Air fryer okra is the easiest dish that you can make in a fried machine. Many don't like to eat the okra for its gluten version. Especially kids are particularly reluctant to eat okra.
So here are some Air Fryer Okra Recipes that you can try anytime. If you like okra or not, you have to try these out. They are super crispy and delicious, and all the family members will love these recipes.
Moreover, you don't need to worry about nutrition because you will get the right amount. So don't be late, let's start with us.
Crispy Air Fryer Fried Okra Recipe
Air Fried okra is a very easy yet crispy snack that you can make in 15 minutes for your whole family. This fried okra is a traditional snack in the South and served as a side plate, but it is now becoming trendy because of the air fryer cooking process. You can eat them anytime.
- 6 ounces fresh okra
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- Calories 230
- Fat 13g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 3g
- (For a Serving Size of 1 serving 85g)
- Put the okra in a bowl and wash them thoroughly.
- Cut off the bottoms and top and chop into a portion of 1/4 inch thick.
- Now prepare the batter. Take a bowl, whisk one egg. Then add 1 teaspoon water and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Take a bowl of flour and toss the okra into it.
- Now drop-in the egg mixture and then toss in the bread crumbs.
- Then put the okra in the air after the basket. The temperature will be 356°F, and it will take 6 minutes to cook. If you take more okra, then put them in two batches.
- After cooking, toss it with olive oil if you want. Then put it back into the fryer for 2-3 minutes.
Notes: you can use the okra without bread crumbs if you like the gluten version.
This dish will be served for 3 to 4 people.
How to Store Low Carb Air Fryer Okra Leftovers
Low car air fryer okra is a perfect snack for the keto diet. It is a perfect combination of saltiness, crunchy. You need some simple ingredients for this. Let's learn this low carb air fryer okra recipe.
- 1/2 lb fresh okra
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Calories 35
- Sugars 1g
- Sodium 200mg
- Protein 1 g
- Fiber 2g
- Fat 1.5g
- Carbs 6g
- (Serving per ½ pound)
- Rinse the okra and cut it into pieces.
- Take a medium bowl and put the okra, salt, and seasoning. Then spray olive oil and mix it well.
- Spread the okra in the air fryer basket in a layer. You can make two layers of it because there are no bread crumbs.
- Toast the okra at 390 for 10-15 minutes. But in the middle time, like 8 minutes, shake the basket, and you will get the perfect crispiness.
You can serve 3 to 5 people.
How to store the leftovers
If you store the leftovers, you have less waste of money and food. You can store them in the refrigerator putting them into a reusable container.
Why do I love Vegan Fried Okra?
Vegan fried okra is not a fully healthy dish or eligible for the keto diet, but it is tasty and easy to make. If you don't like the okra at all, then this recipe is for you. This fried okra can change your taste.
- 130 grams sliced fresh okra
- Oil for frying
- A few grinds of pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- A scant ¼ cup unsweetened soy milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt (plus more for sprinkling)
- Calories 173
- Total Fat 8g
- Sodium 275mg
- Carbohydrates 23g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 2g
- (Amount Per Serving)
- Take ½ of oil in a frying pan and heat it at medium temperature.
- In a medium bowl, put the apple cider vinegar and add soy milk and mix it.
- Take another bowl and put the cayenne, cornmeal, garlic powder, flour, salt, and pepper. Mix them well.
- Now test the oil with a wooden chopstick. If the oil is ready and you can start the frying.
- Take the okra first in buttermilk and dip with the flour mixture, then roll to cover.
- Then let them fry, and when the color will golden brown, transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate to soak.
- Now serve them warm and sprinkle some salt if needed.
Note: fry the okra in small batches. It prevents burning change.
You can serve 4 people.
Why Make Fried Okra In an Air Fryer?
Many probably thought why we recommend an air fryer over the oven. There is one major reason, which is the perfect flavor. If you use an oven for fried okra, you won't get such crispness and juiciness that you get from an air fryer. So we prefer air fryers most because you won't compromise on flavor and healthiness.
If you make fried okra in an air fryer, you will lessen the calories, but you will get proper nutrition.
Moreover, you can cook in the air fryer faster than anything can do. It needs just 10 to 15 minutes to cook if you make a reasonable temperature.
Frying okra with an air fryer is the easiest way to make these recipes. The air fryer lets you taste yummy food without any hassle.
If you are following the diet chart, then the air fryer is the only way to have tasty and crispy food. So you can get rid of having oily food using the air fryer.
How to Deep Fry Hot Dogs FAQs
1. How do you fry frozen breaded okra in the air fryer?
Answer: this is easier for you to make frozen fried okra. Unpack the frozen okra and put them in the air basket. Cook them at 400 for 12 minutes. If you need olive oil flavor, spray the oil in halfway and shake them well. Put it back and cook them until the timer turns zero.
2. What do you need for Air Fryer Roasted Okra?
Answer: there are some simple ingredients like ½ pound sliced okra, 1 teaspoon olive oil, ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Now preheat the air fryer at 350 degrees F. Mix all the ingredients and layer them on the air fryer basket. Put them in, and it will take 5 minutes. Then, serve them.
3. Can you add bread to Air Fryer Okra?
Answer: yes, you can. If you add the bread into okra and fry them in the air fryer, it will take some more time than normal. The key to perfect flavor is to add some oil then fry. It is still very little oil that won't make a big difference in the nutrition.
4. What does air fryer okra taste like?
Answer: air fryer okra just tastes like deep-fried okra, just there is no oil or less oil, which makes a big difference. The outside of the okra is crispy, and inside, it is full of juice that blows your mind. If you are fried with bread or crumbs, the okra will be gluten-free. And if you fried them without the crumbs, there will be a gluten version.
5. How do you thaw frozen okra?
Answer: for thawing the frozen okra, you need to use a microwave. Put in the okra and sometimes stir it. The heat will be medium-low, and it will be thawed after some time.
6. How long does it take to cook frozen okra in an air fryer?
Answer: how long the process will be it depends on the accurate temperature. If you fry the okra in the air fry with a temperature of 400, the frozen okra will take 12 minutes for evenly cooked.
7. Is okra good for weight loss?
Answer: yes, it is. Okra improves your digestion system and keeps it satiated for an extended period. It is an excellent source of fiber and full of essential nutrition. This nutrition will boost your strength.
Okra is also known as lady’s finger and a popular vegetable in tropical countries. You can make so many dishes with okra and can be added with versatile food. This green vegetable is loaded with fiber, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin K, vitamin C, calcium, and antioxidants.
So this nutrition is needed for our healthier life. When many people dislike it for its stickiness, then you can try our best air fryer okra recipes. These fried recipes are good for health and also eligible for the keto diet. So don't be late. Try these simple and easy recipes today.