After I started living away from I used to bombard my mom with loads of cooking questions. Once I asked her, “Can you send me 100% guaranteed chicken recipes?” She sent me some of her Martha Stewart fried chicken recipe.
My mother adores Martha S. and her cooking styles. I grew up on those flavors and they had been an integral part of my childhood. Stewart’s cooking style established itself as a classic since she started marketing the.
Moreover, fried chicken is a signature dish of American cuisine. I can’t hope to do it justice like Miss Martha. But I want to share a few of my favorite chicken recipes.
Foolproof Fried Chicken Recipe
Basic Instructions before Cooking
Ingredients are the pillars of every meal. Fresh ingredients will elevate your dish and enrich your palate. They can turn every bite into a piece of heaven.
If the star of the night is chicken, please ensure the chicken is fresh. It is better to buy them from your local farmer’s market. It certifies the quality of the chicken.
The day you are preparing the food is the best day to buy raw chicken. If you are shopping from the supermarket, look at the expiration date to be sure it is not rotten. The best pieces to buy are the leg and thigh pieces.
They tend to remain juicy, unlike breast pieces. However, breast pieces soak up the marinate more than any other parts of the chicken. Taking proper steps when working with chest pieces can turn it into a tasty fried chicken!
Still, it doesn’t matter all that much if you use the full chicken. The important thing is to have an idea of how much chicken needs how much oil. Salt is also important because too much or too little of it can ruin the whole thing.
- Take ten pieces of chicken where each part weighs two to three pounds. You can cut it into a smaller size to easily portion them. To make the chicken soft, we will soak it overnight.
- You will have to take out a bowl and fill it with ten cups of room temperature or cold water. Add two tablespoon of salt to that (coarse salt is better than table salt). Mix it with a spoon.
- Put the chicken in such a way that the water covers the pieces. Cover it with cling wrap and refrigerate it. Let it sit in the fridge for a minimum of four hours.
- Then, dry the chicken on paper towels.
- After that, take another bowl and pour two cups of room temperature buttermilk into that. Whisk it for some time. Add 1 tsp of salt and dry mustard with ½ tsp of cayenne and black pepper.
- Place the chicken in this mixture and let it rest.
- Now it is time to mix the dry ingredients. Martha Stewart fried chicken recipe call for 1 ½ cups flour, 2tbsp cornmeal, 1tsp salt, ½ tsp cayenne, and 1 tsp pepper. Whisk them till they are well-integrated.
- Remove the pieces from the wet mixture and coat it with the dry concoction. Place them in a tray or wire rack.
- Then, we have to take out a large pot and fill it halfway with sunflower oil. We will use a deep-fry thermometer to see when it reads 350 degrees F. When it does, start frying them in batches.
- The cooking temperature should be above 340 degrees F but not by much.
- We will drain the excess oil with napkins and paper towels. It is advisable to serve it while it is hot.
Pan-fried Chicken with Mushroom
You should use skinless breast pieces for this as it is not a crunchy sort of fried meal. Plus, this piece cooks fast and is a quick ready-to-eat dish. For convenience’s sake, you can use boneless chicken but it’s not a must-follow step.
The first step is to season cornflour with salt, black pepper, and rosemary/thyme. Twirl a spoon to combine them and dip the chicken in it. Then, put a frying pan on the stove.
When it is warm, add a slice of butter. The next step is to sear the chicken until it is golden brown. You have to pick it up using a tong and place it in a napkin.
Add more butter, roughly chopped garlic, diced onion, and sliced mushroom to the pan. Button mushrooms (or other small mushrooms) are preferable in this case. Fry it for a minute then, add a cup of water.
Drop a chicken stock cube and season it. Reduce the liquid is in half and pour it over the chicken along with the mushrooms and onions.
Voila! Your pan-fried chicken with mushroom is ready.
Fried Chicken Tenders
It is almost the same recipe as fried chicken. But, we dunk the chicken in an egg mixture after the flour one. Then, coat it with a cereal mixture (ground some pulse cereal and a little oil).The last step is to bake it till the color is golden brown. A dip made of sour cream, mustard, and honey is perfect to enjoy this.
Fried Chicken Brine
Saltwater is called brine. Brine fried chicken has a salty-sweet tang to it. Alas, it is not as crispy as a regular fried chicken but it is tasty nonetheless.Place the chicken in a wire rack and do it for all of the pieces. Fry in the same way you did for the fried chicken.
You can enjoy it hot or cold. Place a saucepan on the stove. Add a cup of water, two bay leaves, 2/3 cup coarse salt, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/3 molasses, and some fresh thyme.
Stir it until the brining stuff is dissolved. Then, add it to seven cups of cold water in a big baking dish. Take ten pieces of chicken as you did before.
Put the chicken in the brine blend and be certain that it is covering them. It needs to be refrigerated for some time (at least 8 hours) or a day.
In a bowl add 2/3 ground cornmeal, 2/3 flour, 1 tsp chili flakes, and ½ tsp salt. Mix it by hand. Then, break four eggs into a bowl and whisk them.
Drain the chicken and pat it dry. Pick up a chicken piece with a tong and press both sides to the flour mixture. Dip it into the egg mix and then again into the flour.
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Take two pieces of white bread or a bun and lightly toast it. Smear a little honey-mustard drizzle on the inside and add the fried chicken. The chicken should be fried according to previous recipes.You can add lettuce and other condiments according to your needs.
Martha Stewart Makes Chicken Wings Three Different Ways
Martha Stewart fried chicken recipe will help you to make crunchy, delicious food even if you are an amateur cook. The steps are easy to follow and it gives you a basic idea of how to fry things.
It is also hard to ruin fried chicken. Practicing these recipes will help you build up your self-confidence. The ingredients are common too.
Miss Martha is an American home cook icon and it is to her I owe my dinner party successes. Her chicken recipes are a godsend to busy worker bees like me. Simple meals like them can be done by a tired person with no extra effort!