Miso chicken is a delightful and healthy dish. Once you have it, you find it hard to forget. The taste will last in your mouth craving for more. So, are you ready to learn a new Miso chicken thighs recipe today?
If you like eating chicken teriyaki, this will also taste better for you. They can replace it easily. Also, there are different ways to prepare chicken thighs using miso.
Renee loves to try different cuisines from time to time. Sometimes she even cooks recipes she likes. Not long ago she had Japanese food. She learned about miso chicken from there and loved the strong flavor of it. Now she tries to have them whenever she gets the chance.
We are going to provide you a simple yet mouthwatering recipe. It will be easy to cook. The cooking process will be less complex as well.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Cooking difficulty: Easy
Serving: 6-7 persons
- Per 100g chicken thighs - 177 calories, Fat - 8g, Saturated Fat 2.3g, Cholesterol 135 mg, and Protein 24g
- White Miso Paste - 20 calories
- Sugar - 96 calories
- Honey - 128 calories
- Chicken thighs with skin and bone - 4/4.5 pounds
- White Miso paste - 2 tbsp
- Honey - 2 tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 3 tbsp
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Hot sauce - 1tbsp (Optional)
- Kosher salt - According to taste
- Lemon - 1 ( Cut into wedges)
This dish is simple and easy to cook. Even a beginner can do it. To taste the best chicken thighs (https://www.fryerly.com/best-chicken-thighs-recipes/) using miso, simply follow the steps below-
- At first, you need to marinate the chicken thighs. For that take a bowl. Mix the miso paste with honey. Then add rice vinegar, sugar, hot sauce, and salt to the mixture. Use a whisker for mixing them.
- When done, add the chicken thighs. Toss them until they are coated well. Leave it to marinate for a minimum of 1.5-2 hours.
- Next, you need to preheat the grill you are going to use. It should be 350° F over indirect heat.
- Place the chicken thighs on the grill and cover them for 15 minutes. After that, flip it and again cover for another 15 minutes.
- Lastly, do the flipping one more time with the same interval. While doing so, brush the extra marinate juice on the chickens. It will add extra flavor.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes before serving. Plate them with lemon wedges for squeezing on the top of the chicken before eating.
- Your dish is complete and ready to enjoy.
- When you marinate the chicken thighs, make some small slashes. It will help the ingredients to mix well during the marination process.
- The chicken will taste to the fullest if you can marinate them overnight or at least 12 hours.
Dos and Don'ts:
- Make sure you do flip the chicken a few times in the grill to avoid burning them. It should be golden, crispy outside, and juicy inside.
- Do use indirect heat while grilling. If not possible, place coals on one side and the chicken on the other side.
- Do not mix excess ingredients to use later. Always prepare a new mixture for marinating.
Miso Marinated Chicken Thigh
If you love to try out different cuisines, Miso chicken thighs are a must. It is rich in nutrition with great taste. With simple ingredients, you can easily cook them at home.
There are different types of miso. Depending on the recipe, you can use the one that fits well. Usually, dark color pastes have a stronger taste than light color ones.
As a common and popular food around the world, different chicken recipes are available. The recipe sources are also wide. So, to add another one to your inventory, try out this dish. You will not be disappointed.