Oil-less big boss fryer has a large capacity that cooks well. It isn't a piece of equipment for everyone, but those who use it love it. It is quite different from all other fryers. Its name alone speaks volumes, and it matches up to its name.
The big boss fryer comes in enormous size. It is so big it can accommodate a whole turkey comfortably. It also comes at a ridiculously low price, especially concerning its size. This review will give full details on its features, performance, pros, and cons.
What is an oil-less fryer?
Oil-less turkey fryer is a piece of equipment that resembles the regular Turkey fryer. But, it operates without oil. We all know frying requires oil, but this equipment chose to defy the law and fries without oil. This fryer uses a propane tank to cook, not directly, but by heating the inner layer of the container.The oil-less fryer cooks your meat within 8-10 minutes. It also comes with infrared technology that allows meat to cook evenly. The best way to seal juice in meat is by coating it in plastic. But this equipment claims to be able to do that. How do you achieve less fat without deep frying meat? This tool also assures that. The device comes in handy, and it is of a low price.
What is an oil-less big boss fryer?
Oil-less big boss fryer is tabletop equipment that uses infrared technology and halogen heat for cooking. It doesn't require oil, as the name implies. It cooks meat directly from the freezer and doesn't need defrosting. The fryer operates manually, and it comes with knobs to switch between temperatures. You need to know the heat you need for your food to be cooked appropriately.
This fryer needs a power up to 1300W. It might be because of its big size. It is also energy efficient. It features an extension coil that increases the height and capacity. No matter the size of the meat you're cooking, the lid will still fit well. The fryer is very tall, and this gives room for you to create another layer inside it.Big boss fryer works with convection, infrared, and halogen heat. It sucks in the water in the food and gives you soft meat. The fryer is quite heavy. You shouldn't be surprised, though, considering the size. The fryer has a lot of plastic in it, and this puts a question mark on its durability.
Oil-less big boss fryer recipes
Sweet potato fries
You can make your sweet potato fries in the big boss fryer. It is healthier than deep-frying; this is because it requires no oil, reducing the fat and calories. It still comes in the sweet taste, but with fewer fats.
- Sweet potatoes
- Garlic powder
- Sweet paprika
- Black pepper
- Little oil
- Cut the potatoes into small, equal sizes. It is to ensure they all cook at the same time, with no undone one or overcooked one.
- Add ingredients to your taste.
- Place them in the basket, but do not make it too full.
- Turn them over when done halfway. It is to make sure that all sides cook well.
- Open the fryer to see if it has done. If the meat is still thick, leave for a little while longer.
- The temperature of 400°F should be suitable for cooking.
Roasted pineapples and bananas
- Melted butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Peel and slice the pineapple and bananas.
- Bring out the mesh from the big boss fryer, and add the pineapple, bananas and melted butter.
- Leave to heat up for about 10 minutes, with a temperature of 375°F
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar.
- Leave for a while, then add the vanilla extract.
- Leave until it is succulent.
Big boss fried chicken
You will need:
- Seasonings (to your taste)
- Corn flakes
How to do this
- Wash the chicken pieces. Pour buttermilk on it to cover it. Then put the lid and place inside the fridge. Leave for 4 hours.
- Put corn flakes in a bag, add seasoning and garlic powder, then crush the flakes into powder.
- Spray the basket with a little oil.
- Add the chicken and sprinkle the corn flakes on it, spray a little oil on the chicken.
- Set the temperature to 375°F and leave for about 30 minutes.
- Turn the chicken to the other side and allow it to cook also.
Cooking a whole chicken with the big boss fryer saves a lot of time. You get your meat tender and with a good coating.
Whole chicken cooking tips for the big boss
- Set the temperature to about 158-160°F
- Put the whole chicken on the rack and sprinkle oil on it
- Add the seasonings to your taste.
- Then increase the temperature to 460°F
- Leave to cook for about 25 minutes and turn over for the other side to cook.
- Be sure the meat is well prepared before removing it from the fryer.
Fried chicken tenders
- Chicken tender
- Melted butter
- Put the chicken in a bowl and pour buttermilk over it. Then put in the fridge
- Bring it out after few minutes and shake off any excess buttermilk
- Set the temperature to 175°F
- Place the chicken tender on the basket, do not let it be overcrowded.
- Spray oil over the chicken or use melted butter
- Leave to cook for a few minutes. You must get a tender and soft chicken as your result.
Italian fried cutlets
- All-purpose flour
- Italian panko bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Chicken thighs
- Fresh bash leaves
For the tomato salad
- Olive oil
- Place cooking parchment paper under the big boss fryer basket
- Pour flour in a bowl. In another bowl, break the egg(s), add vinegar and salt. In yet another bowl, combine the bread crumbs and mix with Parmesan cheese.
- Coat the chicken with flour, dip inside the egg and coat with the breadcrumbs
- Put the chicken in the basket.
- Set the temperature to 325°F and leave to cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over at intervals to allow other parts to cook well
For the salad preparation;
- Pour oil in a bowl, add vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir all together.
- Add arugula and tomatoes, mix well.
- Serve your chicken with the salad.
Buffalo chicken tacos
- Corn tortillas
- Buffalo sauce
- Cheddar cheese
- Cheese crumbles
- Purple onions
- Fresh cilantro
- Coleslaw mix
- Fresh lime wedges
- Preheat the fryer to 375°F
- Wrap the corn tortillas in a cloth and steam for 30 seconds. It is to prevent them from splitting while bending.
- Spray the tortillas with cooking spray
- Then set over the rack and leave space between them.
- Leave for about 7 minutes and check. Bring it out when it is cooked.
- Mix buffalo sauce with cooked chicken.
- Fill the tortillas with the chicken, sprinkle with cheddar cheese, and put in the fryer. Add the blue cheese crumbles and little buttermilk.
- Add cilantro and Coleslaw mix
Whole Chicken Cooking Tips for the Big Boss
BIG BOSS 1300-Watt Oil-Less Fryer
Oil Less Big Boss Fryer Recipes FAQs
How does an oil-less fryer work?
An oil-less fryer heats up to about 392°F and spreads the heat in it.
Can air fryer cause cancer?
An air fryer is known to reduce harmful components from food. It doesn't cause cancer; instead, it helps to reduce its probability.
How long does it take to cook chicken in a big boss air fryer?
It takes about two hours, but it also depends on the size of what you're cooking and the temperature.
Is it healthy to cook chicken in an air fryer?
Air fryer requires very little or no oil for cooking. It reduces the use of fats and oil, and thereby reduces calory intake.
Can I toast bread in an air fryer?Yes, you can. Just place the bread on the top layer of the fryer and leave for about 3 minutes at 400°F.
The oil-less big boss air fryer is not so conventional, but it is efficient. It saves a whole lot of time and stress for cooking. It is also healthy, as it reduces the amount of oil used for cooking. The fryer is used for cooking chicken, Turkey, fries, and some other foods.Operating the fryer is quite technical, but you can get it with the help of the manual guide. It works manually, so you get to switch between temperatures. Big boss fryer is big and bulky. It answers to its name in every way.