Gone are the days when family dinner or Thanksgiving is served with brown turkey immersed in so much amount of hot oil. The traditional way of frying with a pan or pot of hot oil is gradually diminishing, all thanks to the newly innovated turkey fryers.
Turkey fryers are excellent cooking equipment that you need in the kitchen. If you want to cut down on the amount of oil you consume in the name of fried foods, turkey fryers are the way to go. The Butterball turkey fryer ignited our interest, and this is what this Butterball turkey fryer review is all about.
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…
||Masterbuilt MB23010618 Fryer, XL Stainless...||Buy on Amazon|
||23011615 Butterball XL Electric Fryer||
||Buy on Amazon|
||Butterball 23010115 MB23010118 Electric...||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2023-11-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Masterbuilt MB23010618 Fryer
If you are looking forward to frying turkeys up to 20 pounds, this is the exact size of a fryer to go for.
Masterbuilt fryer by Butterball can fry, boil, and steam your favorite foods with 33% less oil than traditional fryers. You only need about a maximum of 2 gallons of oil if you want to fry. With less oil, it means less worry about your health, especially the heart. This is great for people who are cutting down on fats.
You can make meals all day round, all year round. It has fast-heat technology that fries your turkey and other foods in lesser time. In less than 60 minutes, the fryer should have finished cooking your turkey and other meals—no more worries about spending more time than usual in the kitchen, unlike the traditional fryers.
The aluminum basket comes with patented drain clips for draining excess oils. The drain clip has a mounting hole that makes it easy for you to hang the basket. With that, you can lift or lower the turkey, and also remove it from hot oil.
There are a built-in timer and auto shut-off feature in this fryer. The built-in timer lets you set the time when you want your food to be done, and when the time reaches, the fryer stops cooking. The auto shut-off feature turns off your device should it get extremely hot. The auto shut-off feature ensures you are safe while using the fryer.
Two indicator lights notify you of the situation of your fryer – the red and green light. The red light indicates that your appliance is on, while the green shows that the fryer is hot enough to go ahead with cooking.
This product has a vented lid that allows steam to escape the machine, in case it starts to overheat. The vented lid is one feature that makes the Masterbuilt MB23010618 an excellent buy for medium-sized to large families.
Masterbuilt Butterball fryer is dishwasher-safe. The components, including the oil drain, lid, and basket, are easy to clean. This product is one great fryer that will cook healthier and delicious meals.
- Easy to use – The good thing about this fryer is it’s relatively easy to use. The manual is pretty straightforward, and you can master the controls in a matter of minutes.
- Easy to clean – This product is dishwasher-safe, which makes it so easy to clean.
- Cooks fast – You can prepare your 20 lb turkey in less than 60 minutes. The Masterbuilt Butterball is an efficient time-saver, something most people consider as a plus.
- Has various temperature controls – whether you want to steam vegetables, boil water, or fry turkeys, there is a temperature for it. All you need is to set and regulate the heat as you cook your foods.
- Might not cook a vast amount of foods.
2. Masterbuilt 20020107 Propane Turkey Fryer
This propane turkey fryer from Butterball is another powerful fryer that you need on your kitchen countertop. Whether you want to fry, boil, or steam, this fryer does it all.
For people who are just starting in using a turkey fryer, using this one isn’t a wrong choice. It does all your basic cooking needs, and you are assured of eating healthier meals all year round.
The Masterbuilt 20020107 Butterball XL turkey fryer is a 30-quarts pot. This means that you can cook up to 20 lb./ 18 pounds of turkey. For a medium-sized family, this fryer would work just fine.
Typically, this turkey fryer comes with all the features and accessories that a regular electric, Masterbuilt turkey has. There is the electronic timer that pretty much works like the standard timers in other turkey fryers. Once you set the time, your fryer can begin cooking and stops when the set time elapses. If you wish to continue cooking, just set the timer again, and it will start cooking.
The auto shut-off feature is present again in this one to prevent any overheating and overcooking of the fryer. This safety feature ensures that accidents like a fire is prevented. However, one feature that truly stands out is the inclusion of the stainless steel thermometer. The thermometer is used for checking the temperature of the oil, so you will know when the oil is overheated or not.
This equipment comes with temperature control that reads up to 375° f. Whether you want to boil, steam, or fry, there is a temperature for it. Just turn the knob to adjust the temperature to suit your cooking.
- Has temperature control – The electric fryer had various temperature presets to accommodate the type of cooking. If you want to boil, steam, or fry, adjust the temperature knob, and you are good to go.
- Includes a thermometer – For checking the temperature of the oil, Butterball consists of a thermometer, which makes monitoring easy.
- Easy to clean – The turkey fryer is stainless and dishwasher-free, which makes it easy to clean.
- Enhances safety – The inclusion of the auto shut-off feature makes it possible for fire outbreaks and other accidents to be prevented. There is also a magnetic breakaway cord for additional safety.
- Less oil – When compared to traditional fryers that use 5 gallons of oil, the Masterbuilt Butterball electric turkey fryer uses just 2.5 gallons of oil. This translates to eating healthier meals.
- It may not be suitable for a large family.
3. Masterbuilt Butterball Turkey Fryer
The Butterball Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer is a favorite fryer for lots of people. There is no objection against the deep fried turkey. There are some stories of fries, and the near misses discourage the biggest turkey fan.
The Butterball Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer is designed well. It is also safe enough to use in the houses. So you can enjoy the usefulness of turkey in your house anytime. The Butterball features are designed well to offer safety for the users.
The porcelain-coated inner pot can reserve oil for a long time, and it can save 33% oil than the conventional turkey fryer. You may read the user manual from here.
- Made and tested the demand of commercial standards
- Capacity to fry Turkey up to twenty pounds. In the aluminum cooking basket along with drain clip.
- Easy to clean and has convenient oil drain valve
- 1650 watt electric heating element heats rapidly.
- Digital timer and analog controls besides with thermostat temperature control
- Magnetic break away power cord to ensure safety
- It can cook turkeys and chickens smoothly and browns well.
- It’s very helpful to cook food for big families.
- Very useful for various kinds of foods without having them personally.
- Reserve heat in the oil for a long time to cook food for your required time.
- Big enough so take big place to preserve or keep it.
- The lid heating cabinet is a must to set on most kitchens.
4. Masterbuilt Butterball Oil-Free Fryer
The Masterbuilt Butterball Oil-Free Electric Turkey Roaster is made to offer healthier foods. For the health conscious people, the standard of the fryer has been upgraded.
The oil-free roaster offers you perfect moist meat as well as tender-crisp. It looks, and the taste is like fried turkey. There will be no oil on the food.
The roadster uses enough heat to set the food outside of turkey. The inner side of the food is moist, and the outer side of the food is crispy.
So thank the Masterbuilt, as it can cook 18 pounds only spending ten minutes per pound, or near about 3 hours.
- The powerful 1650 watt electric element prepares turkey about 18 pounds
- For healthy eating one may use oil-free electric turkey fryer and roaster
- Double wall construction applies radiant heat to stick exterior of the turkey.
- Made in wood chip box; alternative drip pan to the bottom of the fryer
- Size: 18 x 23.2 x 26.2 inches (W x H x D); 90 days limited guarantee.
- Do not tie up oven or heat up house
- Ultra quick Turkey cooking
- Very good for cooking and sealing in juices
- To clean the inside of the fryer is painful as it has basket hanging structure and there is a heating element on the way
5. Butterball XXL Digital 22 lb. Turkey Fryer
The Butterball XXL Digital 22 lb fryer is designed with a digital temperature control and a timer. It will take a little time to cook you the bird. You can make food with crispy skin. You do not need any cooking place so that you can set your sides. Within a short time, you can cook food for your family having many members.
You need not spend the whole day in the kitchen. The XXL fryer can cook 22 pounds only spending less than an hour. So you can spend this time by doing other activities. It takes one-third of less oil than the traditional fryers. It makes your food tastier and cost-effective. The cleaning process is very easy.
There is a drain valve which empties oil. The inner pot has a porcelain coating for easy cleaning. You can do it for other days with holidays. This is an indoor fryer; therefore, you can use it anytime in anywhere.
- Outer shell is made of stainless steel
- Variable temperature controlling option up to 375 degrees
- Made with digital timer
- Prohibited to use olive oil or other oil with low smoke point of frying
- Made in drain valve
- Take of porcelain coated internal pot for hassle free cleaning
- Fill with water to the maximum
- Useful for big families
- Simple to maintain
- Simple to clean
- Has much Safety feature
- It needs more space to keep the unit
Buying Guide of Butterball Turkey Fryer
Before you proceed to buy a Butterball turkey fryer, there are certain factors that you should consider. These factors include:
Sizes/Capacities of the Fryer
Butterball turkey fryers come in various sizes, such as XL and large fryers. Sizes are essential because it determines the quantity of food you want to fry. For example, the XL turkey fryers can cook up to 20 lb of turkey, while the large turkey fryers can hold up to 14 lb. of turkey.
Ease of Cleaning
Butterball turkey fryers have stainless builds that are easy to clean. The inner pot of these fryers has drain valves for easy cleaning. The fryer is dishwasher-safe, which allows for a hassle-free and safe washing.
The cooking baskets of Butterball air fryers are made of aluminum and stainless steel materials. These baskets ensure that lifting and removing of the turkey out of the oil is easily facilitated. The baskets are also used to drain excess oil before you put the bird on a platter.
Butterball fryers come with additional features like the auto shut-off, which turns off the equipment to avoid overheating. When the machine gets too hot, it automatically turns off. You have to wait for it cool down before you can begin cooking again.
How to Use Butterball Turkey Fryer
- Mount the turkey fryer on a heat-resistant surface.
- Ensure the components of the fryer is cleaned before using it.
- Place the ingredients in the basket and the dish that you want to cook according to the fryer’s capacity.
- Plug the electric cord to the power source.
- Set the temperature and time.
- Once the timer goes off, remove the fryer. If you notice the food is still undone, reset the temperature and time and continue to cook.
Cleaning and Maintenance of Butterball Turkey Fryer
- Once the machine turns off as a result of overheating, wait for it to cool down before reusing it.
- Since the equipment is dishwasher safe, clean the fryer as well as it’s components.
- Once you are done using the fryer, unplug the unit and store it in a cool, dry place.
How a Butterball Turkey Fryer Works
The answer to this question is tricky for some reason. A turkey is kept in a holder or a basket and keep in a heat source. The heat is fixed here. Therefore, the turkey can cook very quickly than an oven. It will take only 20 minutes to cook a pound of food. Here is some given time to cook a turkey in the turkey fryer.
- Oil becomes heat up within 3.5 minutes/pound.
- Oil heated with propane within 3.5 minutes/pound.
- Air heated with the help of electric within 10 minutes/pound.
- Air heated with propane within 10 minutes/pound.
Cook turkey in a turkey fryer is faster than cooking a turkey in a traditional oven. The four kinds of turkey fryers are very common in the market today.
Things you should keep in your mind all the time
At the time of lifting, hook uses stainless steel basket at the time of lowering the hot oil. It will save getting scalded by the hot oil.
Keep your turkey to the defrost temperature, be sure there is no moisture on your turkey. Along with there is no crystals inside of your turkey. Hot oil and water are a dangerous combination and caught fair easily.
To get the crispy skin, you need to submerge the whole bird in the boiling oil. In a 14-pound bird, there is a huge capacity fryer will complete something skin outside the level. The parts have a nice crisp.
One of the customers said that you need to lower the basket into the hot oil to make a coat with the fryer. Then keep the raw foods inside the basket to lower the boiling oil.
What can be cooked with Butterball turkey?
To cook a piece of turkey breast, the temperature and time will be different. You need to set temperature 375-degree F.
It will take 7 minutes to cook per pound of food. When you keep the breast meat in the hot oil, you need to reduce the temperature to 325-degrees F. for the cooking process you need to set the lowest temperature.
Which Butterball Turkey Fryer is Best?
Both kinds will create great fried chicken. This is a personal taste. Here are some quick comparisons involving the Butterball Turkey Fryer which utilizes oil along with also the Butterball Turkey Fryer that’s oil less:
- Crispier Skin Care is created using all the Butterball Turkey Fryer which utilizes petroleum.
- Gravey could be produced out of Butterball Turkey Fryer that’s oil less.
- Turkeys are cooked quicker in the Butterball Turkey Fryer which utilizes petroleum.
- Butterball Turkey Fryer oil less is a great deal safer.
- These are a few of the big comparisons between the 2 kinds of Butterball Turkey Fryers. Picking the one which is right for you will depend on your requirements.
Deep Fried Turkey Marinade Recipe
- One bottle Italian Dressing (16 oz.)
- ½ cup black pepper
- half cup cayenne pepper
- one cup Creole seasoning
- Two tsp garlic powder
Mix cayenne pepper, ¾ of the Italian dressing, Creole seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper in a standard bowl. Rinse the mix on the outside of the turkey.
Apply the rest of ¼ of the Italian dressing to cover up turkey cavity. Preserve it in a refrigerator for eight hours or the whole night. Take out from the refrigerator and deep fry according to the instructions of the Indoor Butterball Turkey Fryer Manual.
Deep Fried Oreos Recipe
- One cup milk
- Oil for frying
- One large egg
- Eighteen-ounce package cream completes chocolate sandwich cookies
- Two teaspoons vegetable oil
- One cup pancake mix
- Keep oil in a deep fryer and raise heat up to 375 degrees F.
- Mix well vegetable and egg-milk in a bowl until it becomes smooth well. Stir in pancake mix as long as there is no lump. Plunge the chocolate cookies into the batter one altogether to make coat completely.
- Keep the cookies on the fryer with great care at a time. Fry for sometimes to avoid sticking altogether. Fry up to about two minutes or as long as the outside becomes golden brown. Use the basket or tongs to remove it from the oil.
- Put it on the plate with a paper towel to remove oil or cool the cookies before eating.
Is the Butterball Turkey Fryer a Must Have for Thanksgiving? — The Kitchen Gadget Test Show
Butterball Turkey Fryer (FAQs)
1. Is the Butterball Turkey Fryer Safe?
The Butterball turkey fryer is one of the safest fryers available for use. It is fully certified to use indoors and cooks efficiently.
2. Is the Butterball Turkey Fryer Good?
Butterball turkey fryers are efficient fryers that you can trust. It’s dishwasher safe, easy to use, and one of the best turkey fryers in the market.
3. What Size does Turkey fit In the Butterball Turkey Fryer?
Butterball turkey fryers come in two sizes – the XL and the large electric fryer. The XL can accommodate 20 pounds of turkey, while the large size can contain up to 14 pounds of the same bird.
4. Are Electric Turkey Fryers Good?
As opposed to gas-operated fryers, using an electric fryer is an excellent choice. Electric turkey fryers are easy to work with, and you don’t need to fret about gas leakages or insufficient gas in the tank.
5. Can You Steam with the Masterbuilt Butterball?
Yes, you can steam as well as fry and boil with the Butterball turkey fryer.
6. Why My Turkey Fryer Won’t Turn On?
There is a safety switch with the fryer that must be mounted to power on. If the control panel is mounted accurately, the power light will have lit up.
7. How Much Oil Need?
Fryer needs 2.75 gallons of oil max. the max fill is the top level of the liquid. You can use it safely. Stretching to the line is more than enough water or oil to serve maximum food in this.
8. What kind of oil can you use?
Peanut oil is suggested to use as the oil has the capacity of higher smoke and great taste. You can also use other cooking oil for this purpose.
9. How Much The Oil Become Heat?
The temperature will reach to 375-degrees F within 45 minutes. When you keep the turkey in the fryer, the temperature will be less. Follow the manual to set time.
10. At The Time of Use Can I Add Lid?
Yes, the lid will help to retain heat, and holds splatter inside of the unit.
11. How Much Turkey Can I Plunge to The Fry?
Suggested Turkey is A 14-18lb (6.35-8.16kgs). However, you may fry deep up to the 20 lb (9.07kgs) turkey into this unit. Never go beyond 20 lbs (9.07kgs).
Finding the best turkey fryer can be daunting. However, this Butterball turkey fryer review has proved that Butterball turkey fryers are dependable and excellent for use.
If you want to regulate your diet and tone down the number of fats you consume, it starts with using a fryer like the Butterball turkey fryer.
Chester’s expertise in air fryer cooking stems from her belief that air frying is one of the healthiest and most convenient cooking methods. Her recipes are designed to make the most of the air fryer’s unique cooking properties, producing crispy and delicious meals without excessive oil.