Can I cook turkey divan in my air fryer? The answer is yes. There appears to be an infinite supply of turkey the day after Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving Sandwiches are traditional, but if you're seeking something new and exciting, this turkey divan dish is just the ticket.
So easy to whip up that you won't feel guilty about eating out the night of the wedding, and so adaptable that you can serve a wide variety of guests.
Skip the broccoli, please. Instead, include vegetables like cauliflower or green beans. Avoid Ritz crackers if possible. Croutons made from stale bread or buttered Panko make a great finishing touch.
What Is a Turkey Divan?
A divan recipe consists of two parts: one part is the main ingredient which is usually meat such as beef, chicken, lamb, fish, etc.; the second part is vegetables such as tomatoes, onions, peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, eggplant, potatoes, etc.
The ingredients for a divan recipe should be cooked separately until they are tender. Then, they are combined together and served at once.
How to make Chicken Turkey Divan?
This recipe is easy to prepare and tastes great. To make a chicken turkey divan:
- Place the divan between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Place the pounded divans on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes per side.
- Serve with the sauce of your choice.
Equipment You'll Need
The tools needed for making air fryer chicken turkey divan include:
A kitchen scale, A thermometer, A wire rack, Kitchen twine, a baking sheet, an Air fryer, a Cutting board, a Garlic press, knives, Tongs, and Mixing bowls.
Recipe-1: Air fried
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Serving: 8 person
- Cooking Difficulty: Easy
- Nutrition Information: 226 Cals, 32.5 Protein, Carbs 10 Fats
- Turkey divan, 4 pounds
- 1/2 tsp. mustard
- Seasoning for two chickens' worth
- 1/2 gram sugar 1 gram fat 1 gram protein one teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried garlic
- a pinch of ground black pepper
Turn your air fryer temperature up to 375 degrees. Spread butter in the basket that can hold 2 quarts. 4 tablespoons of butter should be melted in a medium skillet over medium heat. After about 5 minutes, add the onion and garlic and simmer until soft, stirring regularly. After 1 minute, add the mustard while swirling regularly and dust with flour.
Slowly add the milk, followed by the broth, while whisking constantly. Once at a simmer, continue whisking for about 7 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
Turn the heat down to low and mix the sour cream, cheese, and cayenne pepper. Take it off the heat. Add a lot of pepper and salt, and then mix the turkey and the broccoli.
Season the turkey mixture with salt and pepper and spread it on the prepared pan's bottom.
Wrap the dish in foil and bake for 40 minutes or until the broccoli is soft.
Combine crackers and the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
Get rid of the foil and sprinkle the cracker mixture on top. Allow the cheese to bake for another 25 minutes or until it is brown and bubbling.
Serve with a sprinkling of chives on top.
- I use a turkey divan that has been defrosted so that the seasonings may be applied evenly. It can also be dry-brined and refrigerated for a few hours. After that, I usually just throw in the herbs and dive right in.
- Using mayonnaise as a coating is my go-to for chicken divans because I love the flavor and the golden hue it imparts. Alternatively, you might go with a lesser quantity of oil.
- When I buy a turkey divan, I prefer to utilize it for making sandwiches and wraps to last me all week.
- It's essential to be careful when untangling the netting from the chicken divans. This is because some meat may get stuck inside the net.
An air fryer is a fantastic kitchen appliance that allows you to make delicious food with very little oil. But if you don't have an air fryer yet or want to try something new, let's look at how to make crispy Buffalo Chicken divans in the regular oven.
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Serving: 8 persons
- Cooking Difficulty: Easy
Nutrition Information Serving:
- Ounces: 4
- Calories: 226kcal
- Protein: 32.5g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Sodium: 296mg
- Four pounds of bone-in, skin-on turkey divan (ribs removed)
- Two teaspoons of butter
- Kosher salt, two tablespoons
- Seasoning for turkey or chicken, dry, 1/2 tablespoon.
- Prepare a 350°F oven. Cooking spray, large enough to cover a 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish. For the fastest results, follow the package's suggested cooking time for the broccoli.
- Meanwhile, mix the soups, mayonnaise, mustard, and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Roast the broccoli after draining and arranging it in a baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Mix in the turkey and stir gently.
- Spread the soup mixture evenly over the top of the turkey and broccoli. Grate some cheese and sprinkle it on top.
- For 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until bubbling and heated. Add the onions and bake for another 5 minutes or until the onions are golden.
Why should you choose the recipe?
Turkey divan has less fat and fewer calories than other types of meat. In addition, turkey divan is leaner than chicken divans, which makes it easier for women to lose weight.
The best part about turkey divan is that it is usually cheaper than other meats. This means you don't need to spend much money to eat healthy food. This is why you should choose the recipe.
What should I serve with the recipe?
Turkey divan is delicious and served alone, but adding some vegetables such as green beans, potatoes, and carrots gives it a new flavor. If you want to add something else, try serving it with cranberry sauce or stuffing.
Why is this recipe my favorite?
Turkey Divan is one of my favorite recipes because it tastes great, and I love how tender and juicy it is. The meat is easy to prepare and cook and requires only 30 minutes.
This recipe includes some ingredients that give it a nice flavor, like soy sauce, garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper, paprika, and red pepper flakes.
Benefits of Using an Air Fryer
The most significant benefit of utilizing an air fryer to cook a turkey is the significant reduction in total cooking time. Because a turkey divan weighing 3 to 4 pounds takes only about an hour to cook, you can have a Thanksgiving-style turkey meal practically any night of the week. One more thing: turkey divan cooked in an air fryer has these other advantages.
Due to the revolving nature of the air in an air fryer, the turkey will cook equally on all sides.
To achieve a crackly, crispy exterior on the turkey, an air fryer is an excellent tool at your disposal.
It's essential to keep this in mind if you often deep-fry your Thanksgiving dinner and want to switch to a healthier option. For example, you can cook a whole roasted turducken in an air fryer just as well as a traditional one. The result is as juicy and delicious as fried poultry but with far fewer calories and saturated fats.
How to Store the meat
To freeze the cooked turkey divan:
- Thaw the meat overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove the skin from the turkey divan.
- Place the turkey divan between two sheets of wax paper and pound it with a heavy pan to flatten it out.
- Remove any excess fat and then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap.
- Store the frozen turkey divan in the freezer for up to three months.
- Generally speaking, a divan weighing between 4 and 5 pounds can be cooked in an air fryer with a capacity of 5 quarts, though this does depend on the specific model. Make sure the meat doesn't go above the rim of the hoop.
- Depending on your divan size, cooking time will vary; use an instant-read thermometer to check the interior temperature to ensure the chicken is done.
- If your divan is frozen, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator.
In terms of size, a 3 to 5-pound turkey divan is likely the maximum weight most air fryers can hold.
What Makes This Recipe So Great
Air Fried turkey divans are great because they are tender and moist and don't require any cooking. They're also quick to prepare, which makes them perfect for busy families who want to eat healthier.
The secret to these chicken divans is that they are cooked in hot oil until crispy, then cooled down quickly in ice water. This process keeps the meat juicy and tender.
Air Fryer Turkey Divan Recipe (FAQs)
1. Can you put foil in an air fryer?
You can use aluminum foil to make your food crispy without burning it. You need to place the pieces of food on top of the foil first, then add oil and seasonings. Lastly, place the pan into an oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
2. Can I cook a turkey in an air fryer oven?
Yes, it's perfectly safe to use an air fryer for cooking frozen poultry. However, you should ensure the chicken has been thawed before placing it into the air fryer.
3. Can you fry a turkey divan?
You can cook a turkey divan for about an hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees F.
4. How many minutes per pound do you cook a turkey divan?
The average weight of a cooked turkey divan is 3 pounds, which means it takes about 15 minutes for each pound to be cooked.
5. How long does it take to cook?
Cooking takes about 20 minutes per meal. You can speed up the process by cooking ahead of time.
Air frying allows you to make healthy meals quickly and easily. It's quick and easy to use an air fryer at home to enjoy tasty food without all the fat and calories from deep-frying. We hope you've enjoyed our recipe for turkey divan. If you find it useful, then don't waste your time. Just try this delicious and easy dish.
Welcome to Cooking Hacks, a place for all the food lovers out there! I have always been passionate about cooking and finding new ways to make it easier and more enjoyable.