The balsamic-glazed chicken wings have two different preparation processes. Firstly, you have to prepare the coating and secondly, the glaze. So, we will talk about their ingredients separately for the chefs’ convenience.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4 people
Cooking difficulty: Intermediate
Nutrients: 450 calories, 32 grams of low-carb fats, 32.5 grams of carbohydrates, and 95.3 mg of cholesterol for each serving
Ingredients for coating:
- 2 pounds of split and tips discarded chicken wings
- 1-1/2 tablespoon of black pepper (freshly grounded).
- 1 teaspoon of paprika powder
- 3 tablespoons of good-quality baking powder
- Salt according to taste
- Oil spray
Ingredients for glaze:
- ½ cup fresh balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of hot chili sauce, soy sauce, and honey each
- 2 cloves of finely minced garlic
- ¼ tablespoon of cornstarch
- Water as required
The cooking steps are-
- At first, you should air fry the chicken wings. Thus, you have to prepare the coating to air fry them.
- Take a small bowl. Then pour the paprika, black pepper powder, and baking powder in it. Whisk the mixture properly until it blends correctly.
- Now, pour the chicken wings in the whisked baking powder mixture to coat it. Alternatively, you can put the mixture in a thin bag. Then, add the wings in it and shake the bag. It will also coat the wings fully. But coating with the hand permits you to tailor the coating better and evenly.
- Make sure the coating isn’t too thick. If you feel it is thicker than your expectation, remove some coating with the hands.
- Preheat the air fryer carefully at 380°F temperature. Use the oil to spray lightly on the air fryer basket.
- Now, use the oil to spray over the coated chicken wings only slightly. Set the chicken wings in the fryer in a single layer.
- Cook in the preheated temperature for 15 minutes. Finally, increase the heat to 400°F and cook for another 5 minutes until it turns brown and crispy. Use a skewer to flit the chicken wings halfway through the cooking.
- Take another medium saucepan to prepare the glaze. Pour the hot chili sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, and garlic into the saucepan. Also, add some water to it. Cook it in low heat until it boils.
- Continue cooking the sauces mixture for 15 minutes till it reduces to a thick one.
- In another bowl, whisk the cornstarch powder with added water.
- Mix the boiled saucy mixture with the cornstarch mixture. Continue whisking it until it becomes thickened.
- Now pour the air fried chicken wings into the sauce and coat it to glaze.
You should spray the chicken wings only before placing them in the air fryer basket. Don’t spray the oil early, or it will get dried. Check out more chicken wings at https://www.fryerly.com/best-chicken-wings/
Sweet Balsamic Vinegar Chicken Wings In The Oven | Video
You can use lettuce and onion rings to garnish the air fryer balsamic-glazed chicken wings before serving. It would be a great evening snack or main meal when you are in a hurry.