Turkey chops may not be as popular as their pork or beef counterparts, but they are just as tasty and much healthier for you! These lean, protein-packed cuts of meat are perfect for a quick and easy dinner that the whole family will enjoy. And the best part? Cooking turkey chops in the oven is a hassle-free way to prepare them that results in juicy, tender meat every time.
Table of Contents
Ingredients and Tools Needed
- 4 turkey chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Any desired seasonings or marinades (optional)
- Baking dish
- Aluminum foil
- Meat thermometer
Preparing the Turkey Chops
- Preheat your oven to 375-400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the turkey chops in a baking dish and brush them with olive oil.
- Season the turkey chops with salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings or marinades.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
Cooking the Turkey Chops
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the aluminum foil from the baking dish and return the turkey chops to the oven.
- Continue cooking the turkey chops for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until they are nicely browned and crispy.
Pro Tip: Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the turkey is cooked to the correct temperature, which will help prevent foodborne illness.
Serving the Turkey Chops
- Once the turkey chops are cooked, remove them from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the turkey chops with your choice of side dishes, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a salad.
Cooking turkey chops in the oven is a quick and easy way to enjoy this healthy and delicious protein. With just a few simple ingredients and tools, you can have a tasty and satisfying meal on the table in no time. So why not give it a try and add turkey chops to your dinner rotation? You might just find that they become a new family favorite!
Welcome to Cooking Hacks, a place for all the food lovers out there! I have always been passionate about cooking and finding new ways to make it easier and more enjoyable.