The marinated chicken wings are the favorite of my kids. I learned it from my mom and now passing the secret knowledge of chicken wings marinated and oven-baked to you. When you marinate the wings with the sauce for 24 hours, the taste will surely blow away your mind.
The marinating sauce is easy to prepare, and once you deep-bake the marinated wings, its savor will attract everyone. So, prepare your snacks table with them and see how guests and family members keep licking their fingers with the sauce and wings in their hands.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Cooking difficulty: Intermediate
Serving: 4 persons
You will get 77mg of cholesterol, 303 calories, 25.6 grams of protein, 8.2 grams of carbohydrates, and 17.8 grams of fat. You will also get 870 grams of sodium.
- 2-1/2 pounds of chicken wings
- 1 tbsp. of honey mustard
- 1/3rd cup of soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. of dry sherry
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of ginger powder
- 2 tbsp. of brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper powder
- ½ cup of olive oil
We hope that these ingredients are readily available in your home. So, it is time to see the marinating and cooking steps for the chicken wings.
- Find a medium-sized bowl for mixing the ingredients to prepare the marinating sauce. Once you have the bowl, pour all the ingredients inside it except the chicken wings.
- Whisk all the items continuously until it becomes smooth. It is crucial for the proper marinating process of the chicken wings. Also, add a bit of oil to the mixture. It helps in quick marinating and also enhances the tenderness of the wings.
- Now, take a baking dish. I use a 9-inches by 13-inches dish in my kitchen. You can use a slightly bigger dish as well. Now, arrange the chicken wings in a single layer over the dish.
- Pour the marinade over the arranged layer of the chicken wings. Use plastic wrap to cover the wings and the dish properly.
- Put the dish inside the refrigerator for at least 2 to 3 hours. It helps in proper marinating and brings the perfect saucy and juicy feel. I usually marinate for 24 hours, at least.
- Set the oven at 375°F temperature and preheat it for a few minutes. Now, put the baking dish inside the microwave oven.
- You have to continue baking the wings until it has no pink portion visible. Ideally, the baking time will be around 1 hour. I suggest you check the wings after 50 minutes.
I suggest you start inspecting the wings after 50 minutes for the proper doneness. Also, use a tong to flip over the wings after 50 minutes. It helps in quick cooking. Please don’t remove the wings until there’s no pink portion left on them.
Dos and Don'ts:
- You don’t need to air-fry the wings. The baking keeps the tenderness at an optimum level.
- You may consider adding some oil before you start the baking procedure.
Helpful kitchen tools:
- A microwave oven with multiple settings will be the key to marinated and baked chicken wings. Also, it accomplishes different recipes too.
- The baking dish should be nonstick. Otherwise, it runs the risk of burning the wings while baking.
How to marinate chicken wings /Marinating chicken wings
The marinated chicken wings are the perfect starter menu. If you marinate the wings overnight, you can insert the wings in the oven and enjoy your favorite program on TV. Meanwhile, the wings will be ready for serving. You may garnish it with parsley and serve it with potato salads for an enjoyable evening or date time with your long-time partner. Check out the more chicken wings here (https://www.fryerly.com/best-chicken-wings/).