Are fried waffles your favorite side dish? If yes, then you’ll love these Air Fryer Waffles recipes. They’re quick, simple, and delicious.
Fried potatoes and waffles are some of the easiest dishes to cook at home. What makes them unique is their crispy texture and taste. These two foods go well together and can even complement each other. So, if you want to try out new Air Fryer Waffles Recipes, you should give these a shot. Waffles potato chips can be made in just 4 minutes in the air fryer.
- 1/2 lbs Potato
- Two Teaspoons of Salt
- One teaspoon of Black Pepper
- One teaspoon Of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Paprika
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit using an electric model, and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and dry the potato thoroughly before cutting it into wedges (or another shape). If you want thicker wedges, cut them as wide as possible without making them too hard to pick up with your fingers; otherwise, use a mandolin to get thinner slices.
- Put all the potato pieces in an airtight container, add salt and pepper, then shake until they’re evenly coated. You can add garlic powder or paprika if you like.
- Shake off any excess seasoning mixture from each wedge before placing them in your air fryer basket.
- Air fry them for 10 minutes until crispy and golden brown on both sides.
Recipe-2 (Baked Waffles Wedges)
- One large potato
- One teaspoon of Olive oil
- One teaspoon of Salt
- One teaspoon of Chilli powder
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Cut one large potato into thin slices, about ¼ inch thick
- Give oil on each piece lightly and sprinkle with salt or seasoning of your choice (I used chili powder).
- Bake for 10 minutes until crispy and golden brown on both sides—keep an eye on them, so they don’t burn.
- One lb. (454 g) potato, cleaned
- 1 cup (240 ml) Oil spray to coat the potatoes
- Salt & pepper
- Cube the potatoes to a thickness of about half an inch. They’ll cook more uniformly if they’re all about the same thickness.
- Arrange the seasoned coating in a low dish with a lip. Spray the potato wedges with oil and then press them gently but firmly into the seasoned layer.
- Spread the potatoes out in a single layer in the air fryer’s basket or tray (cook in batches if needed). Then, apply another thin layer of oil by spraying.
- For 10 minutes, air fry the potatoes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit (195 degrees Celsius). The potatoes need a gentle rotation. If there are any dry areas, treat them with oil spray.
- Keep Air Frying at 380 degrees Fahrenheit (195 degrees Celsius) for 8-12 minutes or until crispy. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Relish while hot and garnish with your selections (ketchup, mustard, ranch, bbq sauce, etc.)
Why did you choose the recipe?
If you’re a fan of crispy fried potatoes, but hate the mess that comes with using oil in your deep fryer, then this is the recipe for you! Air frying is an excellent alternative to traditional deep frying because it uses hot air instead of oil. The result is delicious Waffles fries with fewer calories and more nutrition. Plus, they’re much easier to clean up after.
What Makes This Recipe So Great?
If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to regular fried potatoes, try making them with sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are a delicious side dish or snack full of vitamins and nutrients. They don’t just taste great, but they’re also better for you than their white counterparts because they have fewer calories, more fiber, and more vitamin A.
Can cooked Waffles be frozen?
You can put them in the freezer. Waffles potatoes don’t require thawing before being reheated. Straight from the freezer, arrange them in a single layer. Then air fries them for three to five minutes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit or until they reach your desired crispiness.
What should I serve with the recipe?
If you think air fryer Waffles recipes are good, try them with a homemade dipping sauce. You can make your mayo or salsa and create a custom dipping sauce that matches the flavor of your potatoes or waffles.
Otherwise, you can use store-bought sauces such as ketchup or BBQ sauce to enhance the flavors of the air fryer Waffles recipe. You can try tomatoes and mozzarella cheese or sour cream and bacon crumbles.
Or go simple with salt and pepper (or your favorite seasonings). Ketchup and chipotle mayo dip is a great way to serve air fryer Waffles potato wedges. You can also use ranch dressing, salsa, or sour cream as dips. Guacamole and cheese are good toppings for air fryer Waffles potatoes.
- Use russet or gold potatoes because of their high starch content. In the oven, they become delicate and fluffy. Avoid red potatoes and other waxy varieties. More about this is provided below.
- If you’re using sliced potatoes, ensure they’re all the same thickness. Uneven cooking is to be expected from thick and thin cuts. Unfortunately, some will get burned before the others are done.
- If your air fryer is on the smaller side, you’ll need to work in increments.
- You may avoid the tasteless Waffles by seasoning them appropriately with salt and pepper.
- To ensure the breading sticks to the potatoes, oil the wedges and press them into the breading mixture.
- Breading of any brand will do. It’s fantastic for potatoes, even if it’s labeled for chicken or other meats.
- Choose barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, buttermilk ranch dressing, or hot sauce to dip. The options are limitless.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
1. How long does it take waffle fries to cook in an air fryer?
Waffles are ready when they’re golden brown with crispy edges. It takes only 10 minutes.
2. How do you cut potatoes for waffle fries?
You can use a potato peeler to slice the potatoes into strips. Then, it would be best if you put them in cold water with some salt so they don’t turn brown.
3. Do you have to pierce a potato before baking it in the air fryer?
No, you do not need to pierce potatoes before cooking them in an air fryer.
4. Should I wrap my potato in foil before air frying?
Wrapping your potatoes in aluminum foil will help them retain moisture, making for better-tasting french fries. However, wrapping them too tightly can cause them to stick together when fried.
5. What’s the best oil for an air fryer?
The best oil for an air fryer is canola oil. Canola oil has a high smoke point, making it suitable for deep frying. However, if you use olive oil, you will need to reduce the amount used.
Waffles is a new brand from Japan that offers home appliances explicitly designed for cooking fried potatoes and waffles. Fried potato dishes are very common in Japanese cuisine. They are usually served alongside rice or noodles and accompanied by dipping sauces such as Dashi (a clear broth) or Sake.
This dish has become a staple at every family meal, especially during the winter holidays. We hope this post has given you ideas for new ways to make air fryer Waffles recipes at home. Also, check out our online resources if you’re looking for more great recipes and tips on cooking with your air fryer.
Meet our air fryer recipe expert, Jenny J. Brown. Jenny is a culinary enthusiast with a passion for creating healthy, delicious meals using the latest kitchen appliances. As an experienced home cook and food blogger, Jenny has spent years experimenting with air fryer recipes and perfecting her techniques to create meals that are both nutritious and satisfying.