What if I told you that you could get perfectly-cooked Food with just a push of a button? What if this cooking technique did not require oil or grease? And what if it didn't heat your kitchen as an oven would? That is precisely what the Gourmia Air Fryer can do.
With its unique design, this air fryer takes the guesswork out of cooking and makes it simple enough for even those who aren't experts in the kitchen to enjoy cooking without all the grease.
Precautions Before using
1. Read the electric appliance's instructions.
Always take these precautions:
2.0-8-year-olds shouldn't use this appliance.
Children 8 years and older and those with decreased physical, sensory, or mental skills or lack of experience and knowledge can use this appliance if they are supervised or instructed on safe use and understand the hazards.
The device is off-limits to kids. Children under eight must be supervised when cleaning and maintaining. Keep the appliance and its cable away from children under 8.
3. Cooking appliances should be stable, with handles positioned to prevent hot liquid spills.
4. Before connecting an appliance, be sure its voltage matches the mains voltage.
Do not use a damaged appliance, plug, or cord.
5. Always plugin correctly.
Do not use a faulty device with a damaged wire or plug. The manufacturer, service agent, or similarly competent personnel must replace a damaged power cord to avoid a hazard.
6. Any child-friendly appliance requires close supervision. Children should not play with the appliance.
7. Do not let the cord hang over or touch hot surfaces.
8. To avoid electric shock, don't submerge cords, plugs, or equipment in the water. Likewise, wet hands shouldn't be used to plug in or operate appliances.
9. Connecting this device to an external timer or remote control could be dangerous.
10. Turn off the appliance, then unplug it.
11. Don't place the appliance on a tablecloth or drape. Hot surfaces may be reached.
12. Do not place near a hot gas, electric burner, or oven.
13. Not against a wall or other appliances. Leave 10 cm on the back, sides, and above the appliance. Put nothing on the appliance.
14. Use the equipment only as instructed. Unrecommended attachments might cause injury. 1
15. Don't leave the appliance running. Hot oil or liquids must be moved carefully.
16. Hot steam is released during air frying. Keep hands and face away from steam and air outlets. When removing the Basket, be mindful of hot steam and air.
17. Avoid touching the hot metal after use. Before cleaning, unplug when not in use. Cool the appliance first.
18. Unplug the device if it emits black smoke. When the smoke stops, remove the Basket.
Know Your Air Fryer
The Multi-Purpose Rack is an extra piece of cooking space or a raised cooking surface that you can choose to buy.
- The Crisper Tray goes in the Basket.
- PANEL FOR DISPLAY AND CONTROLS
Most of the time, the best results come from preheating the air fryer before adding Food. However, if you want to cook more than one batch at once, you should only preheat before the first batch.
- Tap PREHEAT before START to turn to preheat on or off. When preheating is turned on, the word PREHEAT appears in red on the Display.
- If you turn or toss the Food halfway through the cooking time, it will brown evenly and get crisp.
- To turn on or off Turn Reminder, tap TURN REMINDER before START. When Turn Reminder is turned on,
- the word "TURN" will appear in red on the Display.
- The air fryer is getting ready to go.
- The air fryer has been warmed up.
- A reminder to flip or throw Food.
- The time to cook is up.
Using Your Air Fryer
Before First Use
Take off all the stickers and labels that came with the air fryer and the tape that held the Pan to the unit. The first few times you use it, it might smell like "hot plastic." This is perfectly normal when a new air fryer heats up for the first time. After the first few times, it will go away.
To clean the Basket, remove the tape that holds it in place and pull it out. With one hand, hold the unit and, with the other, pull the handle straight back. Use hot water, dish soap, and a sponge that won't scratch to clean the Basket and Crisper Tray well. Use a damp cloth to clean the inside and outside of the air fryer.
- Put the air fryer on a stable, flat, heat-resistant surface that is level and doesn't move.
- Put the Crisper Tray in the Basket, then slide the whole thing into the air fryer.
- Connect the air fryer to a plug.
- To turn it on, tap the Power Icon.
- The time and temperature you set will be shown on the Display.
About Preheat section
With PREHEAT turned on (enable before tapping START.) The "Preheat" message will show up on the Display, and the air fryer will start to heat up. It will beep five times when it's ready and say "Add Food" on the screen (Add Food). Be careful. The Basket will be hot.
- Carefully take out the Basket, put Food in it, and put it back in the air fryer. The Food will start cooking on its own.
- Take the Basket out of the air fryer, put Food in it, and put it back in.
- Make sure Preheat is turned off, and then press START.
Tip: Spray cooking oil on Food to make it crispier.
Turning the Food
With TURN REMINDER Activated (enable before tapping START.) • Halfway through the cooking time, the air fryer will beep five times, and the Display will say "Turn Food" (turn Food).
• Carefully take out the Basket and put it on a surface that can handle the heat.
• Use the tongs to turn or toss the Food.
• Put the Basket back in the air fryer, and the cooking will start again.
Note: If you don't take out the Basket, cooking will start again.
Taking out the Food
- When the time you set for cooking is up, the air fryer will beep five times and show "End" on the screen (End).
- Carefully take out the Basket and put it on a surface that can handle the heat.
- Use the tongs to take Food out of the Basket.
- Be careful when taking out the Basket during or after cooking.
- Be careful when removing the Basket, as hot steam may come out!
- WARNING: The Food and the Basket will be hot! Don't touch anything hot.
- Don't use sharp or metal tools to keep the nonstick surface from scratching.
- Don't turn the Basket on its side because any oil built up on the bottom will leak onto the Food.
CHANGING THE TIME AND THE TEMPERATURE Cooking Tip
- On Gourmia Recipe Book, you can find the Air Fry Cooking Chart and the Dehydrate Chart. These charts show the best temperatures and times for cooking different foods.
- To change the temperature, tap TEMP / TIME.
- To change the temperature, tap the + and – icons.
- To change the time, tap TEMP/TIME again.
- Tap the + and – icons to add or take away time.
- Tip: Hold down the + and – icons to quickly change the temperature and time.
- STOP/CANCELLATION COOKING To stop cooking, tap STOP / CANCEL once.
- To keep cooking, tap START.
- If you take the Basket out of the air fryer while cooking, cooking will stop. When you put the Basket back in the air fryer, cooking will start again.
- To stop cooking, tap STOP/CANCEL twice.
The air fryer is not plugged in?
The main plug must be in a grounded wall socket.
To turn on the air fryer, tap the timer icon.
Is the air fryer basket isn't correctly placed?
Insert the Basket in the air fryer.
Raw ingredients? Is the Basket overflowing?
Reduce component quantities. Small amounts fry evenly.
Is the temperature Too low or high??
Set the temperature by tapping + and –.
Short cooking time??
Set cook time using + and – icons.
Uneven Air frying??
Halfway through cooking, shake some items.
Halfway through cooking, shake stacked ingredients (e.g., fries).
Air-fried Food isn't crunchy??
You used a deep-fried snack.
For crispier snacks, use oven snacks or lightly oil them.
The Basket won't fit in the air fryer. Overflowing??
Don't overfill the Basket.
Air fryer smokes white??
You're cooking fatty foods.
Oil leaks into the Basket when oily foods are in the air fryer. The oil may emit white smoke and overheat the Basket. This doesn't influence the air fryer or outcome.
Does the Basket have old grease??
Pan grease causes white smoke. Make sure you clean the Basket carefully after each use.
Are air-fried fries uneven??
Good potatoes cook evenly. Fry fresh potatoes till firm.
Rinse and dry potato sticks to eliminate starch.
Air-fried fries aren't crispy??
- Oil and water determine the crispiness of fries.
- Before adding oil, dry the potato sticks.
- Smaller potato sticks are crispier.
- More oil makes Food crispier.
How to cook in a gourmia air fryer step by step
Step-1: Assemble the air fryer (insert basket, turn it on)
To assemble the air fryer, insert the metal basket and secure it with its handle. Then plug your air fryer in and turn it on. To set the temperature of your fryer, press "Temperature" to cycle through your options: Low (350°F), Medium (375°F), High (400°F), or Extra-High (425°F). For best results with frozen foods like french fries or chicken nuggets, you'll want to choose Extra-High.
For your first use of an Air Fryer, we highly recommend using our recipe for Hot Wings since there's no need for oil! It is also one of our most popular recipes at Gourmia HQ — so we know you'll love it too!
Step-2: Preheat the air fryer to the desired temperature.
To preheat the air fryer, press the preheat button on the control panel. Set the temperature to your desired setting and press start. This will start heating your Gourmia Air Fryer ready for cooking!
Once it has reached your selected temperature, set a timer by pressing two minutes and pressing start again when ready to begin cooking.
Step-3: Set a timer
Setting a timer is one of the most important things you can do when using the Gourmia Air Fryer. An air fryer works by circulating hot air around Food, which means it's effortless to burn whatever you're cooking if you don't pay attention.
Additionally, this cooking method doesn't require much oil or grease-based lubricants, so there's no way for any excess fat to drip off your Food in the same way as with deep frying.
Step-4: Food to overcook if left unattended for too long
The best way to avoid this problem is by using a timer. If something takes less than 10 minutes (like french fries), set your timer for 5 minutes and then check back every 30 seconds until they're done—if they're not quite ready yet but seem close enough after 3 or 4 more checks, then keep going until they are; otherwise just pull them out right away and give them some more time once they've cooled down enough that eating won't be uncomfortable.
The same goes for larger dishes like chicken wings: set your timer for 20 minutes and check on them every 5-10 minutes until done--then pull them out immediately so as not to spoil their texture before serving.
Step-5: Open the drawer
Place food in the Basket (max. capacity).
Close the drawer by pushing down on it until it locks into place with a "click." If you hear a "thunk," it is not fully closed, so try again.
Turn your air fryer on by pressing its power button for 1 second and release it when you see an orange light at the top of your unit's front panel.
This means that your Gourmia's heating element has been activated, which will preheat both sides of your Basket for about 2–4 minutes, depending on what setting you chose in step 7 below (see: How To Use The Power Button).
Once this process has been completed, all lights should turn green; if not, please refer to our Troubleshooting section at the end of this guide for help.
Set a timer according to how long you want to cook each side (i.e., if one side needs cooking 10 minutes longer than another side because they are different sizes or thicknesses) using either digital buttons located right above where Food goes inside the machine OR through Siri command: "Hey Siri set timer 10 minutes."
Step-6: Cook the Food
Now that you know how the controls work, it's time to get cooking! Here are some general tips for getting started:
Set the timer for 5-10 minutes. This will allow your food time to heat up without burning it. If you're afraid of undercooking or burning your Food, don't skimp on this step. You can always remove it when it gets done and give it another minute or two in the air fryer if needed. Just remember that over-cooking will result in dry, rubbery Food—not delicious.
Use the temperature setting on both low and high (as well as any other available). When first learning how to use an air fryer, try different locations so you can get a feel for what they do and which ones work best with your specific recipe ingredients and preferences.
Step-7: Toss Food halfway through cooking to ensure consistent fry
When you're cooking with the Gourmia Air Fryer, it's important to toss Food in the Basket two or three times to ensure even cooking. This will also help reduce the risk of burning Food and ensure that all parts of your meal are crisp and delicious.
Step-8: Remove Food from the Basket and use tongs for safety
Once your Food is done, use a pair of tongs to remove it from the Basket. It's best to use tongs for safety reasons, as handling hot foods with your hands could result in burns or scalding injuries.
Do not put oil, frying fat, or any other liquid in the Basket. This appliance works by moving hot air around.
Nothing should be put on top of the air fryer.
Do not put the air fryer against a wall or other appliance. To ensure the air fryer can breathe, you should leave at least 10 cm (3.9 in) of space around the back and sides and 10 cm (3.9 in) above it.
Warranty & Service
From the date of purchase, this Limited Warranty is suitable for an entire year. It can only be used by the person who bought it and cannot be given to someone else. The seller is the only one who can decide whether to fix or replace broken parts.
The seller will replace the product or component if it can't be fixed. If repairing or replacing the product won't work, the seller can give back the product's cash value or the returned part.
Normal wear and tear, damage caused by misuse of instructions or specifications, or repairs done by people who are not authorized are not covered by the warranty. The company that made the product is not responsible for any damages that happened because of this. This offer is only sound in the United States.
How to use the Gourmia Air Fryer FAQS
1. How does an air fryer work?
An air fryer is a small appliance that sits on your counter and cooks Food with superheated air.
Hot air circulates the Food in an air fryer, cooking it from all sides. This way of cooking is like how convection ovens work, which you may already know.
2. How do I use my air fryer?
You can cook anything you would usually cook in your oven or on your stove. For example, you can cook chicken wings, french fries, onion rings, and even desserts in an air fryer.
3. What makes an air fryer different from a convection oven?
Food is cooked in an air fryer with superheated air. Food is cooked in a convection oven with hot air and a fan. The result is the same, but how they are cooked is different!
4. How big should it be for a family of four?
We are a two-person family. So I bought the six qt size so my family can eat with me. The large size is best for cooking steak or hamburgers because you can put in more than 2. I tried to use this in our camper, but it blew a fuse. So I bought a smaller one for traveling, and it works fine.
5. Can you cook two different things in the air fryer simultaneously?
Yes, you can eat two different things at once. There is a steel rack that you can put in the middle of the fryer. So you can put Food on the bottom of the frame and top of it. This can be done if the two foods need different amounts of time. Let's say that one takes 30 minutes and the other 40.
The air fryer has a feature that makes a beeping sound when the Food is half done, so you can turn it over. So flip both foods in 15 minutes and take one out in 30 minutes. Then give the second one an extra 5 minutes on each side. We like our air fryer a lot.
6. Can you look at the item and then put it back to finish?
Yes. Before you take the Basket out to check the Food, press the STOP button. Then put the Basket back and press the START button. It will start up again on its own.
7. Can a whole chicken be cooked?
Try to cut it into four parts.
8. What does the Basket have on it to make it not stick?
It doesn't say exactly what the answer is. Teflon is used to cover most air fryers.
9. What's the difference between this and the 686 models?
Compared to the 8qt, it's a smaller version.
10. Are there new crisper trays you can buy?
The Gourmia 6 qt digital air fryer comes with a crisping basket that is easy to remove, doesn't stick, and can be cleaned in the dishwasher. It also has a multi-purpose rack and a crisper tray.
The Gourmia Air Fryer is an easy-to-use appliance, which makes it an excellent choice for beginners. It also takes less time to cook than other methods of cooking and is incredibly easy to clean afterward. In addition, you can store your Gourmia Air Fryer in any cupboard in the kitchen without worrying that you'll have trouble finding it later on down the road since it doesn't take up much space. We hope this article helped you understand how to use your Gourmia Air Fryer. Click here to know if you can put foil in a gourmia air fryer.
Welcome to Cooking Hacks, a place for all the food lovers out there! I have always been passionate about cooking and finding new ways to make it easier and more enjoyable.