The Barefoot Contessa is Ina Garten, and her show of the same name is a cooking program on the Food Network. Her recipes are simple and easy, and her shows are a great way to learn to cook. Ina Garten’s Parmesan Chicken recipe is one of our favorites. It’s a simple recipe that is great to cook for special occasions or Sunday dinner. The chicken is tender and flavorful, and it is a great dish to serve with roasted vegetables or with a side of pasta.
Tired of tasting regular chicken recipes? Let's try something new (https://www.fryerly.com/the-best-chicken-parmesan-recipe/). Ina Garten Parmesan Chicken is for you. It's a healthy dish packed with parmesan cheese and enough nutrients. You'll get the easy steps to follow for cooking this recipe.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Cooking difficulty: Quick and highly impressive
Serving: 6 persons
What are the nutritive values of this tasty chicken recipe?
Servings Per Recipe: 6 persons
- Calories: 561.79 Kcal (2352 kJ)
- Sugars: 1.63 g (7%)
- Total Carbs: 33.49 g (11%)
- Protein: 51.63 g (103%)
- Dietary Fiber: 1.92 g (8%)
- Total Fat: 25 g (38%)
- Cholesterol: 201.97 mg (67% )
- Potassium: 673.29 mg (14%)
- Calories from fat: 225.03 Kcal
- Vitamin A: 0.1 mg (2%)
- Sodium: 1546.02 mg (64%)
- Calcium: 215.3 mg (22%)
- Vitamin C: 0.8 mg (1%)
- Iron: 1.9 mg (11%)
Here, a 2000 calorie diet is used to set up the percent (%) values. Your daily requirements are based on your body size, gender, weight, and so on.
Which ingredients are required to prepare Ina Garten Parmesan Chicken?
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4-6)
- All-purpose flour (1 cup)
- 2 extra-large eggs
- Flavorful dry bread crumbs (1 ¼ cups)
- Good olive oil
- Freshly chopped black pepper (½ tsp)
- Water (1 tbsp)
- Kosher salt (1 tsp)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (½ cup), plus extra for distribution
- 1 recipe Lemon Vinaigrette
- Unsalted butter
- Salad greens for 6, rinsed and whirled dry
- Good olive oil (½ cup)
- Freshly pressed lemon juice (¼ cup or 2 lemons)
- Freshly sliced black pepper (¼ tsp)
- Kosher salt (½ tsp)
What are the easy ways out for making this delicious food?
- Step 1: First, pulverize the chicken breasts to ¼ inch thick.
- Step 2: Add flour, black pepper, and kosher salt to a bowl. Blend them thoroughly.
- Step 3: Take another bowl and whisk egg and 1 tbsp of water together.
- Step 4: In a third bowl mix dry bread crumbs and mashed parmesan together.
- Step 5: Now, it's coating time. Garnish the chicken with the three mixtures one by one. First, drop the chicken pieces into the mixture of flour. Then bend it into the blend of eggs. Latter, plunge the chicken into the bread crumb combination. You can check if the chickens are perfectly covered by pressing.
- Step 6: After coating, take a saute pan, preheat it to medium temperature. Now, you need 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil for frying. Warm them up. Pour the chicken pieces slowly one by one into the hot olive oil. Keep frying them for 2-3 minutes on both sides.
- Step 7: Serve the delicious Ina Garten Parmesan Chicken with green salads and lemon vinaigrette. You can also dish out them with extra ground parmesan.
What are the professional keys to make Ina Garten Parmesan Chicken?
- For making lemon vinaigrettes mix 2 lemons or ¼ cup lemon juice, pepper, and salt together.
- Use freshly pressed lemon juices to avoid contamination.
Dos and Don'ts
- Don't cook for up to 5 minutes. If so the chicken becomes darker.
- Keep the green salads fresh and store them in a freezer.
What are the helpful kitchen tools you will need in this recipe?
- Saute pan
Watch How to Make Ina's Parmesan Chicken
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do you reheat maggiano’s chicken parmesan?
You can reheat maggiano’s chicken parmesan by following the below mentioned steps. Take the chicken parmesan from the freezer and place it inside the microwave. Heat it for 2 minutes at high power. After 2 minutes, turn it over and heat it again for another 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, check the temperature of the chicken parmesan. Heat it again for 1 minute if it is not hot enough. Otherwise, eat it.
2. What sides go good with chicken parmesan?
Chicken parmesan is typically served with pasta and a side of broccoli. Fettuccine Alfredo, linguine with clam sauce, and spaghetti and meatballs taste excellent with chicken parmesan.
3. Are chicken parmesan and chicken parmigiana the same?
Chicken parmesan and chicken parmigiana are different. The chicken parmesan has chicken covered in bread crumbs, covered in marinara sauce and topped with cheese. Chicken parmigiana starts with chicken cutlets covered in bread crumbs. It’s then topped with marinara sauce and cheese and baked in the oven.
4. How do you reheat leftover chicken parmesan?
To reheat leftover chicken parmesan on the stovetop, heat a skillet to medium heat. Heat the olive oil in the pan for one minute. Place your chicken and vegetables in the skillet, and cover. Allow them to reheat for about 10 minutes. To reheat your chicken parmesan in the oven, place the skillet in the oven under a broiling element. Leave it under for 10 minutes and check periodically.
5. Can you freeze leftover chicken parmesan?
Yes, you can freeze chicken parmesan leftovers. Allow the meat to cool first into the refrigerator. Once the meat has cooled, wrap the meat in aluminum foil and place it in a freezer bag.
Ina Garten’s recipe for parmesan chicken is the epitome of simple, delicious, and easy. This chicken recipe requires a mere 15 minutes of actual work, and with only 5 ingredients, it’s hard to go wrong. The chicken is tender, juicy, and crisp on the outside. I wouldn’t consider this an exciting meal. It will be a crowd-pleaser.
Chester’s expertise in air fryer cooking stems from her belief that air frying is one of the healthiest and most convenient cooking methods. Her recipes are designed to make the most of the air fryer’s unique cooking properties, producing crispy and delicious meals without excessive oil.