But can you dare to make the chicken nuggets? Can home ingredients taste the same as restaurants? Yes, this is possible with simple and easy steps! In this article, we are going to tell you about the recipe. Now, you make Popeyes style chicken nuggets at home.
Prep time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Cooking difficulty: Tricky
Serving: 4 servings
Nutrition Information: per serving
- Calories: 230
- Cholesterol: 13%
- Total Fat: 22%
- Saturated Fat: 30%
- Trans Fat: 1.0g
- Dietary Fiber: 4%
- Protein: 22%
- Total Carbohydrates: 5%
- Sodium: 15%
Ingredients: 4 servings
- two-pound chicken breast
- two cups flour
- three eggs
- one tablespoon paprika
- One teaspoon cayenne pepper
- one teaspoon salt
- two cups of buttermilk
- One tablespoon chili powder
- one tablespoon black pepper (optional)
- Slice the chicken breasts into bite-sized nuggets.
- Take a bowl, mix buttermilk with hot sauce.
- Place chicken pieces into the buttermilk mixture.
- Freeze them for one to two hours in a container.
- After that, get the nuggets out from the mixture.
- Wipe them with paper towels.
- Meanwhile, set the cooking temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Combine flour, salt, and seasonings in a bowl.
- Beat egg and hot sauce together in another bowl.
- put the nuggets in the flour mixture.
- then dip in the egg mixture.
- Again coat with the flour mixture.
- Fry them in the frying basket for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Flip halfway and fry until golden brown texture.
- Serve warm with dipping.
- For a spicy flavor, mix some red chili flakes and cayenne pepper in the flour mixture.
- Sprinkle cajun seasoning for a smoky flavor.
Dos and Don'ts:
- If you want to eat later, store the chicken nuggets in the freezer.
- Reheat the frozen nuggets in a non-stick pan. The microwave will hamper the crispiness.
Making Chick-Fil-A Nuggets at Home | But Better
Chicken nuggets are loved because of the crispiness of the chicken. And if nuggets are from Popeyes, then you can understand the taste quality. Now, you can make the Popeyes style chicken nuggets. Use an air fryer or oven.
Enjoy the chicken nuggets (https://www.fryerly.com/best-chicken-nuggets/) with homemade honey mustard deep sauce. Or you can try them with sautéed vegetables like broccoli, carrots, potatoes, and peas. These chicken nuggets are perfect for the meal or any occasion.