The most important part of masala chicken wings is the marinating process. You have to marinate the wings with Indian spices hours before you can actually cook them. You can use an air fryer, oven, or grill for baking or frying these wings.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 14 minutes
Marinating time: 4 hours
Servings: 6 to 8 people
Nutrition: 75 calories; 5.8 grams of protein, 5.5 grams of low-carb fat, 1 grams carbohydrates, and 17.5 mg of cholesterol
The ingredients are:
- 4 pieces of chicken wings. The tips should be discarded.
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin and coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon of finely ground cardamom, black pepper, and hot chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ground garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- A few pieces of lemon slices
- 1/8 tablespoon of turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of finely grated ginger and garlic
The steps are:
- At first, you will have to prepare the masala for the chicken wings. So, take a dry pan and put it on the stove or cooker on low heat. Now add the garlic and ginger paste, and then add the other ingredients one by one in the pan.
- Stir the mixture until you feel the fragrance of the spices. Once you sense the aroma, add some salt and water to it. Finally, add oil and stir it for a few minutes.
- Then remove the spice paste from the heat. Keep it in a safe place.
- Take another shallow dish. Rub the salt and buffalo sauces over the chicken wings accurately. Use a knife to make some slits on the wings if these are too large. It helps the spice go deep into the meat.
- Now, marinate the chicken wings with the masala spice paste. Use a foil to cover the marinated wings and keep them in the refrigerator for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- You can use an outdoor grill or air fryer for cooking the marinated wings. For the grill, set the temperature at 175°F to preheat it.
- Now insert the chicken wings and grill them until evenly cooked. You should flip them continuously to get an evenly cooked masala spicy wing.
- Use an outdoor grill thermometer to check the temperature. You should find the chicken wings reaching 175°F temperature.
You can serve these Indian masala wings with paratha or steamed rice. Also, you can eat them with tortillas. Check here for more chicken wings recipes.
Easy Indian style chicken wings - Video
Indian masala chicken wings are easy to prepare and cook. Nonetheless, you should marinate them overnight for the best results. It will be a perfect party entertainer during weekends. Also, you can serve them at the dinner table to change your family's taste.