Even though we sometimes make nuggets at home from any leftover ingredients. Most times, we just love to drive through the closest eatery for some chicken nuggets, and of course, we don’t get to finish it all.
Yes, that is what we are talking about today, nugget leftovers. For some reason, we have some leftovers and have to reheat all the bags of frozen chicken nuggets.
Even though reheating nuggets with the microwave is possible, it doesn’t give you the relatively crispy taste as the air fryer does. So let me show you how to reheat some delish chicken nuggets.
Table of Contents
How to Make Reheated Chicken Nuggets in Air Fryer
- Leftover chicken nuggets
- Olive oil: When choosing your olive oil spray, go for those that spritz instead of the aerosol type. The aerosol spray has propellants that can damage the non-stick coating of your air fryer.
First, preheat the air fryer to 350 F or 180C.
Place the nuggets in the air fryer and allow them to cook for three to five minutes or until they are heated through. Or when the inside reads 165 degrees F in an instant temperature. Ensure to arrange nuggets in a single layer in the air fryer tray or basket.
Turn the nuggets halfway through cooking for the other side to cook.
When cooked through, remove nuggets and serve with your favorite dip sauce.
Tips For Making Crispy Nuggets
- Do not add extra oil when reheating nuggets. However, if you want them more crispy, you can add a little amount of oil to them.
- Place nuggets in a single layer and space them to allow sufficient airflow. Do not overcrowd nuggets in the basket.
- You can use leftover nuggets to make new meals. Chop and use them in tacos, salads, wraps, and more.
- If nuggets are frozen, thaw them before cooking.
- Allow nuggets to get to room temperature before reheating.
- Store leftover chicken nuggets in an airtight container and place it in the fridge. Nuggets can stay in the fridge for up to four days.
Can You Store Preheated Nuggets?
It is advised to not store reheated nuggets, instead reheat the quality you need at the moment.
An air fryer is great for reheating nuggets fast. You can also reheat french fries, muffins, and other delicious snacks with the air fryer.
Guess what? When you reheat your nuggets this way, it is going to be your favorite way to warm up any chicken nuggets left over.
Welcome to Cooking Hacks, a place for all the food lovers out there! I have always been passionate about cooking and finding new ways to make it easier and more enjoyable.