Chicken tenders are the best snack for any weekend. You can imagine nothing if you have chicken tenders once. You will love the crispy air fryer chicken tenders. And the texture comes out perfect when they are cooked in an air fryer. All your family members will love these not-very oily but delicate chicken tenders.
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cooking time||30 minutes|
|Total time||35 minutes|
What are the nutrients you get from air fryer chicken tenders?: per serving
|Nutrition Facts||Amount Per Serving|
What ingredients do you need to prepare air fryer chicken tenders?
For four servings-
- One-pound chicken tenders
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Two eggs
- Olive oil
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Three-tablespoon honey
- Two tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
How to cook air fryer chicken tenders: Step-by-step process
- Mix the chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl.
- Combine bread crumbs and panko.
- Drench tenders in the egg mixture.
- Coat them into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Remove extra coatings by shaking them.
- Sprinkle some cooking oil or olive oil.
- Set the cooking temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Place the tenders in the frying basket.
- Fry them for 5-6 minutes.
- Flip halfway and fry again until brown and crispy.
- Serve them warm.
Preparation of the homemade sauce:
- Mix honey, mayo, and hot sauce together. You may add Dijon seasoning or pepper to it.
What are the expert tips?
- Put the chicken tenders in small batches. Never overcrowd!
- Evenly coat the breadcrumbs on the tenders.
- The pieces should have a 165°F temperature.
Dos and Don’ts:
- Slice the chicken in a uniform size. It will help to coat bread crumbs on the tenders properly.
Helpful kitchen tools:
|Air fryer||A device that cooks food by circulating hot air around it, creating a crispy texture similar to deep-frying but with less oil|
|Bowl||A container used for mixing ingredients|
|Cooking spray||A type of oil used for coating pans or food before cooking to prevent sticking|
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders & Copycat Chick Fil A Sauce!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen chicken tenders for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen chicken tenders if they are thawed completely before starting the recipe.
Can I use chicken breasts instead of chicken tenders?
Yes, you can use chicken breasts, but you must cut them into strips or tenders for this recipe.
What can I serve with air fryer chicken tenders?
You can serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, like honey mustard, ranch, or BBQ sauce, and side dishes such as french fries, coleslaw, or mashed potatoes.
How do I store leftover chicken tenders?
You can store leftover chicken tenders in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer or oven before serving.
Can I use gluten-free breadcrumbs for this recipe?
You can use gluten-free breadcrumbs if you have a gluten intolerance or allergy. Just make sure they are seasoned and not plain.
On a weekend evening, you must have wished for something special, and here are the chicken tenders! They are perfect for the meal if you have them with some sautéed vegetables and thick gravy.
These recipes will help you make perfect air fryer chicken tenders that will surely be a hit with your family. Whether you’re in the mood for a classic, BBQ, honey mustard or buffalo chicken tenders, you can make the best chicken tenders with these recipes. Not only are they delicious and easy to make, but they’re also a healthier alternative to fried chicken tenders. So go ahead and give them a try!
Chester’s expertise in air fryer cooking stems from her belief that air frying is one of the healthiest and most convenient cooking methods. Her recipes are designed to make the most of the air fryer’s unique cooking properties, producing crispy and delicious meals without excessive oil.