Are you looking for a new way to bake cupcakes? Try these simple recipes using air fryers from our kitchen range. The air fryer is very popular due to its versatility and ease of use. This device is also known to retain the natural flavors of food better than a conventional oven or stovetop method. So why don't you give them a try?
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cups cocoa powder( For Air fryer Chocolate Cupcakes)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- One tablespoon Butter
- Two eggs
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger
For Frosting (Can skip)
cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar
Pre heat Air fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees. Set the timer for 10-12 minutes, depends on how many cupcakes you're cooking at once.
Here are some ways to check if it is ready:
Ensure there is no smoke coming out of the unit when you turn it on (this means there's moisture inside that could cause an electrical fire). If you see smoke, turn off your appliance and allow it to cool down before proceeding with another test.
Check the temperature setting: If it is below 350 degrees Fahrenheit, set your timer and wait until it reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit before adding anything else into the air fryer basket (this can take anywhere from 5-20 minutes).
Mix Dry Ingredients
Now that your cupcake liners are in place, it's time to mix up the batter.
In a large bowl, you should mix:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Nutmeg & Cinnamon
Add Wet Ingredients
- I prefer a whisk, but you can also use a spatula or wooden spoon, whatever works best for you.
- Mix the butter, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add milk, baking soda, and powder to the mixture.
- Stir in flour until thoroughly combined.
- Now your cupcakes are ready to go in the oven.
Scoop the batter into Paper cupcake liners
- Scoop the batter into paper liners.
- Take an ice cream scoop and fill each liner halfway, or just enough to cover the bottom of the paper cupcake liner. You can use a cookie scoop instead.
- This will make removing them from your air fryer easy without breaking them (and wasting all that delicious cake).
- You can also use Silicone Muffin Cups here. Silicone Muffin cups are safe here.
Set the Timer
- Once you've added your cupcakes to the air fryer basket, set the timer for 8-10 minutes. Cooking time actually depend on the size of your air fryer and how many cupcakes you have in there.
- Keep an eye on them. Check the doneness at around 7 minutes with a toothpick or knife to ensure they're not getting too done on top before moving on to cooking them all through.
- If they look like they need more Baking time in the fryer (they should be golden brown evenly across), turn up that dial another notch and keep going until they reach perfection. For example, if it took me 10 minutes for one batch (4 cupcakes), I might only need 5 minutes for two sets (8 cupcakes).
- So don't worry if yours are browned perfectly after only 8 minutes of cooking time. Check them every couple of minutes, so no one gets burned by an overcooked batch of deliciousness.
Frost cooled cupcakes (Can Skip)
- Let it cool completely. Then remove it from the silicone cups. It's pretty easy to remove the cupcakes from a silicone cup. For frosting, combine cream cheese, butter, and powdered brown sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Then Add the milk and beat well. You can skip this part.
- Serve Your Cupcakes
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge.
About Frosting Methods
There are different types of frosting out there. Some people love buttercream, while others prefer cream cheese frosting. If you're looking for something simple, try making homemade buttercream frosting. For those who want to make a special occasion feel extra special, here is our favorite:
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese
Combine all of them in a medium mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed or whisker until smooth. Then Add milk and beat well.
How to store air fryer cupcakes
Air fryer cupcakes are a fantastic winter snack. They're easy to create and taste like cupcakes.
Make sure your Air Fryer Cupcakes are cold, then cover and refrigerate them in an airtight container. About 3-4 days. Frost before serving for optimal results.
Recipe tips for making air fryer cupcakes
Air frying is one of those cooking techniques where you throw everything into the air fryer and let it do its thing. You should know few things about how to cook air-fried food properly.
- One of the most important factors is ensuring that you don't overmix the batter. If you overdo it, you risk toughening up your cupcakes, mainly if you use store-bought mixes.
- The best way to avoid overworking the gluten is to ensure that you don't add too much flour. If you keep adding small amounts of flour, you won't end up with dry cupcakes.
- You don't want to go overboard with the cream butter, either. Make sure that you buy high-quality Cream butter. Even though it might cost a little more, it will pay off in the end. The better the Cream butter, the better your air-fried cupcakes will turn out.
- Finally, make sure that you choose the correct size pan. Air fryers come in different sizes, and you want to ensure that yours is big enough to fit your entire batch of batter. A 12-inch pan works well for most recipes.
Steps to Make Air Fryer Cupcakes (FAQs)
1. Can you make an air fryer cupcake with any cake mix?
You can definitely use any type of cake mix for this recipe, even one you buy yourself at the store. But it's an easy way to bake up some fun seasonal cupcakes. And since you're baking in the air fryer, there's no mess to clean up.
2. Can you put Silicone liners in an air fryer?
Yes, you can use Silicone liners for air frying. However, when using them, be careful not to let the food touch the liner itself. This will cause the liner to become stained and discolored. Instead, place the food inside the liner first, then add oil to cover the entire surface area. Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes.
3. How long should I put a cake in the air fryer?
Most cakes stay fresh for about 2 hours in the air fryer at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Can I put a silicone baking cup in an air fryer?
Yes, you can use silicone baking cups for baking cupcakes in air fryers. Silicone is safe for traditional, regular ovens and other cooking devices. However, do not leave any food inside the silicone baking cup when using the air fryer.
5. Can you put aluminum foil in an air fryer?
Yes, you can use aluminum foil in an air fryer. However, you should be careful when using foil because it may cause damage to the heating element inside the air fryer.
Also, do not place the foil directly on top of the food, but instead wrap the food first, then cover the food with the aluminum foil.
6. Can you put a metal muffin pan in an air fryer?
Yes, you can put a metal muffin tin in an air fryer. But you will need to use a nonstick baking sheet instead of a regular one. And don't forget to grease the inside of the muffin tins.
7. How do I Pre Heat my air fryer?
To preheat your air fryer, turn off all power to the unit and wait about 30 seconds for the temperature gauge to drop to zero. Then, start cooking at normal temperatures.
So there you have it! The recipe is super easy to follow, and the results are delicious. If you try this recipe out, let us know how it goes. We'd love to hear from our readers. Don't forget to share this post with your friends and family on social media.