Fried or baked chicken wings idea is great. But smoked wings with buffalo style are greater!
Don’t get me wrong. I love both baked and fried wings, but nothing comes close to smoked hot chicken wings-literally when it comes to a new flavor and a change for the taste buds. However, the secret to getting the most delicious and flavorful wings is to dry them so that there’s no water. Finally, you need to smoke and then sear them.
You have to smoke the chicken wings in low-heat and slowly to get the best flavor and aroma out of it that none can ignore.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: Approximately 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Cooking difficulty: Intermediate
Servings: 4 people
Each serving of the buffalo-style chicken wings smoke version delivers 290 calories, cholesterol 62mg, 10 grams of protein, 18.5 grams of fats, and only 11 grams of carbohydrates with 143mg sodium.You will need ingredients for the dry rub wings and then the sauce. So, let’s see what you will need to prepare the smoky flavored chicken wings.
Ingredients for dry rub:
- 1-2/1 teaspoon of black pepper, Cajun seasoning, garlic, and ginger powder mixed with each
- 2-1/2 pounds of medium-sized chicken wings
- Kosher salt according to taste
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1 cup of hot pepper or chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup of butter
- 1/8 teaspoon of fresh garlic powder
- Salt according to taste
The cooking steps are-
Once you are ready with the items, you can follow these steps to cook the chicken wings.
- Take a medium bowl and add the garlic and ginger powder, Cajun seasoning, black pepper, and Kosher salt. Blend them properly to prepare the dry rub.
- Preheat, the smoker at 225°F temperature. If you are using the smoker for the 1st time, don’t forget to read the user manual for safety and proper use purposes.
- Once the dry rub is ready, coat the chicken wings with it. You should cut the wings in the joints and leave a tip for different use.
- Continue cooking the chicken wings in the smoker for 1 hour until it becomes tender and juicy.
- In a saucepan, add all the ingredients such as Worcestershire and red pepper sauce. Add the butter and cook it in low heat so that the butter melts.
- You have to stir the sauce continuously until it becomes smooth and thick textured.
- Now, preheat your grill in medium heat. Use cooking oil to spray over the grate.
- Now coat the chicken wings with the sauce and sear them in the grill grate. You have to cook them until it turns brown.
- Finally, coated the grilled chicken wings with the remaining hot pepper sauce.
The key to hot and properly smoked chicken wings is to simmer them in low heat. Make sure it still has the juiciness in it.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Continuously flip over the sauce coated chicken wings on the grill grate to ensure that both sides are cooked properly.
- The smoked wings must be juicy and tender. Don’t smoke them in high heat; otherwise, the juice would disappear.
What makes this recipe different?
The combination of smoky flavor with hot pepper sauce taste sets apart this recipe from chicken fries and baking items. It has a nice flavorsome feel.
How to smoke perfect chicken wings
The smoked chicken hot wings will burst into the mouth with spice, crispness, and chili taste with each bite. You will appreciate how it spreads into your entire taste buds and leaves you in a place of heavenly yumminess. You can eat them with rice, tortillas or separately as snacks. Check more chicken wings recipes here. (https://www.fryerly.com/best-chicken-wings/)