How much time does it take to make these tasty sausages? Conecuh sausage recipes are delicious and versatile. They go well with salads or pasta dishes and freeze very well. This recipe gives you my favorite way to prepare it at home.
This recipe calls for fresh herbs, but dried herbs can be substituted if you don't have them. If you want to add some extra flavor, try adding garlic powder, onion powder, or Italian seasoning.
What Is Conecuh Sausage?
The name "Conecuh sausage" comes from Alabama, where they were first developed. They are made from pork meat and spices and then smoked for flavor. There are two types of Conecuh sausages - one is sweet and the other spicy.
Conecuh sausage was initially developed for use at the University of Alabama's football games. The name comes from the city of Conecuh, Alabama, where the company was founded in 1885.
How to make Conecuh Sausage?
The first step is to choose a slice of meat for making sausage. Pork is the best choice because it has a lot of flavors. Next, season the pork meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, sage, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and other spices.
Next, mix all ingredients until they become well combined. Then add some water and remix them. Finally, put the mixture into casings and cook it at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes. To know more variations, read the article.
Tools/Equipment You'll Need
This recipe requires,
A meat grinder, sausage stuffer, mixer, large stockpot, thermometer, digital scale, vacuum sealer, plastic wrap, freezer bags, ice pack, dry ice, airtight container, and a food processor.
Make sure you keep all ingredients at room temperature.
Recipe 1 (In Crockpot)
Prep time: 20 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Serving: 6 people
Cooking Difficulty: Easy
Calories: 64 calories
- One Pound of Conecuh Sausage
- You Get 1 Bottle of Honey Barbecue Sauce
- Grape Jelly, Half a Bottle
- Add two tablespoons of mustard.
- Conecuh Sausage should be sliced into 1-inch pieces.
- Sausage can be cooked in a skillet over medium heat with a splash of oil.
- Sausage links should be browned well by cooking them in a skillet with frequent flipping.
- Take out and let the excess liquid soak up on some paper towels.
- Put the crockpot on high and stir in the barbecue sauce, jelly, and mustard.
- When the sauce is ready, toss in the sausages and serve immediately.
Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 356mg | Potassium: 106mg | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.5mg
Recipe 2 (On Stovetop)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Serving: 20 meatballs
Cooking Difficulty: Easy
Calories: 52 calories
- Half a pound of smoked sausages, such as Conecuh or andouille.
- Dry Macaroni and Noodles: 1 lb.
- 8oz (2 cups) Shredded Cheddar
- 1/2C Grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4C Cheese from Italy known as Parmesan (Can cheese!
- A Measure of Butter, One Tablespoon (if needed)
- (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1/2t Salt
- two cups of milk, two tablespoons of water, and a pinch of
- Start boiling lots of salted water in a large pot. Put macaroni noodles in boiling water, cook until al dente, then drain.
- In a big pot, boil the sliced Conecuh.
- When you're done cooking Conecuh, save the grease (up to 1/4 cup). When you get down to that amount, that's when you want to add the butter.
- While the sausage is still hot, immediately whisk together the flour and fat in the same pot. Do not allow the mixture to brown.
- Milk should be added, stirring the mixture until it thickens.
- To the sauce, whisk in the cheeses and keep stirring until the sauce is completely smooth.
- Conecuh and the noodles should be put into the boiling water.
- Repeat this step as necessary to ensure that all the noodles are covered in a cheese sauce and that the sausages are uniformly distributed throughout the dish.
Calories 52Calories from Fat 18
Vitamin A 705IU14%
Vitamin C 0.7mg1%
Recipe 3 (Air fried)
Prep time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Serving: 2 people
Cooking Difficulty: Easy
Calories: 52 calories
- 1 pound of sliced Conecuh
- 1/4 pound of almond flour
- One-third to one-half cup of hot sauce
- A pinch of salt
- A half teaspoon of garlic powder
- one-fourth of a teaspoon of ground black pepper
- One-fourth of a teaspoon of onion powder
- One-Fourth Teaspoon of Chili Powder
- One egg
- Put everything into a big dish and stir it up.
- Form into balls and place in a greased air fryer basket with oil.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the food is golden brown.
- To make the optional Greek yogurt sauce, combine all the ingredients and whisk.
serving: 1, Calories: 43kcal, carbohydrates: 0.5g, Protein: 4.4g, fat: 2.7g, fiber: 0.3g, sugar: 0.1g, vitamin a: 15iu, calcium: 6mg, iron: 0.4mg
What should I serve with the recipe?
The best dish for serving Conecuh sausage is a spicy chicken salad served coldly with celery, carrots, peppers, olives, and mayonnaise. Another option is a sandwich made out of whole wheat bread.
Why is this My Favourite recipe?
Conecuh sausage is my favorite recipe because they taste great and are easy to prepare. They also look adorable when served at parties. The best part about them is that you don't need fancy ingredients like fresh herbs, garlic, onion, etc.
All you need is some ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg yolk, milk powder, salt, and pepper. I usually add some hot sauce too.
Things you should avoid
When cooking Conecuh sausages, you must avoid adding too much onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, sage, bay leaves, black peppercorns, and nutmeg.
These ingredients can mask the flavor of the meatball, making them bland. Instead, use only half the butter and add some olive oil. This will prevent the sausages from sticking together, which would be difficult to break apart once cooked.
How to Store?
Conecuh sausages should be stored in a container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. If refrigerated for longer than two weeks, thaw them at room temperature and refreeze them. They are deliciously served cold or warmed slightly in a pan on medium heat.
Some Extra Tips:
- Use ground turkey that has been partially rendered for the most significant results. 99% lean turkey in this recipe yields a little drier sausage but is lower in fat and much lighter. To make these meatballs juicier, use ground turkey with a fat content of 94%.
- If you choose a ground turkey that is 94% lean, you can remove the patties from the oven without worrying about the additional fat that will melt away; wipe away the liquid.
- Initially, I added a third of a cup of hot sauce. Then, inadvertently, my spouse added 1/2 cup of hot sauce, but the result was delicious.
- Tweak it by serving it with condiments for dunking.
How long does it take to cook?
Cooking Conecuh sausages takes about 30 minutes to prepare and tastes great. The key to cooking them is using a slow cooker. If you don't want to use a slow cooker, you should preheat your oven to 350°F for 20 minutes. Then place your meatballs inside the range for 10 to 15 minutes.
What Makes This Recipe So Great?
These Recipes are great for those who love spicy food. The main ingredients include fresh Conecuh slices, cooked rice or pasta, cheese sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and crushed red peppers. This recipe has less fat than other recipes and is easy to prepare.
Why did I choose this recipe?
Conecuh sausage Recipe is delicious and healthy. This recipe has all the essential ingredients for a great meal - protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and fat. All these nutrients help keep you full longer and boost your energy levels. Also, with fewer calories and fat, you'll feel fuller faster.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Why are my sausages tough?
This is because the meat has less moisture than beef, making it more challenging to cook.
2. How do you thicken turkey meatballs?
You can use breadcrumbs instead of flour for thickening.
3. Why are my sausages falling apart?
Your sausages are falling apart because they're too dry. To fix this problem is to add more breadcrumbs and eggs.
4. How do you get sausages to stick together?
You can use breadcrumbs, egg yolks, and milk to make them more sticky.
5. How do you keep sausages moist after cooking?
You can store them in an airtight container for up to three days.
These sausages are delicious, easy, and spicy in flavor. You can make a big batch of these and serve them to your friends and family for your next party or freeze them for a quick and easy dinner down the road. We hope our article seems helpful to
- How to Make Air Fryer Fruit Recipes: Delicious and Healthy Recipes for Your Air Fryer - January 24, 2023
- How to make air fryer Dungeness crab using Ninja Cooking System - January 16, 2023
- What Does Baking Sheet Look Like? - January 11, 2023