Vegan chicken nuggets win a special place among nugget lovers. The chicken with chickpeas can give you a different taste tour from the usual restaurant chicken nuggets. By following the recipe, you can make a mouthwatering dish for both your family and friends. So, make the effort today!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 -17 minutes
Total time: 33 minutes
Servings: 14 people
Cooking Difficulty: Easy
Nutrition Information: per serving
- Calories: 34kcal
- Protein: 2g
- Sodium: 82mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Vitamin A: 113IU
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Calcium: 14mg
- Potassium: 35mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Carbohydrates: 6g
Ingredients: 14 servings
For the chickpea nuggets:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- one small onion
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper
- one teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- One tablespoon nutritional yeast
- two cups of chickpeas
- one small onion
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup cornflakes
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Set 350 °F temperature of the oven.
- Combine panko bread crumbs and cornflakes and cook for two minutes.
- Fry onion for three minutes.
- Grind the oats in a food processor or blender.. Add garlic powder, mustard, chickpeas, salt, onion in the oats mixture.
- Make nuggets from the chickpea mixture by pressing with hands.
- Cover with almond milk and coat with panko bread crumbs and cornflakes.
- Place parchment paper on the frying basket and bake the nuggets on it for fifteen minutes.
- When the nuggets become golden brown, plate them warm.
- If you do not like yeast, you can skip this step.
- Vegan chicken nuggets should have a crispy texture on the outside. And the inside layer of the nuggets should be soft.
- Never blend all ingredients. Try to keep the chickpeas intact.
Dos and Don’ts
If you do not like gluten-free breadcrumbs, use the regular panko breadcrumbs.
How to Make Crispy Vegan "Chicken Nuggets"
Nuggets are loveable because of their size, shape, and texture. The small size nuggets can be easy to consume and digest. Also, the tenderness of chicken along with smooth chickpeas can give you a rollercoaster taste ride.
But to get yourself prepared for making the chicken nuggets, you should follow the mentioned recipe step by step. So that the restaurant like, no, better than restaurant chicken nuggets will be in your chicken. And these nuggets are made by you!