Japanese chicken wings are popularly known as Na-go-ya style Tebasaki chickens. It comes with a glazed coating and offers the crispiest skin. It is made with bone-in wings instead of boneless wings, which are different from other chicken wings preparations.Although it doesn’t have any crispy coating, its double frying makes the wings super-crispy while containing the tangy feel of soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and pepper powder for one of a kind taste.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Cooking difficulty: Easy
Servings: 6 people
You will get 18.9 grams of protein, 51 grams of low-carb carbohydrates, 44.3 grams of fat, and 675 calories.
Ingredients for the chicken wings:
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 3.5 pounds of chicken wings
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon of butter
- ½ cup of cooking oil
Ingredients for the sauce:
- ½ cup of soy sauce and water each
- 1 cup of white sugar
- ½ cup of fresh white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of garlic, ginger, and black pepper
The cooking steps are-
Once you have arranged the cooking ingredients properly, you can follow these steps.
- Since you will use bone-in wings, you need to cut them accordingly. This time we will use the chicken wings tip also which is usually avoided for wings recipes.
- You have to cut the wings in half and make sure the cut is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs and dip the wings in it. Then, coat it slightly with the all-purpose flour. It helps you to get the crispy and golden-brown chicken wings at ease.
- Now, please take a deep skillet and pour the entire butter in it. Use medium to high heat to warm up the butter until it melts.
- Then, pour the chicken wings in the butter and start frying them. You have to continue cooking until it turns deep brown.
- Place the deep-fried chicken wings in a roasting pan. These are the best chicken wings fried for the next steps.
- In another bowl, mix the garlic, ginger, and black pepper with the soy sauce.
- Add vinegar and water and cook it for two minutes on low heat. Then, pour it over the cooked wings.
- Preheat your oven at 375°F temperature and arrange the chicken wings in a single layer.
- Cook the wings for another 40 minutes and pour the sauce over them frequently.
These chicken wings are the crispiest without much coating. Thus, you get the authentic taste of the chicken skin. You can eat it as an evening snack or along with the main dish.
Some chefs use starch to condensate the sauce. You can use corn starch for this purpose, but it is not mandatory.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Flip over the wings continuously to avoid burning on one side.
- Use the sauce to get the tangy flavor. Use them frequently throughout the second frying phase.
Tebasaki (Japanese Chicken Wings)
The Japanese chicken wings are the true flag bearer of world-famous Japanese culinary. Its crispy feel with a bursting of tangy flavor inside the mouth is awesome. It is also nutritious and contains no harmful ingredients.
The preparation is easy, and the addition of egg brings high nutritional value too. When you invite friends for a weekend party, don’t forget to welcome them with these fantastic appetizer.