For most of us on the south side, a meal served on the table goes with a plate of cornbread. The taste of a jiffy cornbread makes it a no-brainer for most of us on the Southside.
The love for corn read extends to other parts as well. But, the nightmare of anyone who prepares cornbread is to have it crumbly and dry after the whole stress.The recipe turns out to be an excellent way to make jiffy cornbread better. You do not want to miss out on the goodness of moist jiffy cornbread.
This article presents hacks that help you with how to make jiffy cornbread moist.
We prepared a boxed recipe that is mainly homemade. A little more ingredients to go along with the formula will do a world of good also.
What Is Jiffy Cornbread?
A jiffy cornbread is a fantastic recipe that goes well with different meals. Whether it is a vegetable beef soup or any supper at all, a jiffy cornbread is a right side serve.This side meal is a product of cornmeal and flour to deliver a cakelike essence. Whether it is the sweetened kind or the rustic, unsweetened one, it is always a fantastic recipe.
Jiffy Cornbread Recipe
The thrilling part of this fantastic recipe is how easy it is. With just a few straightforward steps, you have your Jiffy cornbread ready.
For those complaining about the added sweetness of the jiffy cornbread, the sour cream is the solution. The sour cream reduces the sweetness a little bit but remarkably.
For that cake-like effect, sweet cornbread lovers yearn for, adding tablespoons of sugar to the better does no harm. Know that, even without the addition of this sugar, the recipe has that extra sweetness. The only difference is that this addition creates that cake-like essence we all love.
Forgo the steps provided on the boxed mix. All you must do is pretty straightforward.
Preheat your oven to as high as 400° F.
Create a mixture of all of the needed ingredients needed in this recipe. Make sure the combination is by hand. The mix is not ready until it has a smooth feel.
After this mixture is set, pour it into a baking pan with a 9×9 size dimension. After that, put the pan inside your oven for a good cook. The baking can go on for about ½ an hour.
This process saves you time to do other cooking at the same time. So, you can make your jiffy cornbread as you cook your family dinner.
Note the following tips to help get a better result.
- Make use of hot bacon grease to grease that baking pan before use. Add the grease in few tablespoons and allow it sizzle in the oven. When it gets sizzling, remove the pan and coat the entire pan with the sizzled oil.
- In a case where there is no Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix available, ensure the packages you use are sufficient for 12 servings.
- A melted butter topping or drizzled honey topping for your jiffy cornbread will come in handy before serving.
Jiffy Cornbread Ingredients
- Two boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Melted Butter
- Two-third (2/3) Cup of Milk
- 2 cup of Sour Cream
- 2 Eggs
- Half Cup of Vegetable Oil
- Two tablespoons of sugar.
How To Make Jiffy Cornbread More Moist
(Step by Step Process)
This section will be your guide on how to make jiffy cornbread moist and sweet. It will take you just five minutes to prepare, and a cook in time of thirty minutes follows. That makes a total of thirty-five minutes to make jiffy cornbread moist.
Moist jiffy cornbread contains a total of two hundred and thirty-one calories (231 kcal). Follow these necessary steps to make jiffy cornbread moist.
- Let your oven preheat up to a temperature of 400° F.
- Mix 2 boxes of the Jiffy Mix with milk and two eggs in a big bowl.
- The sour cream and vegetable oil go in afterward. The addition of This ingredient is where the moisture lies. Ensure the mixture get a perfectly smooth feel.
- Add the tablespoons of sugar next. This step is not compulsory for everyone. This addition only adds that extra sweetness that brings the cake taste to life.
- Move the mixture into a casserole dish or a baking pan with a 9×9 dimension. And straight into the oven where it spends a total of thirty minutes.
- Inserting a toothpick in the middle is the best way to know if it is ready. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is ready.
Is Jiffy Cornbread Gluten-Free?
The absolute truth is that jiffy corn reads are not gluten-free. This recipe has a primary ingredient, which is their corn muffin mix.This corn muffin mix is wheat flour, and so, it is not gluten-free. You can try out other cornbread mixes. Bob’s Red Mill cornbread mix is similar in quality, and it is gluten-free. King Arthur’s flour is purely gluten-free, and for me, that’s the best.
Can I Reheat Cornbread?
First, you can reheat cornbread quickly using different cooking methods. You can warm cornbread, making use of an oven. You can use a stove also, and a microwave.The oven is your best option when it concerns reheating your cornbread even though a microwave takes the least time.
Cooking 101: Cornbread (Jiffy) Video
How To Make Jiffy Cornbread Moist FAQs
1. What Other Alternatives Do I Have For A Less Crumbly Cornbread?
Replace the milk or water content on the recipe with creamed corn. Another option is the addition of more vegetable oil or butter. That adds to the moistness.
2. What Are The Best Add-Ins On My Cornbread?
Try the following add-ins. They come out just perfectly. Green Chile cheese, apple sage, or maple bacon are perfect options.
3. How Can I Fix An Undercooked Cornbread?
Get our oven up to a temperature of 350 degrees. Put in the bread yet again in the oven. Allow it to cook for another twenty minutes. That will work just fine.
4. Can I Refrigerate Cornbread?
There is no need for you to refrigerate your cornbread. Jiffy Cornbreads can stay for two days when exposed. Store it with plastic wraps or in a heavy-duty freezer bag. Refrigeration allows it only up to a week.
5. Can I Add Corn To My Jiffy Mix?You sure can add corn to your jiffy mix. Whether it is canned, fresh, or frozen, any kernels fit. Fresh sweet corn is my favorite, anyways. 2/3 cup of corn is just perfect.
We hope with the information exposed in this article, and you now know how to make jiffy cornbread moist.
There is nothing better than a moist jiffy cornbread recipe. Even my words cannot do enough justice to the goodness of the most jiffy cornbread.
Fortunately, this article will help you arrive at the best version of that lovely recipe. There is something perfect to go along with your meals, whether it is a Sunday dinner or any other meal.We hope you learned enough on how to make jiffy cornbread moist and sweet. For now, stay jiffy!