When it comes to wings recipes, most of them will drown you deep into the sauce-made swimming pool. No doubt these are incredibly tasty. But, what is about your health? Well, the Traeger chicken wings dry rub and smoked is a healthier alternative to sauce-filled wings.
It has your favorite flavor without the saucy mess. The recipe is also a perfect starter for your weekend and evening time. Furthermore, the recipe is easy to prepare, and you can serve it with potato salad, mashed potatoes, grilled corn, etc.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Cooking difficulty: beginners
You will have 296 calories, 32.3 grams of protein, 19 grams of carbohydrates, and 23 grams of fat with each serving of the Traeger suggested dry rub and smoked wings.
It has two steps of cooking and preparation. Firstly, the brining part and then the essential grilling part. Ingredients for the brine:
- 3/8 cup of salt and brown sugar each
- 8 crushed pieces of garlic clove
- 1-1/2 tbsp. of dried thyme and red pepper flakes
Ingredients for the dry rub and grilling:
- 2-1/2 pounds of chicken wings
- 3/8 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon of granulated onion
- 3/8 teaspoon of chile pepper and smoked paprika
- 3/8 teaspoon of garlic powder and Traeger Rub
Now, it is time to start the chicken wings cooking steps.
- Firstly, you have to prepare the brine. In a bowl, add water, brown sugar, and salt and stir them properly. The sugar and salt should dissolve perfectly. Then, add the thyme, pepper flakes, and garlic clove with it.
- Finally, pour in the mixture over the wings and toss to cover the wings properly. Lock the bowl lid and store it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Before you cook, remove the wings from the refrigerator. Allow them to thaw and rinse off the excess brine from them. Finally, pat them several times with a clean rag to make them dry.
- Now, it’s time for the 1st grilling step. Set your Traeger grill at 180°F. Now, preheat it for the next 10- to 12 minutes.
- While the grill grates are preheated, you can prepare the wings rub. In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the rub and blend them minutely.
- Once the coat is ready, rub the patted and dried chicken wings in it. Make sure the coating is even and light.
- Set the coated dry chicken wings in the grill grate. Now, continue smoking them for 60-65 minutes.
- During the last step, remove the smoked wings from the grate. Now, preheat the grill at 450°F for 10 minutes. Cook the smoked wings for another 2 to 3 minutes until it becomes golden and tender.
You should rinse the remaining brine from the wings properly. Also, while grilling the wings, you should flip them over a few times. It helps in the proper doneness better.
Dos and Don'ts:
- If possible, preheat the Traeger grill with a super smock. It yields the best flavorsome taste.
- You must cook slow and steady. Speed isn’t the key here. It slowly brings the smoky vibe inside the wings.
Useful kitchen tools:
- You may use the instant thermometer to measure the wings' temperature while grilling.
- You can use a blender or mixture bowl to mix the rubbing ingredients quickly and effortlessly.
Chicken Wings On A Traeger - Ace Hardware
The smoked and drub rube Traeger chicken wings with their grilled and smoky flavor will bring a different delight for you. This super-easy-to-made recipe (https://www.fryerly.com/best-chicken-wings/) is the perfect tiffin item for kids and can be served as evening snacks too.
Also, its sauce-free preparation gives a new vibe for a change.