Nowadays, everyone wants to eat healthy foods and avoid processed foods as much as possible. That's where air frying comes in. It allows you to cook more nutritious meals without compromising taste or texture. This article will show you how to cook chicken schnitzels using an air fryer.
These delicious recipes are perfect for those who don't want to spend too much time cooking their meals.
Air Fryer Chicken Schnitzel
Chicken Schnitzel is a delicious dish you can easily make using an air fryer. Here are some of the best recipes you can follow:
Recipe-1: keto chicken schnitzel
- Chicken breast
- Pork rinds,
- Garlic powder,
- Ground paprika,
- Parmesan cheese,
- Add pork rinds, garlic powder, ground paprika, parmesan cheese, Marjoram, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast in the pork rind mixture until well coated.
- Place the chicken breasts in the air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Thin chicken cutlets (skinless and boneless)
- Large eggs
- Dijon mustard
- Pork panko*
- Garlic powder
- Dried parsley
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges for serving
- First, place chicken thighs between 2 sheets of parchment paper and flatten them with a mallet.
- Next, combine bread crumbs, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Place flour in a separate bowl and beat an egg in a third shallow bowl. Dip chicken thighs first in flour, then in beaten egg, and finally coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Preheat the fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place breaded thighs into the air fryer basket and ensure they are not touching; work in batches if necessary.
- Chicken schnitzel can be made in an air fryer by coating the chicken in flour, egg washes, and bread crumbs.
- Cook the chicken for 6 minutes, flip it and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mist the chicken with avocado oil before cooking it.
- To make the batter: whisk together flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika on a large plate.
- In a bowl or pie plate, beat eggs with one tablespoon of water.
- Coat chicken is bread crumbs.
- Place chicken in an air fryer basket and spray with oil.
- Cook chicken until tops are browned and crispy, about 7-8 minutes
- Flip chicken and cook until sides are browned and crisp, about another 7 minutes
- -4 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- -1 cup flour
- -2 eggs (beaten)
- -1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- -1 teaspoon paprika
- -1/4 teaspoon salt
- -1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pound the chicken breasts til they are about 1/4 inch thick. Then, set up a breading station by placing the flour in one shallow bowl, the beaten eggs, and the bread crumbs mixed with paprika, salt, and pepper in a third shallow bowl.
- Next, dredge each chicken breast in the flour mixture until coated, then dip it into the egg mixture.
- Once your chicken breasts are coated, place them on a wire rack or plate and let them sit for about 10-15 minutes so the breading can set.
- Preheat your fryer to 400 degrees F. Then, spray the basket of your fryer with cooking spray and place the chicken breasts in the basket. Cook for 10 minutes, flipping the chicken breasts halfway through cooking.
Serve immediately with potatoes or a salad, and enjoy.
- Four chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Two eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a large resealable bag. Add flour, eggs, bread crumbs, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper; seal the bag and shake until chicken is coated.
- Spray the fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in the basket and cook for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- And cook through, flipping once during cooking.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Four boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Two tablespoons paprika
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- One teaspoon of onion powder
- One teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Two large eggs, beaten to blend
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs or matzo meal (for gluten-free)
- Three tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil divided.
Preheat your fryer to 400 degrees F. Add the chicken breasts to a large bowl. Whisk together the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour all the mixture over the chicken and toss to coat.
Whisk together the eggs and panko bread crumbs or matzo meal in another bowl. Dip the chicken pieces in the egg mixture and coat them with the breadcrumb mixture.
Drizzle one tablespoon of oil over the coated chicken pieces and toss to paint again. Place your air fryer basket in a single layer (you may need to do this in batches). Cook for 12-15 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through.
Drizzle the remaining two tablespoons of oil over the chicken and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until golden brown and cooked. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- One boneless and skinless chicken breast
- Two eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. Milk or water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. Oil for the breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- Kosher salt
- and black pepper to taste
- Non-stick spray
- Country gravy Lemon wedges for garnish
- Set up three bowls for the flour, egg/milk or water, and breadcrumbs.
- To taste, add salt, pepper, and paprika to the flour and mix.
- Add the 2 tbsps—milk or water to the egg and whisk.
- Add the dried parsley, salt and pepper, and 1 tbsp—oil to the breadcrumbs and mix.
- Cover the chicken with plastic wrap, and using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound it thin to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Lightly dredge it in the seasoned flour, into the egg mixture, and finally into the breadcrumbs, pressing them into the cutlet.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 25-30 minutes before air frying.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 for 3 minutes, then spray the basket crisper plate with the non-stick spray.
- Place the breaded chicken in the basket, spray the top lightly with cooking spray, and cook at 375 for 5-7 minutes, flipping at the halfway point.
- The schnitzel is ready when the crust is golden brown and crispy, and the internal temp of the cutlet is 165 degrees.
- While the chicken is cooking, start making the gravy.
- When the schnitzel is done, cover it with the gravy, garnish with lemon wedges and serve with your sides.
Recipe-7: Without air fryer
- 2 lbs (900g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup (125g) Flour for dredging
- 2-2½ cups (200-250g) Breadcrumbs, panko, or regular
- 3-4 Eggs
- One teaspoon of Dijon mustard,
- optional salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- One teaspoon of paprika
- Oil for frying
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Cut the chicken breast into pieces. Place each part of the chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap. Use a rolling pin to pound the breasts until they are about ¼ inch thick.
- Season the chicken breasts with some salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Set up three wide bowls/plates in the first bowl, and place flour. In the second, beat eggs with mustard: mix breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and paprika in the third bowl.
- Start by coating the chicken in that flour mixture, shaking off any excess, dip it in that egg mixture, and cover it with breadcrumbs.
- In a large skillet or pan, heat the oil. When the oil is hot enough, place a schnitzel into the skillet and fry until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer it to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with fresh salad, and enjoy.
What are some typical side dishes to serve with Chicken Schnitzel?
Sautéed vegetables make a great side dish for chicken schnitzel. You can use any vegetable you like, but some of the most popular choices include mushrooms, zucchini , and onions. Or you can try adding roasted red peppers or tomatoes.
A simple green salad is always a good side dish for chicken schnitzel. You can add any dressing you like, but a vinaigrette or balsamic vinegar are excellent options. Also, add crumbled blue cheese or chopped nuts to your salad for extra flavor.
- To ensure juicy and crispy chicken schnitzels, soak them in egg and panko breadcrumbs for a while before cooking. This will help retain their juiciness and get a crisp outer crust.
- Make sure your meat slices will be the same thickness and avoid thick cuts. This will help ensure that your chicken schnitzels cook evenly and look and taste great.
- Breadcrumbs can be replaced with something else, such as almond flour, shredded coconut, or gluten-free breadcrumbs work surprisingly well.
- Stacking the schnitzels in the air fryer can cause them to not crisp as nicely.
- You can use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked correctly. The internal temperature should be at least 75°C (170°F).
1. Can you mix panko and breadcrumbs?
Yes. You can combine both ingredients for great results.
2. How do you fry a schnitzel without burning it?
The key to frying a schnitzel is simmering it over medium heat for about 10 minutes per side until cooked through. If the schnitzel starts to burn, turn down the heat.
3. Is it better to cook schnitzel in oil or butter?
Cooking schnitzel in butter is best because it gives the meat more flavor.
4. Is olive oil good for frying schnitzel?
Yes, it is. Olive oil is excellent for frying schnitzels because it gives them a crispy texture without adding too much fat.
5. Do you have to flip meat in the air fryer?
You don't need to flip meat in an Air Fryer. It will cook evenly if you place the item in the basket and close the lid.
6. What type of oil should you use when shallow frying a chicken schnitzel?
You should use canola oil for shallow frying.
7. Is it OK to put water in the Air fryer to clean it?
Yes, it's OK to add water to an air fryer to clean the inside.
8. Is an air fryer healthier than an oven?
Air fryers are much healthier than ovens. They are less unhealthy because they use convection technology, which makes them cook faster than ovens. Also, air fryers do not heat the kitchen as ovens do.
9. What uses more electricity, the oven or the air fryer?
Ovens use about twice as much energy as an air fryer.
10. Can you toast bread in the air fryer?
Yes. You can toast bread in the Air Fryer. It works great for cooking French Toast too.
These air fryer chicken schnitzel recipes are easy and delicious, and the chicken always comes out perfectly crisp. Plus, it doesn't require frying or baking, making it a perfect option for busy cooks.
So, if you're looking for some delicious and healthy chicken schnitzel recipes, give these a try today and see for yourself. We hope our article seems helpful to you. Also we have listed some air fryer accessories to make your life easier which might be helpful for you click here to visit.
Welcome to Cooking Hacks, a place for all the food lovers out there! I have always been passionate about cooking and finding new ways to make it easier and more enjoyable.