Crab Rangoon is from authentic Asian cuisine. This dish is like an art for its simple shape and tasty flavor. It looks so delicious, so why don't you try it at home? Making the Crab Rangoon is more than a technique. The small parcels can fill with anything, but you need to know the making of the shape.
However, you must try the deep fryer Rongoon. Oily food increases lots of calories. So here we will use an air fryer for making healthy dishes. So read the article to find out about the Crab Rangoon air fryer recipe.
What I Love About Air Fryer Crab Rangoon Recipe?
If you have an air fryer, you will become obsessed with this incredible appliance. You can skillfully enjoy the crisp, delicious food without using grease. They are merely crisp and astonishing.
The air fryer crab rangoon recipe is very crunchy from the outside, and the filling is evenly cooked. Using an air fryer, you can make a healthy dish without oil, and this I love about the air fryer crab rangoon recipe.
How to Make Air Fryer Crab Rangoon?
Crab rangoon recipes can be made within 15 minutes at ease using the air fryer. This dish is full of flavors that will blast your mouth.
- 4 or 6 oz lump crab meat
- 4 or 6 oz cream cheese
- 21 wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green chopped onions
- 2 garlic minced cloves
- olive oil.
- 98kcal Calories
- 12g Carbohydrates
- 7g protein
- 3g fat
- (nutrition serving per one person)
- Soften the cream cheese in the oven for 20 seconds.
- In a bowl, mix well all the ingredients; cream cheese, salt, pepper, onion, crab, Worcestershire sauce.
- Set the wonton wrappers on a board and moisture with water.
- Take a tablespoon, and half fill the wrappers. Do not overfill.
- Fold the edges of the wrappers sideways. Hold the two opposite sides and stick them in the air.
- Load the rangoons in the basket of the fryer. If you’re making lots of rangoons put them in batches.
- With 370 degree temperature cook them for 10 minutes.
- Take 2 or 3 minutes extra for desirable golden brown.
- Bring out the crab Rangoon and serve them with dipping sauce.
Note: the cooking time may vary.
You can serve the dish for 7 people.
How do you cook frozen crab Rangoons?
You will get frozen crab rangoon in the supermarket, or you can also store the handmade wontons by freezing. For storing the homemade rangoons follow the process below.
Put the uncooked folded crab rangoons in a pan and freeze them for one hour. Now you can store these rangoons in a bag or container.
When you cook the freezing crab rangoons, discard them from the freezer and wait for a little thawing. Then fry in the air fryer, but you will need a bit longer time, like 15 to 20 minutes to even be cooked.
Air fryer crab rangoon egg rolls recipe
Air fryer crab rangoons egg rolls is a yummy dish, and everyone loves it. Basically, there is no egg in the filling, the wrappers are made from eggs that's why it is called egg rolls.
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 2–4 tablespoons crabmeat
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 diced scallions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 106kcal Calories
- 16g Carbohydrates
- 9g protein
- 5g fat
( serving per one person )
- Mix together the crab, cream cheese, salt, paper, scallions, and garlic.
- Take the egg roll wrapper and lay it out.
- Scope the filling with a spoon and put on the wrappers.
- Apply water on the sides with a brush and roll them.
- Bring the air fryer basket and place them.
- Spray oil and sesame seeds.
- With a temperature of 370 degrees, cook them for 7 minutes.
- After coming golden brown, bring out and serve them.
You can serve 4 people.
Sweet crab rangoon recipe
The sweet crab rangoon is considered as the best dessert that you can have any time, especially after dinner. For making them sweet and tasty desserts, you can use Nutella, fruit pie, etc.
- 12 oz Wontons wrappers
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons crab meat.
- 1 whisked egg
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- Fat: 38g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Calories: 552kcal
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- ( served per one person)
- Combine the softened cream cheese, crab, and powdered sugar. Then stir them until proper mixing.
- Take the wontons wrapper and give a splash of water.
- Fill the wrappers with sweet cream cheese with ½ tablespoon of filling.
- Fold the wrappers from two corners and then the other two corners.
- Put the wontons in the air fryer basket and spay oil.
- It will take 7-8 minutes at 370 degrees.
Note: you can brush the whisked egg over the wontons.
You can serve them 4 to 6 people.
Skinnytaste crab rangoon air fryer recipe
Skinnytaste crab rangoons are light in calories but big in flavors. The process of this recipe is the same as we learn about the crab Rangoon air fryer recipe.
You can use the same filling for skinny taste. This time don’t spray the vegetable oil on the wontons. After folding the wontons, place them and cook them for 7 minutes at 370 degrees.
Skinnytaste means not so crispy. Within this time, the wontons will be ready. Then serve with dipping sauce. In this recipe, you need to maintain the temperature properly.
Member's Mark crab rangoon air fryer recipe
Member’s Mark crab rangoons is a well-known brand for supplying frozen wontons. They are delicious and handy so that you can serve them within minutes. These crab rangoons are made with American -Chinese cooking technique.
There are 24 rangoons in the box. You will get three types of wontons like sweet crab, cream cheese and crab flavoured surimi.
- Unpack the crab rangoons from the box and rest them to thaw.
- Load them in the air fryer basket.
- Cooke the rangoons for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Check them if they are golden brown.
- Put them out and serve warm.
Note: the nutrition is the same as the homemade wontons.
If you fry one box, you can serve 7 - 8 people.
How do you reheat crab rangoon in an air fryer?
You can store the fried crab rangoons in the refrigerator. When you keep them, you need to reheat them for eating with the same crispiness. To reheat the crab rangoons, place them in the air fryer basket, and heat them for 5 minutes. The temperature will be 300 degrees. Check them if they are crispy or not. After getting the full crispness, serve them.
How long is crab rangoon good for?
You can store the crab rangoons cooked or uncooked in the refrigerator. But you have to eat them timely. Eating after the expiration date can be harmful to your health.
For cooked crab rangoons, they will be suitable for 3-4 days. And the uncooked freeze wontons you can store for 6 months.
How bad is crab rangoon for you?
Crab Rangoons are full of heavy nutrition. If you eat the fried one, the portion of calories will be increased. Rangoons come in a small size so you can eat 3 or 4 at a time. If you eat in this portion, you will have half of the calories of your entire meal. This is bad for your health. If you have air fryer crab rangoons, then the calories will be lesser than deep fryers.
How to Make the Filling for Air Fryer Crab Rangoon?
This is really straightforward to make the filling for the crab Rangoon. You need just a few ingredients. The cream cheese and crab meat is the special ingredient. For sweet wontons, you can use sweet ingredients.
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
Now in a bowl, mix all the ingredients properly.
What is fried crab rangoon?
Fried crab rangoon means deep-frying with oil. The ingredients and folding wontons are the same. Just you need to fry with vegetable oil. Fried crab rangoon has more calories and fatty nutrition. So you should avoid the deep-fried crab rangoons.
How do you make crab rangoon wontons?
Crab Rangoon wontons can be made with the similar method that you got to know earlier in this article. Actually, crab rangoons are also called wontons because they are wrapped in wontons sheets. The making process and cooking time are the same producers.
Usually, people use deep frying for making them crisp. But you can use baking in the oven or frying in the air fryer. So you can make the wontons with these above recipes without having any issues.
How To Make Crab Ragoons In A Air Fryer - Video
Crab Rangoon Air Fryer Recipes FAQs
1. Do they eat crab rangoon in China?
Yes. Actually, the Chinese are the inventor of this crab rangoon. This is a traditional dish, and they have been eating it for centuries.
2. Can you freeze uncooked crab rangoon?
If you want to store the crab rangoon, you need to freeze the uncooked crab rangoons. It is the only way to keep them for a long time. By freezing you can store them for 6 months and you can use plastic bag or containers.
3. Can I Freeze the Air Fryer Crab Rangoon?
You can't freeze the air fryer crab rangoons. You can keep them in nomar area of the refrigerator. You can keep them for 3-4 days.
4. What you need for Air Fryer Crab Rangoon?
To make air fryer crab rangoons, you need necessary ingredients for the filling, wontons wrappers, and an air fryer for cooking. This is very simple and healthy to make with an air fryer.
5. How do I Fold Air Fryer Crab Rangoon?
This is very simple to fold. The wrapper usually comes in a square shape. You need some water or a whisked egg to stick the corners. First, fold the two corners diagonally and stick them in the air so they will be a triangle shape. Then take the left corner and stick it in the center. Then do the same for other corners.
6. Can I reheat the air fryer crab rangoon?
Yeah, you can reheat them. Heat with the air fryer until crisp and you need about 5 minutes or more for this.
7. Can you eat crab rangoon the next day
Of course, you can keep the air fryer rangoons in the refrigerator. Take them out and reheat with an air fryer. You can eat the rangoons the next day.
8. How long to cook frozen crab rangoon in an air fryer?
After thawing the freeze crab rangoons, you need 12 to 14 minutes to cook in the air fryer. The temperature will be 370 degrees in the air fryer.
Crab rangoons are a traditional dish. They are delicious and crispy. In the restaurant, you always try this dish. You can make it home quickly in a restaurant-style. You need some simple ingredients. Reading these Crab Rangoons air fryer Recipes, you can make them in minutes. But be aware of missing any steps; otherwise, it will be horrible.