The crispy honey sriracha chicken wings have the sweetness of honey and the spicy feel of sriracha sauce. The sriracha sauce is widely famous across the US and beyond, thanks to its tangy-sweet taste with an optimal garlic kick.
Today, we will discuss how you can prepare the magic with the favorite chicken wings for a quick and hassle-less home entertainer.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Cooking difficulty: Easy
Servings: 4 people
You will need different ingredients to bake the chicken wings and prepare the honey and glazed sriracha sauce. So, we will describe the ingredients separately for your convenience.
Chicken wings ingredients
- 4-6 pieces of chicken wings approximately 1-1/2 pounds
- 2 tablespoon of almond baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of red smoked paprika, ground black pepper, ginger, and garlic powder
- Kosher salt to taste
- Cooking oil
Ingredients for honey and sriracha glaze-
- ½ cup of honey and sriracha sauce each
- ¼ teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar (adequately seasoned)
- Sesame seeds according to taste
The cooking steps are-
- At first, in a separate bowl, remove the chicken wings tip and cut them at the drumettes joints for baking later.
- In a separate bowl, add the paprika, black pepper, garlic, and ginger powder with the baking powder. Whisk them to blend appropriately.
- Once whisked correctly, sprinkle the baking powder mixture over the chicken wings. Some suggest adding little cooking oil to it.
- Toss the wings to coat evenly on each side. The chicken wings idea for honey sriracha needs to have a proper coating to be baked evenly.
- Set the oven temperature at 425°F to preheat it for 1-2 minutes. Now use aluminum foil and line it with the baking sheet. Finally, place the wire rack over the aligned foil.
- Now place the chicken wings on the already prepared baking sheet in a single layer over the rack.
- Bake the coated chicken wings for 50 minutes at least. You will have to flip over the wings a few times to make sure that all portions are appropriately baked.
- Once you are satisfied with the wings' baking condition, remove them from the oven. Please keep them in a separate bowl.
- In another bowl, add the sesame seed, rice vinegar, honey, and sriracha sauce. Whisk the mixture until it becomes smooth.
- Now, pour the honey glaze over the baked wings to coat them entirely. Sprinkle the remaining sesame seeds over the honey-glazed coated chicken wings before serving.
You should flip over the chicken wings at least 2 to 3 times to prevent burning. Also, use a skewer or over-proof gloves to flip over the wings.
Do's and Don'ts
- Don't use sweet, since it already has a honey mixed glaze.
- Make sure you have whisked the baking powder and honey glaze as finely as possible.
Why this recipe is so good:
It combines the classic chicken wings taste with the sweetness of honey. Then comes the chilly feel of sriracha sauce to burst into your mouth for a flavorful yumminess. All these different flavors make the recipe stand out.
Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings and the Secret to Crispy Baked Wings!
So, this was all about the crispy honey sriracha chicken wings recipe. Its versatile flavors added with mouthwatering taste is simply awesome. You can serve them with sweet potatoes, French fries or alone. Thus, the appetizer can be a perfect kick for the main meal. You may like this all in one chicken wings recipes too.