Does baking make chicken tenders soggy? If you have this question in mind, then forget about it. Because you can get the same crispy texture in the oven too. As a result, no oil is there around the tenders. Also, your hand will be all clean.
Baked chicken tenders are of different levels in flavor and texture. Eating them with a honey mustard dip sauce with a little sprinkle of chili will burst with a taste in your mouth.
|10 minutes||12 minutes||22 minutes||4 persons||Easy|
What nutrients will you get from this recipe?
What are the ingredients of Baked chicken tenders?
- One-pound chicken tenders
- Three eggs
- Two cups of panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup water or milk
- One cup flour
- Salt (to taste)
What are the instructions for baking these tenders?
- Preparation of breading:
- Make a mixture of flour and salt in a bowl.
- Combine eggs with salt in another bowl.
- Take a small bowl and add panko bread crumbs with salt.
- Dip the tenders in the flour mixture. Tap the excess flour.
- Soak them in the egg bowl.
- Then place it into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Transfer the chicken tenders to the baking rack.
- Spread some cooking oil on them.
- Start baking at 165 degrees until crisp texture.
What difficulties will you face? Take the expert tips:
- Panko breadcrumbs will give a crispier coating than regular breadcrumbs.
- If you don’t want to use egg, dip the tenders into mustard.
Dos and Don’ts:
- Wheat flour is healthier than regular flour.
- Whole wheat flours are also healthy for making breaded chicken tenders.
- Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for three days.
Helpful kitchen tools for making this recipe:
|Baking sheet||To place the chicken tenders while baking|
|Baking rack||To elevate the chicken tenders for even cooking|
|Cooking spray||To avoid sticking of the tenders on the baking sheet|
|Bowl||To mix the flour, egg, and panko breadcrumb mixtures|
Easy and Quick Baked Chicken Tenders
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use chicken breast instead of chicken tenders?
Yes, you can use chicken breast instead of chicken tenders. However, you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as chicken breast may take longer to cook.
Can I make these chicken tenders gluten-free?
Yes, you can make these chicken tenders gluten-free by using gluten-free flour and breadcrumbs.
Can I add spices or herbs to the breading mixture?
Yes, you can add your favorite spices or herbs to the breading mixture to enhance the flavor. Some popular options include paprika, garlic powder, and dried herbs like thyme or oregano.
Can I freeze these chicken tenders?
Yes, you can freeze these chicken tenders for later use. Allow them to cool completely before placing them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, bake them in the oven until heated through.
Baked chicken tenders are the same as deep-fried. But the amount of oil is less here, that’s why this way is much healthier. When you make chicken tenders, they should have a crispy coating outside. And baking will provide all these and are also far better than frying.
Everyone loves chicken tenders. If they are homemade, then the fan base is on another level. So, follow the recipe thoroughly and enjoy the hot-fresh chicken tenders. Besides, the extra tips mentioned in the article will help you out in other cooking processes.
Chester’s expertise in air fryer cooking stems from her belief that air frying is one of the healthiest and most convenient cooking methods. Her recipes are designed to make the most of the air fryer’s unique cooking properties, producing crispy and delicious meals without excessive oil.