It’s a good thing to prepare chicken dishes at home if you have enough time for cooking & sufficient ingredients; Greek chicken thighs are one of the most tried dishes in 2021. Therefore, you should know all about the techniques, expert tips, & other things while preparing the special dish.
I never tried to cook that special cuisine in my kitchen, but saw my friend preparing chicken thighs in the Greek style; I was in doubt before tasting those. When I put the cooked items in my mouth, I got lost in the juicy taste & texture of this dish.Anyway, let’s know the necessary things about preparing chicken thighs in the Greek style; are you ready?
How Can You Prepare Greek Chicken Thighs: Find the Steps
First of all, you have to find out what things you will need to cook the chicken thighs; for instance, you have to find local chickens if you’re living in European area. You have to put yogurt, lemon, salt, pepper, some spices for marinating, & some vegetables for cooking besides skinless boneless Greek chicken thighs.
Once you have gathered all the necessary ingredients, you must follow the steps given below; I hope they will help:
- Take the necessary items for marinating, & prepare the mixture for chickens; it will take approximately 15 minutes to prepare.
- You should keep the marinade aside & prepare the chicken thighs; you have to remove the skin, bones, & cut the flesh before or after boiling them.
- In the next step, you have to mix the items with chicken pieces & store them for some time before broiling or frying them; you can keep them for 30 minutes to several hours.
- It will take around 40-45 minutes if you cook the marinade Greek chicken thighs; on the other hand, it will take less time if you want to have baked chicken pieces (20-25 minutes).
- You have to add sauce, mayonnaise, & other garnishing items for plating; anyways, you can taste the gravy & check the texture if it’s perfect or not.
What Are the Nutritive Value of Chicken Thighs in Greek Style: Find Them out
It’s essential to know the nutritive value before you are having it; thus, you will get some ideas about how much you should cook or intake.
The total nutrient quantity should be measured for one serving; let’s check the list of nutrients you will get from a serving of the dish:
- You will get calories around 353 Kcal & 5g carbohydrate from a serving of perfectly cooked or grilled Greek chicken thighs.
- Protein content of one serving is around 37g, Fat is 13g, where 7g is unsaturated; you can get other minerals & vitamins from the cuisine.
What Are the Experts’ Tips for You While Cooking the Greek Chicken Dish?
You must follow some tips while cooking Greek-style chicken fry or curry; please remember the things given below:
- Suppose you have both chicken thighs & breasts in front of you; the confusion begins which one you will choose. The experts always suggest picking the thighs instead of breasts because the previous one brings out better taste & flavor; pick breast pieces only when you don’t have the thighs.
- Secondly, you should try the oven-baked recipes instead of grilling or broiling the Greek thighs; baking may bring out a good taste.
Greek Lemon Chicken & Potatoes Recipe - How to Make Greek Lemon, Garlic & Herb Chicken and Potatoes
Trust me, the Greek chicken thighs are wonderful dishes & quite easy to prepare; if you have guests coming to your house, you can prepare that within an hour. However, you can also watch various YouTube tutorials on making chicken dishes if you want to have delicious foods at home.
Anyway, keep practicing the dishes or recipes; no matter what ingredients you are picking, cook & mix them perfectly as needed.