The air fryer has become a staple in our household. It helps me save time, energy, and, most importantly, fat. This type of cooking method cooks food evenly without oil or grease. For example, I love cooking my zucchinis because they take less time than regular oven baking.
Cooking zucchini slices in an air fryer is easier than you might think. It takes only 15 minutes or less to prepare delicious crispy zucchini slices. Follow our step-by-step instructions below to get started.
Recipe-1 (Crispy Parmesan Zucchini Slices)
Ingredients For Crispy Parmesan Zucchini Slices:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F/200C
- Toss zucchini with olive oil, seasonings, and Parmesan. Use an OXO® brand vegetable brush to coat zucchini slices with oil and herbs evenly.
- Place zucchini slices directly on a Baking Sheet (12-in) in a single row. If the zucchini is too big, you might need to slice them up into smaller pieces. Let them be alone for now.
- Air fry mode 400F/200C for 5 minutes, then flip each slice and air fry for 3 minutes
- Sprinkle over Parmesan cheese and send zucchini back to the air fryer for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and zucchini slices are caramelized with beautiful brownish spots.
Recipe-2 (Tangy Seasoned Zucchini Chips)
Ingredients For Tangy Seasoned Zucchini Chips:
- Slit the zucchini lengthwise using a mandoline slicer (or chef knife) so that each piece has one flat side.
- Add the zucchini to a large basin. Toss the mixture after adding the vinegar.
- Nonstick cooking spray should be used in the air fryer’s basket.
- Fill the air fryer basket with zucchini chips in a single layer.
- Air frying at 370°F (180°C) for 5-6 min per side, flip them over, and fry for another 5-6 min until they’re crispy enough. Check the chips often and remove them early if they begin to brown too quickly.
- Once done frying, sprinkle with seasoned salt and garlic powder.
Recipe-3 (Crispy Breaded Zucchini Rounds)
Ingredients For Crispy Breaded Zucchini Rounds:
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F.
- Use a clean kitchen towel to pat dry the zucchini and set aside.
- Combine the eggs, almond flour, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, sea salts, and black pepper in a large mixing cup.
- Dip the zucchini slices into the egg mixture and the bread crumbs. As you go, place them on a plate and then drizzle them with olive or vegetable oils. Next, put them in the oven and bake for 11 to 13 minutes until they are crispy and golden brown.
- As you work, place them on a plate and drizzle them with olive oil. Then place them in an oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) for 10 to 12 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve them immediately (they’ll get crispier as they stand). If you want to serve them with marinara sauce, go ahead.
Tips for cooking zucchini
- The best way to slice zucchini is with a mandolin slicer, vegetable peeler, and sharp knife.
- If you want better results, use a sharp knife to cut the zucchini into slices or julienne long ribbons.
- If you want to make noodles from it, use the spiralizer machine to make noodles out of the zucchini.
- Using cornstarch is a great way to make your zucchini slices crispy and delicious.
- The salt will help draw out moisture from them, making them extra crispy when cooked.
- Pour seasoned Zucchini Slices into an Air Fryer basket lined with parchment paper/foil liner sheets stacked together for easy cleanup, or use nonstick-stick parchment paper sheets alone – no need for foil if using these sheets since they come off so quickly.
Studies have shown that cinnamon can lower fasting blood sugars by 10-29% in diabetic patients, which is a significant amount (9Trusted Source10Trusted
For those with high cholesterol, garlic supplementation appears to reduce total and/or LDL cholesterol by about 10-15%
Air frying cuts up to 80% of the fat of traditional frying, making it a much healthier alternative.
How to make the Best Zucchini Slices with Air Fryer [FAQs]
1. Are Air Fryer zucchini chips healthy?
Zucchini chips are delicious, but they are high in calories and fat. They also contain a lot of sugar, which makes them unhealthy for people with diabetes.
However, air fryers are great at cooking vegetables because they use little oil and heat up quickly. For this reason, I recommend using a food dehydrator instead of an oven when making zucchini chips.
2. Why is my air fryer zucchini mushy?
They’ll turn mush if you’re using too much oil when frying zucchini. The best thing to do is to drain them on paper towels after cooking.
3. How do you cook Birds Eye zucchini fries in an air fryer?
To cook zucchini fries in a regular oven, preheat the oven to 350°F for 20 minutes, then place the zucchini slices into a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake them for 10 minutes, flip them and bake again for another 10 minutes until they turn golden brown.
4. How do you dehydrate zucchini?
Dehydrating vegetables at home is easy. Cut them into small pieces, place them in a baking dish, add water, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for about 1 hour at 200 degrees Fahrenheit. If you want to speed up the process, you can use a food dehydrator.
5. How do you make zucchini chips?
First, peel and slice the zucchini into thin strips. Then, mix them with salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, basil, parsley, cayenne pepper, paprika, chili flakes, and lemon juice. Finally, bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until crispy.
6. What’s the healthiest way to eat zucchini?
Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables. I love how easy they are to prepare and how versatile they are. They’re great for salads, stir fry, soups, bread, pasta dishes, and much more. The best part about zucchini is that it doesn’t require cooking preparation. Just chop them up and add them to whatever you want.
7. Should I salt zucchini before cooking?
Zucchini should be salted before cooking for maximum flavor. Cut each zucchini into eight wedges, then sprinkle them with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Then rinse them thoroughly under cold water, drain well, pat dry, and toss them in oil and spices.
Vegan meals don’t have to be complicated. This Air Fryer Zucchini recipe is easy, healthy, and delicious. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and egg-free. All you need is zucchini, olive oil spray, and one seasoning blend. No chopping or mixing is required. We hope you enjoyed the best way to make zucchini slices in an air fryer. And now, try it. You can also try our crispy broccoli recipe click here.
Welcome to Cooking Hacks, a place for all the food lovers out there! I have always been passionate about cooking and finding new ways to make it easier and more enjoyable.