Costco is one of the most popular shops for different styles of chicken wings. Earlier, they only sold the chicken wings for cooking only. But nowadays, the scenario has changed a lot with their introduction of cooked and readymade Costco chicken wings.
They serve it either in a 10-piece or 30-piece pack and is served with their signature hot sauce, mostly.
If you want to taste the delicacy at home, follow our instructions that came straight out of expert Chef. The recipe is so easy to prepare and cook that you can’t but helps to kick off your cooking career with this chicken wings recipe and get some instant praise.
Prep time: 5-7 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 27 minutes
Cooking difficulty: Novice
Serving: 4 persons
Each serving of this chicken wing will provide you 285 calories, 17.8 grams of protein, 15.9 grams of fat, and 23.4 grams of carbohydrates. It also has a minimal amount of cholesterol and minerals.
You have to prepare ingredients for the hot sauce and wings batter to air fry them for the perfect crispness.
For chicken wings:
- 3 lbs. of Costco chicken wings
- 1 packet of Italian seasoning (It contains onion powder, thyme, parsley, oregano, sugar, black pepper, salt, garlic salt, etc.)
- A few pieces of garlic cloves, mashed.
- 2 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1teaspoon of red paprika powder
For hot sauce:
- 2 Sticks Butter
- 2 tbsp. of granulated Garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Franks Hot Sauce
Now, it’s time to see the cooking steps.
- First, allow the wings to thaw properly. Then rinse them in running water and pat a rug to dry the wings properly.
- In a bowl, add the ingredients for chicken wings with flour and mix them until they become smooth. You don’t need to use too much flour. It's only used to bring the crispness in frying the wings.
- Now, toss the wings to coat evenly with the mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer at 375°F. Then, spray olive oil on the fryer basket and arrange the wings in a single layer.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Use a tong to flip over the wings several times, so each side is fried evenly.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter. Add other ingredients and cook in low heat for 2 to 3 minutes to prepare the sauce.
Serve the wings with sauce. Also, you may add BBQ sauce for an additional flavor. It is eatable as evening snacks, or you may serve it with potato wedges, zucchini fries, etc., to entertain guests.
You can also bake the chicken wings. It will take around 40 minutes to bake properly. We opted for the fries because of their crispness.
Dos and Don'ts:
- You won’t have to add extra spices as the Italian seasoning already contains most of them.
- Make sure the rinsed wings are properly patted and dried. Otherwise, it won’t be crispy.
Useful Kitchen Tools:
- Use the tongs to flip over the wings while frying securely. It allows you to stay away from the heat with safety.
- Also, use the kitchen rug to pat and dry the thawed wings.
- Use a nonstick pan to melt the butter and prepare the sauce. It helps the butter not to get burnt, which may change the taste.
COSTCO CHICKEN WINGS
You won’t have to go to Costco food court anymore to taste their signature Costco chicken wings with the recipe at hand. You can now prepare the item readily at home whenever your appetite wants some yumminess.
Also, you can try other wings recipes (https://www.fryerly.com/best-chicken-wings/) from Costco if you are a foodie. They have three to five different recipes that go well with their meaty wings.