Its crisp and juicy sweetness will add some extra taste to chicken thighs. Down below, we have shared a proper way of cooking this dish. From this article, you can be confident in making healthy and yummy chicken thighs for tiffin or dinner and so on. You will love to cook with the recipe below. This nutritious dish with an attractive flavor will impress you all the time.
Best Orange Chicken Thighs Recipes
- Measurement cups and spoons
- Cutting board and knife
- Mixing bowls
- Large saucepan or deep fryer
- Medium-sized spoon for frying
- 8 pcs Chicken thighs
- 1 Orange zested
- 1 Cup Orange juice
- ¼ Cup Rice vinegar
- ⅓ Cup Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Use a nonstick cooking spray in a 9×13 pan. Add some orange slices for additional taste, if you want.
- Take a small saucepan and add the orange juice with rice vinegar, orange zest, soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes. Then bring a bowl and reduce the heat to medium-low temperature. You need to simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken thighs skin in the prepared baking dish and then pour the glazed half over the thighs of the chicken.
- It's time to cook in the oven and it will take about 30 minutes. Pour the rest of the glaze over the chicken thighs.
- Cook for extra 15-20 minutes so that the skin can look delicious. It will get browned and crisp.
- The dish is ready to serve.
You can serve this delicious dish with coconut rice on the side. It’s so easy to make.
- Just take one and a half cups of rice. Add in 1 cup of water and 2 cups of coconut milk.
- Then cover it and prepare the flame to start cooking. Fix the heat to low while cooking for 15 minutes. You can have this nutritious dish for dinner. Besides, the normal reheating process is also super easy. Before reheating it, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray oil in the baking dish. Then you can serve the warm chicken thighs and the taste will be the same, juicy and crispy.
Dos and Don’ts:
You can serve the baked thighs with fresh orange slices. If you want more crispiness, then add additional oil. But don’t spray more oil in the baking dish, if you want less crispiness. Overcooking can hamper the look and taste as well. So, avoid overcooking the chicken thighs. You can store the remaining baked chicken thighs in the refrigerator.
If you do not like to have the dish with coconut rice, avoid the part. You can use boneless skinless thighs for this meal, but the juiciness and crisp skin will not be the same. So, it is better to follow our main recipe. Besides, you can add some orange slices to the bottom of the baking dish while cooking. But you can skip this part as it is optional.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use boneless chicken thighs for this recipe?
Yes, you can use boneless chicken thighs for this recipe, but the texture and flavor may be slightly different. Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs will give you a juicier and crispier result.
Can I substitute the orange juice with something else?
If you don’t have orange juice, you can try using pineapple juice or even apple juice as a substitute. This will give a slightly different flavor to the dish but will still be delicious.
Can I make this dish in advance?
Yes, you can make the chicken thighs in advance and store them in the refrigerator for a few days. When reheating, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and warm them for about 10-15 minutes until heated through.
Can I use this glaze for other meats or vegetables?
Yes, you can definitely use this glaze for other meats such as pork or even tofu. It would also be delicious on roasted vegetables like carrots or Brussels sprouts.
Can I use a different type of vinegar instead of rice vinegar?
If you don’t have rice vinegar, you can use apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar as a substitute. However, keep in mind that the flavor profile may be slightly different.
We have tried to share with you the simplest recipe of orange chicken thighs that is so delicious and full of nutrition. This amazing dish is a great combination of crisp and sticky. The sweet and sour flavor of orange adds an extraordinary taste to chicken thighs.
Our recipes are specially for those who love cooking but become confused about the process. So, follow our original recipe and prepare the restaurant-style orange chicken thighs at home. To get more Best Chicken Thighs recipe (https://www.fryerly.com/best-chicken-thighs-recipes/), stay with us.
Welcome to Cooking Hacks, a place for all the food lovers out there! I have always been passionate about cooking and finding new ways to make it easier and more enjoyable.