How much time does it take to make these tasty sausages? Conecuh sausage recipes are delicious and versatile. They go well with salads or pasta dishes and freeze very well. This recipe gives you my favorite way to prepare it at home.
This recipe calls for fresh herbs, but dried herbs can be substituted if you don’t have them. If you want to add some extra flavor, try adding garlic powder, onion powder, or Italian seasoning.
What Is Conecuh Sausage Recipe?
The name “Conecuh sausage” comes from Alabama, where they were first developed. They are made from pork meat and spices and then smoked for flavor. There are two types of Conecuh sausages – one is sweet and the other spicy.
Conecuh sausage was initially developed for use at the University of Alabama’s football games. The name comes from the city of Conecuh, Alabama, where the company was founded in 1885.
How to Make Conecuh Sausage?
The first step is to choose a slice of meat for making sausage. Pork is the best choice because it has a lot of flavors. Next, season the pork meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, sage, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and other spices.
Next, mix all ingredients until they become well combined. Then add some water and remix them. Finally, put the mixture into casings and cook it at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes. To know more variations, read the article.
Equipment You’ll Need
This recipe requires,
A meat grinder, sausage stuffer, mixer, large stockpot, thermometer, digital scale, vacuum sealer, plastic wrap, freezer bags, ice pack, dry ice, airtight container, and a food processor.
Make sure you keep all ingredients at room temperature.
Recipe 1 (In Crockpot)
- One Pound of Conecuh Sausage
- You Get 1 Bottle of Honey Barbecue Sauce
- Grape Jelly, Half a Bottle
- Add two tablespoons of mustard.
- Conecuh Sausage should be sliced into 1-inch pieces.
- Sausage can be cooked in a skillet over medium heat with a splash of oil.
- Sausage links should be browned well by cooking them in a skillet with frequent flipping.
- Take out and let the excess liquid soak up on some paper towels.
- Put the crockpot on high and stir in the barbecue sauce, jelly, and mustard.
- When the sauce is ready, toss in the sausages and serve immediately.
Recipe 2 (On Stovetop)
- Half a pound of smoked sausages, such as Conecuh or andouille.
- Dry Macaroni and Noodles: 1 lb.
- 8oz (2 cups) Shredded Cheddar
- 1/2C Grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4C Cheese from Italy known as Parmesan (Can cheese!
- A Measure of Butter, One Tablespoon (if needed)
- (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1/2t Salt
- two cups of milk, two tablespoons of water, and a pinch of
- Start boiling lots of salted water in a large pot. Put macaroni noodles in boiling water, cook until al dente, then drain.
- In a big pot, boil the sliced Conecuh.
- When you’re done cooking Conecuh, save the grease (up to 1/4 cup). When you get down to that amount, that’s when you want to add the butter.
- While the sausage is still hot, immediately whisk together the flour and fat in the same pot. Do not allow the mixture to brown.
- Milk should be added, stirring the mixture until it thickens.
- To the sauce, whisk in the cheeses and keep stirring until the sauce is completely smooth.
- Conecuh and the noodles should be put into the boiling water.
- Repeat this step as necessary to ensure that all the noodles are covered in a cheese sauce and that the sausages are uniformly distributed throughout the dish.
|% Daily Value
Recipe 3 (Air fried)
- 1 pound of sliced Conecuh
- 1/4 pound of almond flour
- One-third to one-half cup of hot sauce
- A pinch of salt
- A half teaspoon of garlic powder
- One-fourth of a teaspoon of ground black pepper
- One-fourth of a teaspoon of onion powder
- One-Fourth Teaspoon of Chili Powder
- One egg
- Put everything into a big dish and stir it up.
- Form into balls and place in a greased air fryer basket with oil.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the food is golden brown.
- To make the optional Greek yogurt sauce, combine all the ingredients and whisk.
What Should I Serve With the Recipe?
Why is this My Favourite Recipe?
Conecuh sausage is my favorite recipe because they taste great and are easy to prepare. They also look adorable when served at parties. The best part about them is that you don’t need fancy ingredients like fresh herbs, garlic, onion, etc.
All you need is some ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg yolk, milk powder, salt, and pepper. I usually add some hot sauce too.
Things You Should Avoid
When cooking Conecuh sausages, you must avoid adding too much onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, sage, bay leaves, black peppercorns, and nutmeg.
These ingredients can mask the flavor of the meatball, making them bland. Instead, use only half the butter and add some olive oil. This will prevent the sausages from sticking together, which would be difficult to break apart once cooked.
How to Store?
Conecuh sausages should be stored in a container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. If refrigerated for over two weeks, thaw them at room temperature and refreeze them. They are delicious served cold or warmed slightly in a pan on medium heat.
How Long Does it Take to Cook?
Cooking Conecuh sausages takes about 30 minutes to prepare and tastes great. The key to cooking them is using a slow cooker. If you don’t want to use a slow cooker, you should preheat your oven to 350°F for 20 minutes. Then place your meatballs inside the range for 10 to 15 minutes.
What Makes This Recipe So Great?
These Recipes are great for those who love spicy food. The main ingredients include fresh Conecuh slices, cooked rice or pasta, cheese sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and crushed red peppers. This recipe has less fat than other recipes and is easy to prepare.
Why did I choose this recipe?
Conecuh sausage Recipe is delicious and healthy. This recipe has all the essential ingredients for a great meal – protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and fat. All these nutrients help keep you full longer and boost your energy levels. Also, with fewer calories and fat, you’ll feel fuller faster.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Why are my sausages tough?
This is because the meat has less moisture than beef, making cooking more challenging.
2. How do you thicken turkey meatballs?
You can use breadcrumbs instead of flour for thickening.
3. Why are my sausages falling apart?
Your sausages are falling apart because they’re too dry. To fix this problem is to add more breadcrumbs and eggs.
4. How do you get sausages to stick together?
You can use breadcrumbs, egg yolks, and milk to make them more sticky.
5. How do you keep sausages moist after cooking?
You can store them in an airtight container for up to three days.
Cooking Conecuh sausage is a versatile and enjoyable experience that can be done quickly and easily. Whether you prefer to prepare them in a crockpot, on the stovetop, or using an air fryer, various recipes are available to suit your taste. Conecuh sausages from Alabama offer a delightful combination of flavors and can be paired with salads, pasta dishes, or appetizers.
The key to a delicious outcome lies in choosing high-quality ingredients, including fresh herbs and spices, and following the cooking instructions closely. With its rich history and mouthwatering taste, Conecuh sausage will surely become a favorite for any occasion. So, don’t hesitate to try these easy and quick recipes and savor the delightful flavors of Conecuh sausage.
Meet our air fryer recipe expert, Jenny J. Brown. Jenny is a culinary enthusiast with a passion for creating healthy, delicious meals using the latest kitchen appliances. As an experienced home cook and food blogger, Jenny has spent years experimenting with air fryer recipes and perfecting her techniques to create meals that are both nutritious and satisfying.