Most of the time it becomes tough to make something special for dinner when you are busy. In such a condition, you need an easy and flavorful recipe with different ingredients. Down below, we are going to share this incredible recipe with you. So, check out the whole article to get the recipe.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Cooking difficulty: easy
Serving: 4 persons
- Fat: 21g
- Calories: 430
- Cholesterol: 164mg
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Potassium: 858mg
- Sodium: 889mg
- Protein: 55g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Vitamin C: 2.7mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Vitamin A: 360IU
- Calcium: 238mg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 marinara sauce
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons basil pesto
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Step by Step instructions
- First of all, preheat the oven to 375 degrees before starting the preparation.
- Take an oven-proof plate the size of 9 inches by 13 inches. Then use ⅔ marinara sauce to pour on the plate's bottom. Keep the plate aside.
- Take any skillet or a cast iron grill pan to preheat it over medium heat and add olive oil to it.
- Now it's time to season the chicken breasts with pepper, salt, and dried oregano on each side.
- Check the pan whether it is ready and then sear the chicken aside for at least 3 minutes.
- Then you need to flip the chicken to sear another side for an additional 3 minutes.
- Now flip the chicken to cook for more than 2 minutes after reducing the heat to medium-low.
- Then you need to place the chicken in the prepared oven-proof plate.
- Take each chicken breast and sprinkle one teaspoon nut-free basil.
- Now you will need to spread them on the whole chicken breasts.
- Then add 2 tablespoon marinara sauce on the top of the chicken breasts by covering the whole area.
- Use some cheese to sprinkle on the top.
- Keep the plate in the oven to bake for 15-25 minutes to let the cheese melt.
- When you get the marinara flavor, remove it from the oven.
- If you want to cook faster, use chicken breasts that are fresh and sliced each in half by the length.
- You can add onion powder or garlic powder to get more flavor.
- If you do not want to make the marinara sauce at home, you can use bought marinara sauce.
- You can add basil pesto on the chicken breasts to get an amazing flavor with parmesan cheese.
- If you want to store the dish, keep it in the freeze up to 4 days.
Dos and Don'ts:
- You can use any skillet instead of using an iron grill pan.
- Try to do the seasoning in a proper way to get the additional flavor.
- If you want to cook the dish without homemade marinara sauce, use a store-bought one.
- Try to add basil pesto to the sauce.
- Do not cook one side of chicken breasts for a longer time. You need to flip them after every 3 minutes.
- You can serve the dish with pasta and a light salad.
Useful Kitchen Tools
- Ovenproof plate
- Skillet or iron grill pan
- Measurement cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
Grilled Chicken Parmesan
These were some of the tips to make a flavorful dish. As you saw, we have shared the entire recipe with you in an easy way. You can make the grilled chicken parmesan by following the above rules. This dish contains an incredible taste of cheese, marinara sauce, and fresh basil. You can prepare this for a good mealtime. You can serve the dish with pasta or salad etc. according to your choice. So, follow our amazing recipes with the whole procedure to get more delicious chicken parmesan dishes (https://www.fryerly.com/the-best-chicken-parmesan-recipe/).