Cornbread is very simple to prepare, but like other recipes, it takes organization and time to make it.
People who have no times, they can make cornbread mix very easily and saving times.
Most of the brands make a consistency reliable cornbread, but some addition may make it moister, sweeter and more homemade.
There are lots of ways to make cornbread sweeter. The easiest and obvious one is to add more sugar.
It is very effective; other sweeteners may aid make the cornbread moisteners, a word which means they hold moisture from the surrounding atmosphere.
Though the amounts are minimal, it can keep the cornbread moisture for long period of the day or two.
Most of the cornbread hold little fat, compare with cupcakes and cakes. They do not have much palatable, but the little amount of fat may make the cornbread moisture and richer.
One egg is enough to make cornbread. To make the mixture richer, you can add the yolk of the second egg.
The more egg yolk may aid the batter to incorporate up to one by three cup of more melted butter, vegetable oil, and other fat.
Other Moistening Ingredients
People like to add some moistening ingredients to improve the taste of the finished product. Most of these areas may be used to the box mixes.
A can of creamed corn is the normal choice of them. Adding moisture and flavor may develop the taste of the cornbread.
The other preferences are heavy cream, sour cream, plain yogurt and shredded zucchini and other vegetables.
Corn meals have the desire to absorb moisture from the batter, the grainy meal softening and swelling.
One way to prepare the cornbread moister is left the batter to keep for at least 20 to 30 minutes before bake it, gives the cornmeal time to absorb moisture from the batter.
You may add some milk to regain the batter to original consistency and finally bake normally.
Sweet jiffy cornbread recipe with honey
- Two (7.5 Oz) packages corn bread Mixture (like Jiffy®)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream 3 tbsp honey
- Two eggs
- Two tbsp white sugar
- Three tbsp butter
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Mix corn bread mixture, milk, sour cream, honey, and eggs in a bowl until batter is well blended yet slightly lumpy; allow to rest for 5 minutes. Fill muffin cups 3/4 filled with batter. Lightly sprinkle each muffin with sugarlevels.
- Bakke in the preheated oven until muffins are golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Brush tops of muffins with melted butterrepeat cleansing crackers with butter 2 to 3 times.