cornstarch-coated wings in a single layer in the basket.
- Cook them for 10 minutes. Now flip over the wings with a skewer or shake the basket. Cook the wings for another 10 minutes until it turns brown.
- Carefully dip each chicken wing in the prepared Korean sauce.
Your Korean-style crispy and spicy chicken wings are ready for serving.
You should use onion rings, leaves, and sesame seeds to garnish the wings before serving. It will be a great evening snack or side dish for your main meal.
Crispy Korean Fried Chicken Wings | Air Fryer Recipe | Quick & Easy
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use chicken thighs instead of wings?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead of wings, but you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as thighs take longer to cook than wings.
Can I make the sauce ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the sauce ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Just reheat it before tossing the wings in it.
Can I use a different hot sauce instead of gochujang?
You can use a different hot sauce, but it may alter the taste of the dish as gochujang has a unique flavor profile. Try to stick to Gochujang if possible.
Can I bake instead of air fry the chicken wings?
Yes, you can bake the chicken wings in the oven at 400°F for 25-30 minutes or until they are cooked through and crispy.
Can I use regular honey instead of hot honey?
Yes, you can use regular honey instead of hot honey, but it may not bring the same level of heat and flavor to the sauce. You can add some hot sauce or chili flakes to the sauce to make it spicier if you use regular honey.
This east to follow recipe guideline for the air-fried Korean chicken wings is yummy. You don’t have to marinate the wings earlier. So, you can prepare the dish and serve it anytime. Thus, it should feel your appetite whenever you crave something different.
Meet our air fryer recipe expert, Jenny J. Brown. Jenny is a culinary enthusiast with a passion for creating healthy, delicious meals using the latest kitchen appliances. As an experienced home cook and food blogger, Jenny has spent years experimenting with air fryer recipes and perfecting her techniques to create meals that are both nutritious and satisfying.