Fish protein is a healthy source of essential vitamins and minerals. It has been known to help aid brain development, provide energy, and even lower one’s risk of cardiovascular disease. Salmon patties are an easy way to add these health benefits to your diet.
An air fryer is an excellent tool for cooking seafood dishes quickly, without the unhealthy added fats that traditional deep-frying requires. Here’s how you can make the perfect salmon patty in an air fryer – in no time at all.
Table of Contents
Making Air fried Salmon Patties
- 12 oz canned salmon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
These ingredients are all you need to make delicious and healthy air fryer salmon patties. The canned salmon is a great source of protein, while the eggs, mayonnaise, and breadcrumbs help to bind the patties together. The lemon zest and dried dill add a delicious flavor to the patties.
1. Drain and mash the canned salmon before removing skin and bones if desired.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until well-mixed.
3 . Form the mixture into patties.
4. Place the patties in an air fryer basket and cook at 400°F for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
5. Serve with your favorite sides and condiments.
When making air fryer salmon patties, it is important to make sure the patties are not too thick or they will not cook evenly. If you find that your patties are too thick, try flattening them slightly before cooking. Additionally, if you want to add more flavor to your patties, feel free to add additional spices such as garlic powder, onion powder, or paprika.
Nutrition (per serving)
Each serving of air fryer salmon patties contains approximately 200 calories, 10g of fat, 15g of protein, and 8g of carbohydrates.
Additionally, these patties are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids which can help to reduce inflammation and improve heart health. They are also a good source of vitamins A and D as well as calcium and iron.
1. Make sure to drain and mash the canned salmon before forming the patties, as this will help them hold together better.
2. If your patties are too thick, try flattening them slightly before cooking in the air fryer.
3. To add more flavor to your patties, feel free to add additional spices such as garlic powder, onion powder, or paprika.
4. Serve the patties with a variety of sides such as a spring salad or vegetable orzo salad for a healthier option.
5. To top off your meal you can add condiments such as cashew mayo, creamy jalapeño dip, or chipotle dip for added flavor.
6. Store any leftover patties in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
7. Reheat the patties in the air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes or until heated through.
8. If you want to make a larger batch of patties, double or triple the ingredients as needed.
How do I store leftover Salmon Cakes?
Leftover salmon patties can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3 days. To reheat the patties, place them in the air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes or until heated through.
If you want to make a larger batch of patties, double or triple the ingredients as needed. Additionally, it is important to make sure the patties are not too thick or they will not cook evenly.
In conclusion, air fryer salmon patties are a great way to enjoy a delicious and healthy meal. Not only are they packed with protein, vitamins, and minerals, but they are also incredibly easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients and the air fryer, you can have delicious salmon patties ready in no time.
Additionally, air frying is a healthier alternative to deep -frying as it uses less oil and still produces a crispy exterior. Finally, these patties are incredibly versatile and can be served with a variety of sides and condiments for added flavor.
Meet our air fryer recipe expert, Jenny J. Brown. Jenny is a culinary enthusiast with a passion for creating healthy, delicious meals using the latest kitchen appliances. As an experienced home cook and food blogger, Jenny has spent years experimenting with air fryer recipes and perfecting her techniques to create meals that are both nutritious and satisfying.